• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit etiquette

Feb 22, 2010
I've decided to become a PC consultant.

I have a time set to talk with a director-level consultant about joining up. Without my knowledge, my wife has also set me up to talk with another consultant. Both are very successful. I'd like to talk to both and choose but am not sure if I'm going to create some friction down the line.

Advice?

Also, I'm glad I found this forum - from all I've been reading, seems like a great support group.

Paul

smarteez2

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2005
I would sit and talk with both of them cause frankly once you sign on the dotted line you are stuck with whomever you choose!! Feel them out and figure out which of them them you prefer to deal with. Then make your decision from there. Best of luck and welcome to the Pampered Chef Family.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
It is very important that you are comfortable working with the person who you sign with, because you will be working with them a lot. Just be honest with both people and they should both understand. And if they don't, that might be a sign that you don't want to work with them...

Jewel

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
I agree totally! You must feel that "connection" or you'll feel left in the dark. Where in CO are you?

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
The one thing I would add is to let them know that you are basically interviewing to see who you would like to sign with. Folks get pretty excited about an interview, and by letting them know that you are talking to other consultants, you're being honest and upfront.

You are way ahead of a lot of folks by knowing ahead of time about the importance of finding the right upline!

One thing I would ask is about upline support. While I love my Director (and she is now my "BFF"), had I known about issues with her upper levels before I signed, I would probably had picked a different line. We get very little support from her upline, and it's frustrating (she doesn't get much either, no matter how much she asks or how much is promised). So, ask them about their relationship with their upline and how much support they get. Ask who their NED's are, and if they are different, do some research about them.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I agree that you should go with your gut instinct - the one you think will give you the most support. ;)

Congrats on making the decision to start your new business!!!! :D

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I agree--talk with them both, but let them know you're talking to someone else. It's imperative that you feel really comfortable with your director. Plus, frankly, I think their response to that information will tell you a lot.

Feb 22, 2010
I am in the Denver area.

This would be my first experience with an MLM-type business but I've seen what friends and family have done with other brands. Upline support always seemed important so I'm glad that I'm talking to both. I also wanted someone in my general part of town.

Phone conversations with both have been good but one of them sounds more "connected" than the other at this point.

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
You'll find this to be an easy and best paying job you've ever had. Treat like a biz, work it everyday and the results will match.

Also, know that much of your support will come via phone calls and emails, in addition to the online training and biz guide provided by the company. With today's technology, location is not as crucial as it might once have been. There are cluster meetings, once a month, for you to attend. Even if your recruiter is not in Denver, there's hospitality available where you still get the same benefit.

I have several team members who are not local, and they just skype in for my meetings. They've not suffered due to distance.

Good luck with your decision! :)

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
NED's are good, but so far up that it would not be the most impt factor. Most PC reps are generous in sharing knowledge and sites like this are also good tools for helping him. Remember, all NED's are all in that position because they all worked hard to get there. ;)

I think who they will be in most direct contact (recruiter, director and AD) are more important.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views