• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating the Recruiting Conundrum: My Journey to Directorship

In summary, Wadegirl is close to meeting both her goals of earning the trip & directorship. She has two options for how to achieve these goals: Sign her up under herself (with the benefit of her past experience & connections) or sign her up under one of her "monthly active" consultants (who she would likely be able to promote to director this month). However, she hesitates to give away a potential superstar recruiter to another team member, even if the team member is her most consistent, hardest working & best consultant.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Currently this month I have three active lines and one senior consultant line included in that three. My team sales are just over $3000 and my personal sales are around $500 right now with several shows to go. So literally I'm one senior consultant away from reaching directorship (I know I'll have at least one or two more active lines by the end of the month).

I also currently have one qualified recruit and two in the process of qualifying leaving me only one qualified recruit away from the requirements needed for the trip.

I had a really good past host/recruit lead text me tonight about getting together to talk about and possibly join the business. We are meeting on Tuesday. So I have two options: 1) sign her up under me - I worked with her and she's been a host for almost three years including the rest of her family (they are my favorite group who do shows every month for me). Plus it would give me my final recruit needed to qualify for the trip - just need to work on points. 2) Sign her up under one of my "monthly active" consultants which would give me my 2nd senior consultant to possibly promote to director this month.

Here are my hesitation about promoting to director:
I found out that my current SC may not stick around in the business much longer. Which would mean while she's active this month, I cannot rely on her any more. This would require me to work to get another active SC and possibly not be able to keep my directorship. I really want a "strong" team when I promote and knowing this doesn't help out much.

I would just sign her under yourself. Even if your 1st SC was planning to stay, you are setting a precedence by "giving away" recruits and all of your other recruits (even the ones who would join in the future) would expect the same treatment. If they already knew one another & the current downline had also spoken to the potential recruit about signing, then it would make more sense. But you really don't want to start handing off recruits to people in your downline that they don't know. ;)

If I did give her away, it wouldn't be to just any of my recruits. It would be to the one that has worked the hardest and has been active every month since she started a year ago. But I do know what you are saying. And personally to me, this is someone I've worked with. I could see if it was someone that just "fell" into my lap that I had no connection with.

I have to tell you, as a new recruit, I might be concerned if I had chosen to work with you and you wanted me to sign under someone else.

My thoughts were along the lines of Marghi's I think I'd feel like I'd been passed along.

Wadesgirl - Congrats on being so close to both your goals of earning the trip & Directorship!!

I tend to agree with the rest...keep the recruit yourself. You might remember another thread by a very new consultant just a few days ago....her director asked if she, the director could have this new consultant's recruit (SIL, I think it was) to earn trip points. The Director offered a gift for the consultant to 'pass on' her new recruit. Now, I know those ethics (or lack thereof) are not the issue here, however many people gave that new consultant the advice that a recruit is more than trip points (for the director) and a gift (for the new consultant).

So, I pass the same advice on.....this new recruit lead is going to worth more in the long run to you as one of your personal lines. You mentioned between she, her family & her friends, they have shows for you every month. The group obviously likes you a lot! When they find out "Suzie" has decided to sign with you, there might be someone in the group who decides, "well, if Suzie can do it with Wadesgirl, then I can too!" They will want to help Suzie start her business - it sounds like it could be a strong start based on the group's history. Just think what that would do for you & your directorship goals each month! Suzie might turn out to be a superstar consultant in selling & recruiting. Do you really want to hand over a potential superstar recruiter to another team member?? - Even if the team member is your most consistent, hardest working & best consultant. ;)

So....continue to build the relationship and sign her to your personal team.:)

Congrats again! Looking forward to your future thread, "I made Director!":D

Cheers,
Debbie

Keep the recruit yourself. Who's to say SHE won't be your next SC?

If the potential recruit and the person you are thinking of passing her onto were friends and the recruit was good with it I think that would be a good idea but otherwise I would not give away a recruit. As has been said, it gives a bad precedent. I also think it won't inspire the "recruiter".

