• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unpopular Recipes: Tips for Improving Your Cooking Skills

In summary, many PC recipes have been tried and disliked by members of the community. Artichoke Bread Bowl dip and One-pot pasta were some particularly disliked dishes, as were PB&J Pie, Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss, Turkey Cranberry Wreath, Lemon Pepper Crab Canapes, Jerk Seasoning, Seafood Pizza, Skillet Lasagna, Toasted Angel Hair and Sausage, Moroccan Chicken Wedge, Lemon Greek Chicken, Micro Cakes, and Cilantro and Dill. Most of the dislike was due to personal taste preferences and ingredients in the dish that people found unpleasant.
MissChef said:
I wish I could remember everything I use to put in mine! I added cream cheese... I know that... I'll look for my recipe and see if I have it typed up the way I "tweaked it!"
It is waaaay better... my way! LOL!;)

Ya Cath - that would be great - especially with the holiday coming -

I tried it when I made a turkey breast for dinner one night and had left overs - to me it needed something to make it POP - I usually love wreathes or rings or braids - I was so disappointed in this one ! Pm me the recipe darlin!

I don't love the chipotle chicken cornbread cups. I found them to be a bit bland and dry. The bit of cilantro on top was just overpowering and still didn't make them "flavorful" to me.:yuck:

janetupnorth said:
I really can't get used to the one-pot pasta - the cheese gets me...

Yeah, that threw me too, however it is divine!!! :) Especially if you double the cheese!

janetupnorth said:
Well, we know Kacey hates Cilantro and Dill! :) LOL!

You are almost begging for me to insert my Ode to Cilantro poem here!! :D:blushing:

DebbieJ said:
The only thing so far that I haven't cared for was the Toasted Angel hair and Sausage one out of 29 Mins to Dinner. Maybe I need to make it with better quality sausage.

Debbie, it isn't better with a quality sausage- it still stinks! :) Can I say that out loud? hee-hee. It was yucky and DH told me to go ahead and never make that again!!

murkey said:
I don't love the chipotle chicken cornbread cups. I found them to be a bit bland and dry. The bit of cilantro on top was just overpowering and still didn't make them "flavorful" to me.:yuck:

I thought these were absolutely disgusting!:yuck:

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, that threw me too, however it is divine!!! :) Especially if you double the cheese!

ooh, I love this recipe. :love: I do put in the whole 8oz cream cheese.

See. now I love the Cornbread cups and made them at alot of recent shows with rave reviews. The problem is everyone is so different with their likes.

There are many recipes I do not like... Microwave cakes, pork noodle skillet thing.

But the worst was Garden Ranch Pizza. Do you guys remember that one? This is when I joined and it was the "super stater" recipe. I hated it and it was so hard to get enthusiastic at a show about it. I ended up making my own recipes at my shows that first year. It took me a long time to "trust' another PC recipe.

I loved the Garden Ranch Pizza, that was what I had served at my first PC show way back when I started hosting!

you guys are makin' me nauseous - HAHA

My guests at my first shows LOVED the Garden pizza (sans Ranch) but I thought it a bit dry and bland.

The turkey cranberry wreath was my featured recipe at 3 of my shows ... I tasted it at the first one and thought it was too much celery ... my guests liked it, though ... but only when we used CHICKEN and not turkey FROM THE DELI as one host insisted! I'm not a fan of anything containing mayo but can almost stomach it if it's baked in.

The spinach carbonarra thing looks absolutely disgusting.

the spinach carbonarra pizza was good, but rich. the ultimate perrcorn burgers from 29 Minutes to Dinner had too much pepper for me and hubby asked me not to make it again. but i have yet to find one i truely do not like.

I love the Spinach Carbonarra pizza, the ingredients don't sound like they'd go good together, but I had a lot of great reviews!

Power cooking beef stroganoff, satay chicken pasta and mini cheeseburgers have gotten BIG :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Turkey cranberry wreath, One Pot Creamy Pasta (it is the parm that stinks but so many good foods have that in it!) and the microwave cakes in the fluted pans are good too. I have not tried the canned frosting and cake microwave cakes. Not a big fan of canned frosting. Just the word "canned" makes me not like it!

The Turtle Pretzel candies are ok with me but everyone else loves them (they must be weird, not me:D).

I really don't like any of the beef power cooking recipes that I have tried yet. I may have to make my own recipes up!:p

baychef said:
Power cooking beef stroganoff, satay chicken pasta and mini cheeseburgers have gotten BIG :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Turkey cranberry wreath, One Pot Creamy Pasta (it is the parm that stinks but so many good foods have that in it!) and the microwave cakes in the fluted pans are good too. I have not tried the canned frosting and cake microwave cakes. Not a big fan of canned frosting. Just the word "canned" makes me not like it!

The Turtle Pretzel candies are ok with me but everyone else loves them (they must be weird, not me:D).

