• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes for the New Grill Basket?? Anyone??

In summary, Tracy is going to do a grill show in May and she was wondering what recipes people are using. Some people are using the new grill basket and others are not. There is a meatball recipe in the new grilling book that uses the grill basket. People have said that it is great. Lastly, Tracy is going to be serving shrimp wrapped in bacon at her third anniversary party this Sunday.
pamperedtracy
Gold Member
Hi,

I am going to be doing a grill show in May. I was hoping to show the new grill basket. I haven't tried it yet. I was wondering what recipes people are using. What does everyone suggest?

Any good show demo recipes for the grill using the grill basket??

Thanks,
Tracy

This past weekend we did a BBQ and put 2lbs of peeled shrimp in the grill basket with Old Bay Seasoning (I'm from Maryland, got have my old bay :love:) and it turned out great. I'm sure you can use the chiplote or jerk seasoning as well.

we did a grilled pineapple in it it was so yummy will definitly do it again.

I made potatoes in mine.There's a meatball recipe in the new grilling book that uses the basket. They sound really good.

YUMMO!!

Is there grilling times that I need to be aware of? I don't want the shrimp to get too chewy.

For the pineapple and potatoes?

I can't wait to experiment with my basket.

Thanks,
Tracy

For potatoes: I scrubbed fingerling potatoes and cut them in half (larger ones into more pieces, so they were all about the same size). Then I tossed them with a little of our garlic oil, and sprinkled on a little horseradish powder (from Penzey's), put them in the basket and grilled until done. DH was manning the grill that day, and just left them there, with an occasional stir, until they felt done when poked with a fork.

with the pineapple we had them soak in applejuice and brown sugar at least 1 hr. we did all day. Then I think my DH cooked them for 10 mins each side not sure he is always in charge of the grill while I am inside doing the rest.

Mpayton posted this one on a thread awhile back...

Jerk Shrimp Marinade (for 1 lb shrimp)
1/4 c orange juice
1/3 c olive oil
Juice from one lemon
2 T Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
splash of habanero Tobasco

Whisk together marinade ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Add shrimp and let marinade about 30 to 45 minutes; mixing occasionally.

Remove shrimp from marinade and place in Grill Basket and cook on grill

Thank you all so much. That helps. If anyone else has recipe ideas out there, I would love to hear them. Then that would give me a good list to pull from.

Tracy

We haven't done it with the grill basket yet, but every year DH hollows out jalepeno peppers, filles them with cream cheese, wraps them in bacon and grills them. They will fit into the basket perfectly when we do them this year.

Christ Follower said:
We haven't done it with the grill basket yet, but every year DH hollows out jalepeno peppers, filles them with cream cheese, wraps them in bacon and grills them. They will fit into the basket perfectly when we do them this year.

Oh yum...those sound GREAT!

Does anyone know what recipe it is that they show with the shrimp in the grill basket in the catalog? I tried looking at the recipe index for the catalog (the listing that's on cc) and didn't see it.

I want to try my grill basket!!! :)

HO reported that it's not a recipe. It's just shrimp with a little oil and some seasoning.

chefann said:
HO reported that it's not a recipe. It's just shrimp with a little oil and some seasoning.
Oh, ok! Thanks! That Jerk Seasoning marinade recipe earlier in this thread sounds good, so I think I'll go with that!:) I'd make this tonight but a bunch of storms are coming, so grilling won't be too fun.

We tested the grill basket this week by marinading the shrimp in 2 tbsp. of our Garlic Infused Canola Oil and Citrus and Basil Rub. Since they were the frozen, already cooked shrimp that I thawed, it only took about 5 minutes on the Grill at medium heat. Served over wild rice with asparagus, it was soooo good that I will be serving it at my 3rd anniversary party on Sunday. There is a recipe in the new Grill Recipe book you can follow for timing. I did it the
quick way, and cheated with Uncle Ben's variety in our Rice Cooker.

I put some fresh broccoli,cauliflower and baby carrots in mine---tossed it with a bit of our garlic oil and sprinkled with our bell pepper rubm. Mmmmmmmmm. The carrots take awhile, so next time, I'll put them on first for a while before I add the others.

I made the shrimp last night with the jerk seasoning recipe mentioned above in the thread and it was yummy! I also grilled some fresh pineapple along side it and it was very good.

I marinated some veggies in Teryaki sauce, then cooked them in the basket on the grill. I also cut up some chicken, seasoned with Asian Seasoning, and put those on our skewers. Cooked both at once on the grill and they turned out awesome. A batch of rice in the Rice Cooker, and dinner was complete!

Last edited:
We did some b-b-q skewers w/veggies and then put the extra chicken and veggies in the basket. It was all very good BUT I can not get this basket clean. It's like the black stuff wants to cling to it. I even put it in the dishwasher hoping that would work but no such luck. My guess is that I'm going to put it on the grill when its warming up and try that approach. Any suggestions?

PampMomof3 said:
We did some b-b-q skewers w/veggies and then put the extra chicken and veggies in the basket. It was all very good BUT I can not get this basket clean. It's like the black stuff wants to cling to it. I even put it in the dishwasher hoping that would work but no such luck. My guess is that I'm going to put it on the grill when its warming up and try that approach. Any suggestions?
Unfortunately I think it's just going to get darker with use and there may not be anything we can do about it. I soaked mine right away after using it, but haven't actually cleaned it yet. I wonder if barkeepers friend would work on it.:confused:

The Use and Care for the basket says it will get darker with use.I have some black bits on mine b/c of the Teriyaki Sauce. It had lots of sugar in it and sugar burns easily so I figured that was why.

I made potatoes in mine tonight...yum! I just scrubbed them (left the skins on) and cut them up...tossed in some canola oil, and House Seasoning! (House seasoning= kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder) They were yummy! Now I know to start them on a low-medium heat...they got a bit too done on the outside before they were done on the inside. But...now I will know for next time!

Last week, I did broccoli, cauliflower, and some grape tomatoes in Olive oil, salt, pepper, and a dash of white wine vinegar. Only thing I would change is to put the tomatoes in at the end for a few minutes. They were done WAY before the others were. I knew that...was just in a hurry so I dumped them all in together...silly me!

DebbieJ said:
The Use and Care for the basket says it will get darker with use.

I have some black bits on mine b/c of the Teriyaki Sauce. It had lots of sugar in it and sugar burns easily so I figured that was why.

I know! I read it but there are a TON of black bits! I can't bring it to a show with the way it is.

Jennie4PC said:
with the pineapple we had them soak in applejuice and brown sugar at least 1 hr. we did all day. Then I think my DH cooked them for 10 mins each side not sure he is always in charge of the grill while I am inside doing the rest.
OMG . . . these sound great yup gonna have to make these for sure. My youngest daughter LOVES pineapple

1. Can I use the grill basket for both meat and vegetables?

Yes, the grill basket is designed to be versatile and can be used for grilling a variety of foods including meat, vegetables, and even smaller items like shrimp or sliced fruit.

2. Do I need to oil the grill basket before using it?

It is recommended to lightly oil the grill basket before use to prevent food from sticking. You can use a cooking spray or brush on a thin layer of oil.

3. How do I clean the grill basket?

The grill basket is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned with hot soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to dry thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I use the grill basket on a charcoal grill?

Yes, the grill basket is suitable for use on both gas and charcoal grills. Just make sure to follow the specific instructions for your grill type.

5. Are there any recipes specifically designed for the grill basket?

Yes, there is a variety of recipes available on the Pampered Chef website that are specifically created for the grill basket. You can also use your own favorite recipes and adapt them to use in the grill basket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Phi_Phi_18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefMommyof3Boys