I gave a show to someone to qualify her so I could promote that month and she never did another thing.

Adding my ditto to the above comments. Ask her to bring a friend with her when you meet. Someone who's a good friend or someone who could use Holiday money. Then you can do the interview for both of them and possibly have an SC line in the end. Also, continue to recruit and encourage everyone to promote to SC. The secret is to continue to recruit because your SC lines will not always be active and the nailbiting "will they be active" game is so nerve wracking for you and your team. :)

Get your trip points and recruit requirements. Call the one you wanted to give the recruit to and ask if she's interested in promoting. (actually call them all and see who wants to grow their team). You still have a couple of weeks to get that second line....work with the team and have a group opportunity event. One big info session/interview with any leads that have been on the fence or have expressed any curiosity.

Wishing you much success! It can so happen this month!

I had leaned more to putting her under me, she's a really good "friend" through this business. I will actually be sad to lose this group but know that I will still have to see them sometime. Funny thing is there are a total of 3 of them that we have talked about the business but they alway said they would hate to not be able to see me all the time.It must to be a small practice around here but there have been people who have suggested for me to put my next recruit under one of my current ones.

I have been in your shoes and trust me, it is best for you to sign her under you. I pushed for my director title the first time I got it and then I lost it quickly. I am now working to get it back. The best thing to do is sign her under you and when you are meant to promote to director you will with a strong team in place.

This thread has kept me interested. I have those above me pushing me to sign my new recruits under current recruits. I work hard form ym recruits and so not want to just "give" them to someone else. I have recruited 7, but have had 1 go completely inactive, another rip off a bunch of people and never submitted(home office lead-never met her) and then I have 5 others under me who do OK. One of them is taking a break for awhile. I really do not know who I would stick a new recruit under when I get my next one. I personally feel that I should be mentoring them and helping them and I should get the credit for doing that. I want to be a director too and feel a lot of pressure from above to do that. IT is a goal of mine, but I am not in a hurry. SUre it would be nice to get the bonuses that come with it, but I do not want to be on pins and needles every month wondering if I am going to keep my title or not. Thanks for posting this thread. I am going to follow it and see what others have to say. :)

sassypip said:
This thread has kept me interested. I have those above me pushing me to sign my new recruits under current recruits. I work hard form ym recruits and so not want to just "give" them to someone else. I have recruited 7, but have had 1 go completely inactive, another rip off a bunch of people and never submitted(home office lead-never met her) and then I have 5 others under me who do OK. One of them is taking a break for awhile. I really do not know who I would stick a new recruit under when I get my next one. I personally feel that I should be mentoring them and helping them and I should get the credit for doing that. I want to be a director too and feel a lot of pressure from above to do that. IT is a goal of mine, but I am not in a hurry. SUre it would be nice to get the bonuses that come with it, but I do not want to be on pins and needles every month wondering if I am going to keep my title or not. Thanks for posting this thread. I am going to follow it and see what others have to say. :)

I've always had the attitude that Director will happen when it's supposed to happen!

By the way, we are meeting tonight so she can sign! That's three recruits in three weeks for! Never had so many in a year let alone in such a short time!

wadesgirl said:
I've always had the attitude that Director will happen when it's supposed to happen!

By the way, we are meeting tonight so she can sign! That's three recruits in three weeks for! Never had so many in a year let alone in such a short time!

You must be doing something right!!!! Get the new ones to come to shows with you so that they can pick up on whatever it is you are doing and they can do it at their shows.

sassypip said:

Don't let them pressure you. Easier said than done, I know. They want you to promote so they will promote. Then once you do promote, you have to stay there, as some of the other active threads are heatedly discussing right now. Build your team wide and deep. I've seen Execs in other lines - not mine - pressure people to promote. Then those people got burnt out and quit. They didn't like the pressure from their upline.