I really don't like any of the beef power cooking recipes that I have tried yet. I may have to make my own recipes up!:p

I have to say that the brand of salad dressing you use can make a huge difference in the taste. I made this a few times and everyone LOVED it. I used the Wishbone Asian vinagrette dressing. The time I made it with Ken's (because the store didn't have the Wishbone version) it was terrible. I hated it. Also, I make the 30 minute chicken in the DCB while I'm making the rest of the salad. By the time the noodles are all cooked and everything else is all ready, the chicken is just about done. (I try to start the chicken a little bit earlier too, just so I'm not waiting on it) It is so good when you eat it right freshly made. I do have the noodles cool, because they get rinsed under the water after their done cooking. But I don't really like this recipe when it's refrigerated. So when I eat the leftovers, I let them come to room temp. just a bit before eating and it's really good. I also skip the basil most times.

babywings76 said:
I have to say that the brand of salad dressing you use can make a huge difference in the taste. I made this a few times and everyone LOVED it. I used the Wishbone Asian vinagrette dressing. The time I made it with Ken's (because the store didn't have the Wishbone version) it was terrible. I hated it. Also, I make the 30 minute chicken in the DCB while I'm making the rest of the salad. By the time the noodles are all cooked and everything else is all ready, the chicken is just about done. (I try to start the chicken a little bit earlier too, just so I'm not waiting on it) It is so good when you eat it right freshly made. I do have the noodles cool, because they get rinsed under the water after their done cooking. But I don't really like this recipe when it's refrigerated. So when I eat the leftovers, I let them come to room temp. just a bit before eating and it's really good. I also skip the basil most times.

I've only made the Satay Pasta Salad with the Asian Dressing that's on the Measure Mix and Pour, and that version rocks my socks!

The chili from beef power cooking

I love the idea of using the asian dressing from the measure mix and pour!!!

Aloha Pizza gets my vote...yuck!
I tried pushing this at my shows and no one would go for it.

chefsteph07 said:

Normally I wouldn't eat that mix of ingredients but I liked it and my guests actually did too!

chefsteph07 said:

OMG Aloha Pizza is SOOO GOOD! I had a friend call me for the recipe last week.

Sweet Apple Tarlets or whatever they were called... LOL

Little tips to make the artichoke dip in a bread bowl much better
1tbsp of lemon juice instead of 2,
2-3 cloves of garlic instead of 1
grate parmesan cheese into the dip before putting it into the bread and then again on top
Found these things have made a world of difference.....soooo much better
Danielle

PamperedCaniac said:

I wasn't crazy about them either. Thought they were bland and mushy.

PamperedCaniac said:

:yuck: I forgot about these. :yuck:

I was surprised, because I thought I'd like them.

I don't like the hoagie's using onion soup mix from power cooking. Could have been the store brand onion soup mix. Ick!

you know the Aloha Pizza just isn't right. it was the demo for my very first show i went to, i got a wif of it... i wanted to gag. i have a strict rule- if the smell makes me nauseous, i don't eat it. but i like the Taffy Apple Tartlets and i have found the make ahead beef mix for the power cooking is great to have around. infact, i prefer not to add seasonings to it so if i'm not forced to have Stroganof when i want tacos. and it is a great foundation for so much more than just the power cooking recipes. i have found quite a few from the various cook books i own that i could use it with.

OK, so I'm new and don't have much experience, but I tried the cheeseburger salad the other night and it was awful. It tasted like sloppy joes with ketchup. I even checked the recipe to see if I added too much ketchup - but I didn't. My family doesn't eat onions or pickles, so I left those out. Maybe that made a difference?

bobbyjack said:
OK, so I'm new and don't have much experience, but I tried the cheeseburger salad the other night and it was awful. It tasted like sloppy joes with ketchup. I even checked the recipe to see if I added too much ketchup - but I didn't. My family doesn't eat onions or pickles, so I left those out. Maybe that made a difference?

I have not even tried this yet. I guess I am not a cheeseburger fan so that is the hesitation.

Are you all talking about the Taffy Apple Tartlets? They are ok, but guests LOVE these!

i like the taste of the cheese burger salad, but i have 2 issues with it. 1) there is never enough & 2) it is a tease. i know that it is a giant salad and i happen to like it, but it is NEVER enough in my house. and when you have a hubby who is a bottomless pit and rail thin on top of that it becomes a tease. it tastes like a cheese burger, but it's mostly lettuce. i know that is the idea, but i don't like lettuce on my cheeseurgers anyway. when i make it, here comes hubby, is that all? where is the rest of dinner??? (he is great for diet and weight loss i tell ya! nothing like a bean pole shoveling down plates full of high fat food like its going out of style to make you feel good about your attempts to curb you unhealthy eating habits.)

bobbyjack said:

I think that definitely makes a difference.

