• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deciding Between Sharing Recipes at Shows vs. Posting on Website

In summary, the author directs guests to her website in hopes of getting them interested in her cooking and gives out recipe cards at her shows with the website address on it. She uses a three-pile system to keep track of who has hosted and sampled her recipes.
Christa
I am wondering if I should

1. Give out the recipes at the shows

or

2. Put the recipes up on my website and direct guests there in hopes of getting them nosing around my site.

Thanks for your opinions!

I just got my website and at my last show, I just told all of them to go to my website in the recipe section and I would post it there. I'm trying to promote my website though.

websiteI direct them to my site to collect the month of show recipes. So they get not only that show but the rest of the recipes I do at other shows. It seems to spark their interest some but I dont' actually know if they visit?

I used to include the recipes I make in the email I send all guests who give me email addresses, but then I started directing them to my website. I post them there, but with the new policies on which recipes we can post on the website, I may change my methods. I do know some people do actually go look because I got an email from someone who couldn't find it on my website. I also know that some people who get my email newsletter also go look because I've gotten feedback that they've made and liked the recipes I have posted there.

I don't hand them out at my shows unless they are recipes that come on those recipe cards. I seem to collect more email addresses from guests when I tell them I'll email them with instructions on how they can access the recipes I've made.

I think the more traffic we can send to our websites, the better!

Recipes-which do u do??I've never posted before----I give out a recipe card at each show--with website address on it-- I kind of use the recipe cards as my business cards too-especially at fairs-because they will throw out or lose a business card --but not a good recipe card!!
If I do a recipe at a show that I know they really like--I print them up and stamp my info on back and give them at the show--People are busy --they may not run home to get to the website to view a recipe??!!
Hope this helps!!

I use mine at checkout - I always have three piles of information - the business opportunity, host packet/info and the recipes. I ask everyone if they are interested in the business, then hosting and finally the recipe. That way I always have a positive note to end on. If it is in Season's Best I make copies of it and have my name/web/phone on it - you can get two recipes to a page with the Season's Best. For other shows I use the PC recipe card or type up myself. During the show when I tell them what I am making I say that the recipe will be available at checkout and also let them know which cookbook it is in (if applicable). Hope this helps!

Same here...The 3 pile system works great because it reminds me to ask everyone about hosting and the opportunity! I do the same as Amanda, but, I give recipes from past Celebration seasons or ones I print on the computer. This way I still direct them to my website to get the recipe they sampled at the show! But as Becky said above, the policy has changed. I have started including the recipe name on my website with a disclaimer saying they need to e-mail me for this recipe because of new office guidelines. I guess I will see how it works! :confused:

So, do most of you just make up a list of recipes and use the same ones over and over? I did that in the beginning, but thought it was kind of boring. How often do you change them? Now I either just ask the hostess what type of foods she likes and then send her a list of foods that fit her preference, or if they book while at a show, hand them my cookbooks and let them pick. I just tell them to watch the cooking times, because it can't be anything that takes awhile to cook. I always practice everything at home first. My family really likes this. I got a booking at my show last night for Brunch and the girl picked out the Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches and the Fruit-Topped Triple Chocolate Pizza out of the All The Best cookbook. Only she wants to change to cookie from chocolate chip to sugar. I can't wait to try these two out! :D

jenniferlynne said:
So, do most of you just make up a list of recipes and use the same ones over and over? I did that in the beginning, but thought it was kind of boring. How often do you change them? Now I either just ask the hostess what type of foods she likes and then send her a list of foods that fit her preference, or if they book while at a show, hand them my cookbooks and let them pick. I just tell them to watch the cooking times, because it can't be anything that takes awhile to cook. I always practice everything at home first. My family really likes this. I got a booking at my show last night for Brunch and the girl picked out the Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches and the Fruit-Topped Triple Chocolate Pizza out of the All The Best cookbook. Only she wants to change to cookie from chocolate chip to sugar. I can't wait to try these two out! :D

I have a list of about 4 recipes that hosts can choose from, I have found that I have the more success with certain recipes over others (my favorite is the Mandarin Pasta Salad). I truely believe that a good recipe will increase your sales at a show. I have also found out that when I try to deviate from my standard 4 that my shows are not as good, probably because I am more nervous. I do make sure that if I get a lot of bookings at the same show with in a few months that no one does the same recipe, this way all of the friends can try different things.

Yeah, that is a good point. I guess that hasn't occured to me because I tend to stay in the same circles and so I'm always offering different recipes. My show last night was for my cousin and it was her third since I started selling in May! Her sister also booked off her for March and it will also be her 3rd! They just keep booking off each other. The show last night actually went surprisingly well except for the caramel pecan pull apart bread dripping all over the oven and smoking the house up! She actually had three new people show up and one is considering a show. It sure would be nice to branch out a little. When I do get a new booking, I have trouble getting another person to book from them. Three of my shows next month are all repeat hosts. I appreciate their loyalty, but I want new blood!!

jenniferlynne said:
Three of my shows next month are all repeat hosts. I appreciate their loyalty, but I want new blood!!

You could offer a gift (seasons best cookbook or something) to any guest who brings someone that hasnt ever been to a show before (or at least one of your recent ones!)..

I send out the invites myself and always stamp (on post cards) or type (on flyers) "Bring a friend, get a gift". Maybe I need to start being more specific. I bet "Bring a friend and get a free cookbook" would be a more attractive offer.

I always forget to give the guest who brought a friend their gift, oops :eek: I love loyal hosts and all but there is nothing better than a virgin (my little pet name for newcomers...guests always get a kick out of it) PC guest to boost sales and bookings! I always make sure to take an inventory of my guests before I get started, if everyone has been to 4 shows in the last 12 months I don't emphasize on the products as much as I normally would and I pay more attention to them just having a great time. Now, if there are 3 or 4 virgins I make sure that they know what great stuff they have happened upon and I make sure that I stay in touch with them after the show. Actually I had one girl who had never even heard of PC and she is to date my best customer, she has placed two individual orders of $1326 and $1078. She wanted everything....and just about got everything. Now she will buy some of the new stuff every season.

1. What types of recipes do you offer?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide variety of recipes including main dishes, desserts, appetizers, and side dishes. We also have vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options.

2. Are your recipes easy to follow?

Yes, our recipes are designed to be easy to follow for all levels of cooking experience. We include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure your success in the kitchen.

3. Can I find recipes for specific kitchen tools?

Absolutely! Our recipes are often created with our Pampered Chef kitchen tools in mind. You can easily search for recipes that use specific tools on our website or in our cookbooks.

4. Are there nutritional information and serving sizes listed with the recipes?

Yes, we provide nutritional information and serving sizes with all of our recipes. We understand the importance of knowing what is in your food and being able to plan your meals accordingly.

5. Can I save and organize my favorite recipes on your website?

Yes, you can create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box. You can also create folders to organize your recipes by category or occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
denise703
  • amyry
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies