1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recruiting Family Members?

1. MHPampered

MHPampered Member

I just signed up 10/13! YAY I am very excited to start recruiting and building my team. My one concern is one of my potential recruits is my Stepmother whom lives with me.

I see potential problems with this and also see potential benefits with recruiting her.

Anyone have experience with recruiting a family member or someone very close to you? Was there a lot of competition there? Was there conflict?

Also, do you recruit someone just to recruit someone even though you may think they might now follow through or do very well?

Thanks,
    Megan

Nov 2, 2009
  2. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

First thing - you can't recruit someone who lives in the same home as you. It's against policy.

Second - I've recruited my mom & it didn't go well b/c she wouldn't listen/take advice/do what I suggested to her as ideas for getting her business going.

Third - My cousin just signed under me & we are doing great. No conflict or competition. However, we live about 1/2 hour apart.

Fourth - Don't pre-judge anyone. If they come to you with the desire to get started, show them what they need to do to be successful. They'll have to take it from there.

3. MHPampered

MHPampered Member

I wasn't aware that I could not sign someone who lives with me? I was just talking to my director about signing her and she said nothing of this. Do you know where I can find this policy?

Nov 2, 2009
  4. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

It's actually listed on part of the web agreement process. If you would like to see it, go to consultant's corner > managing your business > recruits & leads > consultant agreement > consultant agreement guide

It's listed as next to an "*" under what you need to complete your agreement.

5. MHPampered

MHPampered Member

Ok so I called the solution center to get some clarification and was told:

You can not recruit someone who lives with you

They can sell Pampered chef but they must be recruited through another consultant

Bummer

Nov 2, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I wonder how it would apply if they lived in an attached apartment or in-law suite with a separate entrance?

Nov 2, 2009
  7. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

I would think that is ok, because that is a separate address. I say that because my hubby and I live in a 2 family house. So when we rent the downstairs, even if to family they would not be in my household. the policy is same household I believe, not same house.

Nov 2, 2009
Have something to add?