• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes Using Rectangular Baker

C
chefjules
I'm having my first show next Friday. I need a recipe to bake in my rectangular baker. (The 9x13) I'm making the pumpkin pie spread so I want to bake something that kinda goes with that. Any suggestions?

Check with your Pampered Chef director, they might have a favorite. When I am looking for a new recipe to try I just page thru our cookbooks especially the Seasons Best.
Good Luck!

Rectangle BakerCongratulations on doing your first show!! About rectangular baker recipes: If you are making the pumpkin pie spread, do you want to make it a dessert kind of night? You could bake a cake or brownies in the baker, and serve with Good Company coffee. Talk about how your brownies are never 'window pane' brownies (you know, hard around the entire outside edge of the pan) when baked in a stone. There is also a Chex-like mix called Barbeque Snack mix in the Celebrate cookbook.

If you keep it simple with a brownie that could be made ahead, you can talk about different things to do with the Rectangular Baker in the quiet times.

My favorite for young families is to put a (approx.) 3# chuck roast, a whole chicken, and about 3# of pork country ribs in the Baker. Season each meat with your favorite Pampered Chef Pantry seasonings. (If you have a family favorite, recommend it.) Put the Rectangular Lid on and bake at 350* for about an hour. They have just made the meat courses for 4 days. Reheat meat and add a side of vegetables, a potato or pasta dish, and salad for each day. At the end of the week, put all the leftovers together (pull off the bones), reheat with barbecue sauce. Serve on buns with french fries baked on a stone, baby carrots and celery sticks. Easy end of the week dinner.

The other favorite I LOVE is Lasagne. Use your favorite recipe. Layer your favorite marinara sauce, lasagna noodles (do NOT boil them), your ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella layer at least 2x. End with mozzarella Cover baker tightly with foil. Bake as directed (or at 350* for 50 minutes). You can serve this immediately without the 'lasagne slide'. A tape I listened to said to talk about the 3 day soak in the sink for the pan. There isn't one with stoneware ;) Just soak in hot water, then use your scraper.

Have fun with your show!!

Sallie

Sallie_M said:
My favorite for young families is to put a (approx.) 3# chuck roast, a whole chicken, and about 3# of pork country ribs in the Baker. Season each meat with your favorite Pampered Chef Pantry seasonings. (If you have a family favorite, recommend it.) Put the Rectangular Lid on and bake at 350* for about an hour. They have just made the meat courses for 4 days. Reheat meat and add a side of vegetables, a potato or pasta dish, and salad for each day. At the end of the week, put all the leftovers together (pull off the bones), reheat with barbecue sauce. Serve on buns with french fries baked on a stone, baby carrots and celery sticks. Easy end of the week dinner.

Sallie

Does all that meat actually fit in the rectangle Baker at the same time? Does it all get cooked thoroughly without being over/under cooked? Do you need the lid in order for it to bake properly? Unfortunately I don't own the lid yet (it's on my wish list). I would like to try this before recommending it to others.

As for my favorite recipe in the rectangle Baker. It's the Chicken Lasagna Alfredo from the Celebrate cookbook. Not one to really demo at the show but can bring already prepared to a show and talk about the tools used to prepare. Very delicious and easy to make.

Sharon

Sharon, the all these meats cook together in about an hour. Each one should be 3 to 3 1/2 #, no 6 # roasting chickens please :) You do not want them overly done, as you will be reheating one each night for dinner. But, in my oven, they were done (my oven was used when I got it, and is over 30 years old. I am holding out for a Jenn-Aire.). Make sure your meats are not real pink or RED when you serve them.

Another good recipe for the Rectangular Baker & Lid is Lemon Rosemary Chicken. I don't remember the 'real' recipe, just my version. It was in a Season's Best. But I do remember you can talk about this and it will make mouths water ;) It's something like this.

10 min. prep. 1 hour baking.

Wash whole chicken (3 to 4#), pat dry including cavity. Place in Rectangle Baker. Thinly slice a lemon using US&G, fill cavity with slices. Place a couple slices on top of chicken. Quarter cleaned potatoes using the Crinkle Cutter(red are attractive in this recipe if you can find some that are not in too bad shape). Use enough for how many people you are feeding. Spritz a little olive oil over potatoes and chicken; sprinkle with Rosemary Seasoning, a little salt and freshly ground pepper (S&P Mill). Bake at 350* for an hour to hour, 15 minutes. Take the lid off last 15 minutes to brown. This tastes good enough for company or Sunday dinner, but is easy enough for a weeknight family dinner.

If someone has the 'official' recipe, would you please post it? Thanks in advance!!

BTW, Sharon, how was your first party? :D

Sallie_M said:
Congratulations on doing your first show!! About rectangular baker recipes: If you are making the pumpkin pie spread, do you want to make it a dessert kind of night? You could bake a cake or brownies in the baker, and serve with Good Company coffee. Talk about how your brownies are never 'window pane' brownies (you know, hard around the entire outside edge of the pan) when baked in a stone. There is also a Chex-like mix called Barbeque Snack mix in the Celebrate cookbook.

If you keep it simple with a brownie that could be made ahead, you can talk about different things to do with the Rectangular Baker in the quiet times.