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard from guests "Oh, I don't eat pickles (or onions, or mustard....), but I love this salad"

I thought this recipe looked disgusting, and hadn't tried it until a host begged me to make it for her show. The guests ALL raved about it (even the ones who didn't like some of the ingredients) - so I had to try it then!
This is one of those amazing recipes where the whole is so much better than the parts it's made from!

ltkacz said:
PB&J pie from All the Best Cookbook

OH, I so agree :)
I am allergic to nuts, so anything with nuts and I do not like coconut either.:thumbdown:

bobbyjack said:

yes, leaving those two out makes a huge difference.

I did not care for the Dijon Chicken Toss until I tasted it the next day. I mixed the sauce with the pasta before sticking it in the fridge, and it turned out to be a pretty good cold pasta salad.

I must confess that I really do not like the meat recipes done in the microwave. I tried the pork loin. It tasted okay, but I find that meats taste so much better when slow cooked in the DCB in the oven. I also tried the White Chicken Chili and think the chicken would have been more tender if slow cooked. One recipe that is a real hit with my family is the Pan Asian Meatballs from one of last year's Season's Best. A tip--don't add butter or oil when you cook the rice in the rice cooker or the rice will not stick well to the meatballs. I took these to one of my shows and they were a real hit!! Once again, I cook them in the DCB in the oven. The water chestnuts give them a nice added crunch; and they sure smell good while cookin' It is a great make-ahead recipe.

bobbyjack said:

I'd think so, because without those ingredients all you basically have is ground beef with ketchup and a drop of mustard. So, that's what it would taste like. :)

PamperedDor said:
Ya Cath - that would be great - especially with the holiday coming -

I tried it when I made a turkey breast for dinner one night and had left overs - to me it needed something to make it POP - I usually love wreathes or rings or braids - I was so disappointed in this one ! Pm me the recipe darlin!

Okay, Dor... I searched for you today and just when I was about to give.... bam.... there it was!! I'm going to pm it to you.... if anyone else wants it... let me know... in my opinion, the add ins took this recipes from a zero and became it's hero! I actually really liked it this way..... to me these ingredients to help it pop.... the original way is just to bland! good luck! let me know what you think!:);)

I only put onions on top of the salad. I don't like pickles either, but it was much better when I added the pickles. It made the sauce tangy, more like a dressing.

<h2>1. Why should I try "unpopular" recipes?</h2><p>Trying new and unpopular recipes can help improve your cooking skills by expanding your palate and introducing new techniques and ingredients.</p><h2>2. How can I make sure I enjoy an "unpopular" recipe?</h2><p>One tip for enjoying unpopular recipes is to read reviews and adjust the recipe to your taste preferences. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.</p><h2>3. Are there any Pampered Chef recipes that are known to be unpopular?</h2><p>As with any recipe, there are some that may not be well-received by all taste buds. However, Pampered Chef takes pride in creating recipes that are tested and loved by many. If a recipe does not turn out as expected, we encourage you to reach out to our customer service team for assistance.</p><h2>4. What could have gone wrong with the Artichoke Bread Bowl recipe?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons why the Artichoke Bread Bowl did not turn out as expected. It could be due to variations in ingredients, oven temperature, or even personal taste preferences. We recommend reaching out to our customer service team for troubleshooting tips and suggestions for improvement.</p><h2>5. Are there any other tips for improving my cooking skills when trying "unpopular" recipes?</h2><p>Some additional tips for improving your cooking skills when trying new and potentially unpopular recipes include practicing proper measuring techniques, following instructions closely, and being open to trying new ingredients and flavors. It's also helpful to have a positive attitude and be willing to learn from any mistakes. Happy cooking!</p>

1. Why should I try "unpopular" recipes?

Trying new and unpopular recipes can help improve your cooking skills by expanding your palate and introducing new techniques and ingredients.

2. How can I make sure I enjoy an "unpopular" recipe?

One tip for enjoying unpopular recipes is to read reviews and adjust the recipe to your taste preferences. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.

3. Are there any Pampered Chef recipes that are known to be unpopular?

As with any recipe, there are some that may not be well-received by all taste buds. However, Pampered Chef takes pride in creating recipes that are tested and loved by many. If a recipe does not turn out as expected, we encourage you to reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

4. What could have gone wrong with the Artichoke Bread Bowl recipe?

There could be a variety of reasons why the Artichoke Bread Bowl did not turn out as expected. It could be due to variations in ingredients, oven temperature, or even personal taste preferences. We recommend reaching out to our customer service team for troubleshooting tips and suggestions for improvement.

5. Are there any other tips for improving my cooking skills when trying "unpopular" recipes?

Some additional tips for improving your cooking skills when trying new and potentially unpopular recipes include practicing proper measuring techniques, following instructions closely, and being open to trying new ingredients and flavors. It's also helpful to have a positive attitude and be willing to learn from any mistakes. Happy cooking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • Symara