• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes to Go With Wine Tasting

In summary, Sandy suggests recipes for a cheese and chocolate fondue, using the Simple Addition Stands, and serving with forks and toothpicks. There is also a document attached about fondue etiquette.
jody
Gold Member
I'm working with a friend who has booked a wedding shower with me for her sister. We're setting up the registry, etc. The mother of the bride would like to have a wedding shower for her which is more of a wine tasting type of event. Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes that I could demo or make to go with this theme?

Thanks,
Jody

Oh yum! Any of those baked brie recipes would be perfect. There's an Apricot Almond Baked Brie that used to be a Celebrations Show. I think you can access the recipe in Consultant's Corner, under the recipe tabs and Enhance Your Shows and then Theme Shows. Look through all those recipes and I think it's there. There's also the one in the Celebrate cookbook....Baked Brie with Cranberry and Apples or something to that effect. Those are yummy and go well with wine. You could cut up cheeses with the Creative Cutters too. :D

The Antipasto Pizza in the new SB is awesome and a very good demo recipe. That with the baked brie Becky is talking about would be great I would think!

fonueYou could do a cheese and chocolate fondue (both go great with wine!). Use the simple additions medium bowls in the hospitality stand. (If you need the recipes for the cheddar cheese and chocolate/caramel fondue, let me know.) Place the fondue in the bowls and use the petite squares for tealight candles under each of them to keep the fondue warm.

On either side, use the 3 tier stands. For the cheese fondue, use french bread, ham chunks and fresh broccoli. For the chocolate, use pound cake, apples, bananas and strawberries. You can also use the Large SA bowl in the woven basket in the center of the table filled with preztels (they also go great with cheese and/or chocolate).

Lastly, use the small bowl caddy for forks and toothpicks. You'll have an incredibly elegant, yet simple and inexpensive, display of products and food.

Sandi~

You guys rock!Thanks for the great ideas. I talked with my friend (the matron-of-honor) and she thinks her mom will love any or all of those ideas. I appreciate all of your suggestions and might use them at other wedding shows in the future if I can't use some this time.

Thanks again!!
Jody

Euro Chef Sandi said:
You could do a cheese and chocolate fondue (both go great with wine!). Use the simple additions medium bowls in the hospitality stand. (If you need the recipes for the cheddar cheese and chocolate/caramel fondue, let me know.) Place the fondue in the bowls and use the petite squares for tealight candles under each of them to keep the fondue warm.

On either side, use the 3 tier stands. For the cheese fondue, use french bread, ham chunks and fresh broccoli. For the chocolate, use pound cake, apples, bananas and strawberries. You can also use the Large SA bowl in the woven basket in the center of the table filled with preztels (they also go great with cheese and/or chocolate).

Lastly, use the small bowl caddy for forks and toothpicks. You'll have an incredibly elegant, yet simple and inexpensive, display of products and food.

Sandi~

Sandy, do the bowls become blackened from the flame? What do guests use to hold the food (never done a fondue, though I do understand the concept).

I haven't had any trouble with blackened dishes using the Medium Bowls....they sit up high enough up away from the flame. I do not recommend using the Small Bowls unless you have the discontinued Fondue Accessory Kit. I've used the new Simple Addition Stands 3 times for this fondue set up and it's worked beautifully!

As for serving it, you can do it a couple of ways. The simplest and most comfortable way for everyone is to provide a small ladel in each of the fondues. That way, no dippers accidentally get dropped in the sauce. You can use the discontinued fondue forks, but I really try to stay away from using products that people can no longer purchase. Forks and/or toothpicks work fine too.

I've attached a fun document that I usually print out and have at the end of the table for folks to read as they're eating. It has the history of fondue and some fun etiquette and "rules", as well as a few of the recipes.

Sandi~

Attachments

• Fabulous Fondue.doc
    32 KB · Views: 592
The choir I am in does a wine tasting fundraiser every year and the "rule" is nothing with artichokes, asparagus, or too much garlic - they tend to make the wine taste funny or something (i'm not much of a drinker so, I couldn't tell you why.) Beyond that, I'd go for one of the baked cheese appetizers, a nice chocolate dessert, something like that. And you might want to ask the host what wines she is serving - reds, whites, etc, and maybe ask your local wine guy what goes well with that type of wine.

Just my $.02.

Let us know how it goes!

The perfect thing to go with a wine tasting is the Bread dipping show. Use the oil dipping set, seasonings with olive oil, basil oil, bread sticks that you make on a stone (I break them in half to provide more and then they fit in the SA small bowls and caddy), woven round tray. It's so easy! You can add a Farmers Market dip and veges in a chillzanne server.

1. What types of appetizers should I serve for a wine tasting?

When planning a wine tasting, it's important to choose appetizers that will complement the flavors and characteristics of the wine. Some popular options include cheese and charcuterie boards, bruschetta, and crostini. You can also consider serving light bites such as olives, nuts, or small pastries.

2. Can I pair red wine with seafood?

While traditionally, red wine is not paired with seafood, there are some exceptions. For example, light-bodied red wines like Pinot Noir or Beaujolais can pair well with seafood such as salmon or tuna. It's important to consider the specific flavors and textures of both the wine and the seafood when making a pairing.

3. Should I serve white or red wine with dessert?

When it comes to dessert, the general rule is to pair sweet wines with sweet desserts and vice versa. However, there are some exceptions. For fruity or creamy desserts, a light-bodied red wine like a Pinot Noir can be a good choice. For chocolate desserts, a Port or other fortified wine can make a delicious pairing.

4. How many different types of wine should I serve at a tasting?

The number of wines to serve at a tasting ultimately depends on personal preference and the size of your group. For a small gathering, 3-4 different wines may be enough. For larger groups, you may want to offer 5-6 different options. It's also a good idea to have a mix of white, red, and sparkling wines to cater to different tastes.

5. Can I use any type of wine for cooking?

While there are no strict rules for cooking with wine, it's generally recommended to use a wine that you would also enjoy drinking. Avoid using "cooking wine" which often contains added salt and preservatives. Also, be mindful of the flavors and aromas of the wine and how they will impact the dish you are preparing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LoriLions