The other favorite I LOVE is Lasagne. Use your favorite recipe. Layer your favorite marinara sauce, lasagna noodles (do NOT boil them), your ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella layer at least 2x. End with mozzarella Cover baker tightly with foil. Bake as directed (or at 350* for 50 minutes). You can serve this immediately without the 'lasagne slide'. A tape I listened to said to talk about the 3 day soak in the sink for the pan. There isn't one with stoneware ;) Just soak in hot water, then use your scraper.

Have fun with your show!!

Sallie

I just got my lid ~ I can't wait to start experimenting! I looked it up on Consultant's corner and it says "Company Roast Chicken" from pg 50 of the More Stoneware Sensations book.... I don't have it. Does anyone have that recipe?

I've got it Susan. Give me a minute - maybe a few minutes - and I'll type it out for you!

Company Roast Chicken

more Stoneware Sensations pg. 50

3/4 cup natural whole almonds, coarsely chopped
6 cups cooked converted long-grain white rice
3/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley, divided
1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves or 4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, divided
3 tablespoons sliced green onions with tops
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 roasting chicken (5 1/2 - 6 1/2 pounds)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For rice mixture, coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add cooked rice, raisins, 3 tablespoons of the parsley, 3 tablespoons of the fresh thyme leaves (or 3 teaspoons dried) and green onions; mix well. for garlic-herb butter, press garlic using Garlic Press into Small Batter Bowl. Add butter, remaining fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried); mix well using Skinny Scraper. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat using Kitchen Shears, if necessary. Starting with neck cavity, loosen skin from breast by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken in Rectangle Baker, breast side up. Slide butter mixture under skin of breast, using Skinny Scraper. Using fingers, press skin to evenly distribute butter mixture under skin. Fill cavity of chicken with 2 cups rice mixture. Place Rectangluar Lid/Bowl over Baker. Spoon remaining rice mixture into Mini-Baking Bowl; cover with 8" Mini-Baker and set aside. Bake chicken 1 hour. Carefully remove Lid/Bowl from Baker, lifting away from you. Place covered Mini-Baking Bowl in oven with chicken. Bake rice 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Continue baking chicken 15-30 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180 degrees F in meaty part of thigh and juices run clear. Let stand 10 minutes before carving with 8" Chef's Knife.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 650, Fat 24 g, Sodium 190 mg, Dietary Fiber 3 g

chef_leeanne said:
Company Roast Chicken

more Stoneware Sensations pg. 50

3/4 cup natural whole almonds, coarsely chopped
6 cups cooked converted long-grain white rice
3/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley, divided
1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves or 4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, divided
3 tablespoons sliced green onions with tops
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 roasting chicken (5 1/2 - 6 1/2 pounds)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For rice mixture, coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add cooked rice, raisins, 3 tablespoons of the parsley, 3 tablespoons of the fresh thyme leaves (or 3 teaspoons dried) and green onions; mix well. for garlic-herb butter, press garlic using Garlic Press into Small Batter Bowl. Add butter, remaining fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried); mix well using Skinny Scraper. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat using Kitchen Shears, if necessary. Starting with neck cavity, loosen skin from breast by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken in Rectangle Baker, breast side up. Slide butter mixture under skin of breast, using Skinny Scraper. Using fingers, press skin to evenly distribute butter mixture under skin. Fill cavity of chicken with 2 cups rice mixture. Place Rectangluar Lid/Bowl over Baker. Spoon remaining rice mixture into Mini-Baking Bowl; cover with 8" Mini-Baker and set aside. Bake chicken 1 hour. Carefully remove Lid/Bowl from Baker, lifting away from you. Place covered Mini-Baking Bowl in oven with chicken. Bake rice 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Continue baking chicken 15-30 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180 degrees F in meaty part of thigh and juices run clear. Let stand 10 minutes before carving with 8" Chef's Knife.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 650, Fat 24 g, Sodium 190 mg, Dietary Fiber 3 g

YOU are my HERO!!!! Oh how I appreciate you! Thank you! Pleasepost your other favorites. I have a feeling I am going to LOVE the lid!

:)

1. What is the best type of recipe to bake in a rectangular baker?

The rectangular baker is perfect for baking casseroles, lasagnas, and other layered dishes. It is also great for baking brownies, bars, and other desserts that can be cut into squares.

2. Can I use the rectangular baker for baking cakes?

Yes, you can use the rectangular baker for baking cakes. However, it is important to make sure that the dimensions of your cake pan match the dimensions of the baker to ensure the best results.

3. How do I adjust the baking time when using a rectangular baker?

The baking time may vary slightly when using a rectangular baker, as it may take longer for the center of the dish to cook compared to the edges. It is important to check the dish regularly and adjust the baking time accordingly.

4. Can I use the rectangular baker for broiling or grilling?

No, the rectangular baker is not suitable for broiling or grilling as it is made of ceramic or stoneware. These materials are not suitable for high heat cooking methods.

5. Are there any special care instructions for a rectangular baker?

It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for care and usage. Generally, it is recommended to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot baker in cold water, as it can cause the dish to crack. It is also important to avoid using metal utensils on the baker, as it may damage the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • AJ-1
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pamperedinAlaska
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies