• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Bring to My Potluck BBQ?

In summary, Teresa is considering bringing a dessert to her church potluck, bake beans, and make a Creamy Mojito Torte. Others are bringing pasta salads, a trifle, or a fresh fruit salad.
babywings76
Gold Member
I can't decide what to take to my church potluck BBQ tomorrow. Dessert or a side dish? We're going to be outside for a few hours, but the food gets served in the first hour. The hotdogs and hamburgers are already being provided. What are you guys all making this weekend if you're heading out to some get-togethers?I usually try to bring some type of PC recipe. I'm making the Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars to donate for an auction that's going to be going on to raise money for the Boy Scout Camp. So I'm thinking I could just double the recipe and bring those for a dessert. In years past I've done different pasta salads only to find a million others brought similar things. Sooo, what's a little special and different?ETA: Oops, I guess I should've put this in the Lounge. :)

Bake beans in the Covered Baker!!!!

I'm going to FINALLY make the Creamy Mojito Torte for the cookout on Monday. I'm also going to see if I can steal, I mean borrow my team mates Cool & Serve Tray. Maybe make deviled eggs to put in there.

PIZZA PASTA SALAD this is our favoriteDressing (I triple this)fresh ground pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSPS. red wine vinegar
1 rounded TBSP. tomato paste
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning1 cup tomatoes diced or 1 carton grape tomatoes
1 can black olives sliced
1 bell pepper chopped
1 package sliced pepperoni (I sliced it in half)
1 pound cooked & cooled pasta I used the mini Barilla penne
20 leaves of fresh basil thinly sliced
1 pound cubed mozzarella cheeseStir all vegetables, pasta and cheese in a big bowl. Mix dressing ingredients with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour over salad, refrigerate.Enjoy!!
Teresa

GREEK SALAD
2 heads romaine lettuce1 small carton feta cheese1/2 jar pepperocini peppers1 cup kalamata olives1 small red onion slicedcapers for topping(you can add artichokes if you like I forgot them) Dressing make 2 days before serving3 cups olive oil4 cups red wine vinegar3/4 - 1 cup (I used about 1 1/4 cups) parmesan 2 1/2 TBSP garlic powder2 1/2 TBSP oregano2 1/2 TBSP basil2 TBSP pepper (I use LAwrys seasoned pepper blue lid)2 TBSP onion powder2 TBSP dijon mustard (I use a good grainy one)salt to tatsemix all dresing ingr. in blender keeps for 1 week

If everyone is bringing a pasta salad....what about the green bean and potato salad? Or as always, a trifle is easy and impressive.

What about a fresh fruit salad in the trifle bowl

Thanks for those delicious recipes!

you are welcome the pizza pasta salad is delicious

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
If everyone is bringing a pasta salad....what about the green bean and potato salad? Or as always, a trifle is easy and impressive.

Laurie, is there a recipe for this? If so, where? Thank you :)

Hi Jodi,

It's the Potato and Green Bean Salad with Fresh Pesto listed in the Spin on Salads Cookbook.

Laurie, thank you :) I've got that book but have only taken a peek once or twice. Time to drag it out for some afternoon reading :D

Good! Happy reading....let me know if you see any good ones for summer shows. :D

1. What type of dish should I bring to a Potluck BBQ?

A potluck BBQ is the perfect opportunity to bring a crowd-pleasing dish. Consider bringing a dish that can feed a large group, such as a pasta salad, fruit platter, or a hearty side dish.

2. How can I make sure my dish stays fresh during transportation?

Transporting food can be tricky, especially during hot summer months. To keep your dish fresh, use insulated containers or coolers with ice packs. You can also keep hot dishes warm by wrapping them in towels or using slow cookers.

3. Can I prepare my dish the night before?

Yes, many dishes can be prepared the night before and stored in the refrigerator. This can save you time and stress on the day of the Potluck BBQ. Just make sure to bring any necessary cooking instructions and serving utensils.

4. Should I bring a vegetarian or gluten-free option?

It's always a good idea to consider the dietary restrictions of others when bringing a dish to a potluck BBQ. If you know there will be vegetarians or individuals who are gluten-free, consider bringing a dish that caters to their needs. This shows thoughtfulness and ensures that everyone can enjoy the food.

5. How can I make my dish stand out at the Potluck BBQ?

To make your dish stand out, consider adding a unique twist to a classic recipe or using fresh, seasonal ingredients. You can also enhance the presentation of your dish by using colorful serving dishes or garnishing with herbs or other toppings. Don't forget to label your dish with a creative name or description to catch people's attention.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bexs50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • laylaleigh