Thanks Becca. I appreciate it. IT does feel like pressure sometimes and I want this to be my job that I have forever, not something that is going to feel like work. I also work another job in a hospital ,so, my PC money is extra right now. I eventually want it to be my job, but I want to do it right, so that I can be in a SAFE spot to quit my other job. YOu guys always have the best advice. I have recruited 7 this year and i have only been doing this since last June. MY sales are above average according to those above me, so I can see where THEY have me headed. I never even thought about being a director when I signed up. I was just doing it for fun and some extra money. I really would like to do it on my own terms.

Congrats Wadesgirl!!!! That is awesome. YOu go!!!!

Again, thanks for the thread. Great info!

wadesgirl said:

Wadesgirl....that is TRULY, TRULY AMAZING!!! It deserves a HUGE WAHOOO!! If I was tech savvy, I'd post cuter icons and animated gifs (?)...but this is as far as I can go:

WAHOOOO!!! CONGRATS!!!

Ooh color! :D

Anyhow, you will promote and when you do it'll be with a working team. If you start signing others under others and adding to their sales, etc....you are instilling a precedent. Plus, some might feel you do not have confidence in their ability. Those who want to work and want to promote will do so, and then you won't have to push them to submit and/or be active. Plus, why worry when they know you'll come through for their biz?

Leslie made a great point to invite them to your shows to observe. Plus I suggest you download New Consultant Training Guide in the download center of CC. Do a cook and book and offer weekly coaching calls. It makes a difference.

So congrats! Looking forward to congratulating you on your promotion!!!

lesliec said:
You must be doing something right!!!! Get the new ones to come to shows with you so that they can pick up on whatever it is you are doing and they can do it at their shows.
I always invite them to come to my shows! I love what I do! Funny part is her "group" of friends hosts for me every month but we do a different style of show for them because it's generally the same 5-6 ladies at each show. So I told her she had to come to one of my shows to see a "real" one.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Wadesgirl....that is TRULY, TRULY AMAZING!!! It deserves a HUGE WAHOOO!! If I was tech savvy, I'd post cuter icons and animated gifs (?)...but this is as far as I can go:

WAHOOOO!!! CONGRATS!!!

Ooh color! :D

Anyhow, you will promote and when you do it'll be with a working team. If you start signing others under others and adding to their sales, etc....you are instilling a precedent. Plus, some might feel you do not have confidence in their ability. Those who want to work and want to promote will do so, and then you won't have to push them to submit and/or be active. Plus, why worry when they know you'll come through for their biz?

Leslie made a great point to invite them to your shows to observe. Plus I suggest you download New Consultant Training Guide in the download center of CC. Do a cook and book and offer weekly coaching calls. It makes a difference.

So congrats! Looking forward to congratulating you on your promotion!!!
Thanks! Totally put a smile on my face - even with the lack of cool things!

We are actually signing her tomorrow, my HD ran across the recruiting incentive about an hour before we were meeting up!

I'm glad it did. Mission accomplished. ;D Good thing you and your HD were able to see the promotion...perfect timing! Bet she was excited.

What is "Recruiting Conundrum"?

"Recruiting Conundrum" is a term used to describe the challenges and difficulties that companies face when trying to find and hire the right candidates for open job positions.

What are some common examples of recruiting conundrums?

Some common examples of recruiting conundrums include a shortage of qualified candidates, difficulty finding candidates with the necessary skills and experience, and high turnover rates.

How can companies overcome recruiting conundrums?

To overcome recruiting conundrums, companies can implement strategies such as expanding their candidate pool through diverse recruitment methods, offering competitive salaries and benefits, and improving their employer brand and company culture to attract top talent.

Why is it important for companies to address recruiting conundrums?

Addressing recruiting conundrums is crucial for companies to maintain a competitive edge, attract and retain top talent, and ultimately succeed in achieving their business goals.

What are some long-term solutions for preventing recruiting conundrums?

Long-term solutions for preventing recruiting conundrums include investing in employee development and training programs, promoting from within, and fostering a positive and inclusive work culture to improve employee satisfaction and reduce turnover rates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • nay62
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ShelbyMichalek