• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Expo: Limited Turnout Despite Efforts and Expenses

In summary, "Recruiting Expo a Bust" refers to a disappointing recruiting event that fails to attract suitable candidates. This can be a concern for companies and job seekers alike, and may be caused by factors such as poor marketing, a lack of suitable candidates, or competition with other events. To avoid a bust, companies should focus on proper promotion and collaboration, while job seekers can still make the most of their time by networking and following up after the event.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I rented a local community center $125 on a major intersection Saturday, had to buy an insurance policy $80, spent about $70 on ads for 2 different newspapers, and had 150 11 x 17 signs printed on cardstock $100.
There were 6 other vendors besides me that paid me $25 each.
Besides the few friends that came to visit, we had 1 customer.
The temperature outside being around 100 didn't help.

ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Wow, that's so disappointing...I'm so sorry!

Man, I'm so sorry, Bobby.

I had one friday night and no one showed - even the people that RSVP'd. I understand, but I'm so sorry all of you guys put forth so much effort (and $$). Hang in there!!

Chef Bobby I am so sorry, I know those things are SOOOO disappointing!!

Just to let you know and for everyone else. We have liability insurance through PC.
I once did an event and needed the insurance, every other vendor got something through their home owners I called HO and they faxed me a certificate.

pclinskie said:
Chef Bobby I am so sorry, I know those things are SOOOO disappointing!!

Just to let you know and for everyone else. We have liability insurance through PC.
I once did an event and needed the insurance, every other vendor got something through their home owners I called HO and they faxed me a certificate.

They said that it had to be a million dollar policy. I don't know what PC offers.

What is "Recruiting Expo a Bust"?

"Recruiting Expo a Bust" refers to a situation where a recruiting event or expo did not meet expectations or was not successful in attracting quality candidates.

Why is "Recruiting Expo a Bust" a topic of concern?

"Recruiting Expo a Bust" can be a concern for companies or organizations who are looking to hire new employees, as it may indicate a lack of interest or engagement from potential candidates. It can also be a concern for job seekers who were hoping to find opportunities at the expo.

What are some potential reasons for a recruiting expo to be a bust?

There are several reasons why a recruiting expo may be considered a bust, including poor marketing or promotion of the event, a lack of suitable candidates, or a mismatch between the companies and job seekers in attendance. Other factors such as location, timing, and competition with other events may also play a role.

How can companies or organizations avoid a recruiting expo from becoming a bust?

To avoid a recruiting expo from becoming a bust, companies or organizations should ensure proper marketing and promotion of the event, have a clear understanding of the type of candidates they are looking for, and consider factors such as location and timing. It may also be helpful to collaborate with other companies or organizations to attract a larger pool of potential candidates.

What can job seekers do if they attend a recruiting expo that turns out to be a bust?

If job seekers attend a recruiting expo that turns out to be a bust, they can still make the most of their time by networking with other attendees and company representatives, collecting information and materials from companies they are interested in, and following up with any potential leads or opportunities after the event. They can also use the experience as a learning opportunity for future job fairs or expos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• koima
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hollye44
Back