• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe That Comes With Trifle Bowl?

In summary, a user is in need of the recipe for a cappuccino mousse trifle for an upcoming show. The recipe can be found under the Product Use & Care section of CC, specifically under the Trifle Bowl. The recipe calls for frozen prepared pound cake, instant coffee granules, vanilla instant pudding and pie filling, frozen whipped topping, semi-sweet chocolate, and ground cinnamon. The directions involve layering the cake, pudding, and chocolate in a trifle bowl and garnishing with whipped topping and grated chocolate. The recipe serves 10 and has 440 calories per serving. The user also shares a tip about using instant coffee instead of regular coffee for the best results.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Does anyone have the recipe that comes with the trifle bowl typed out or would someone be willing to type it out for me? I have a show on Sunday and I offered that trifle and now can't find the recipe anywhere to give the host the shopping list or even to just know what I"M doing. I have to get back to her Wednesday night and I'm starting to panic! Between showing the house, going back and forth between offers, a busy time at my day job, trying to finish my newsletter AND my taxes I'm losing my mind!! :eek: and obviously losing my recipes too!! :D :eek:

Thanks sooooo much in advance to anyone who can help.

You can find it under the Product Use & Care section of CC. Look up the Trifle Bowl, then click the little "Recipes" button on the top right.Just in case, I copied and pasted:Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
Ingredients:
1 (16-oz) frozen prepared pound cake (or 2 frozen prepared pound cakes, 298 g each)
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) cold milk
1/3 cup (75 mL) instant coffee granules
2 pkgs (3.4 oz/102 g each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
2 containers (8 oz each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (6 cups/1.5 L)
1 square (1 oz/30 g) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamonDirections: 1. Cut pound cake into 1-in. (2.5 cm) cubes; set aside. Whisk together milk and instant coffee granules; let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved. Set aside 1 cup (250 mL) of the milk mixture. Add pudding mixes to remaining milk mixture; whisk until pudding mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in half of the whipped topping.
2. To assemble trifle, place half of the cake cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl, pressing down gently. Pour half of the reserved milk mixture evenly over cake cubes. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Grate one-third of the chocolate over pudding mixture. Repeat layers one time. (Reserve remaining chocolate for garnish.)
3. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) of the remaining whipped topping for garnish. Spread remaining whipped topping over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface. Pipe rosettes around edge of dessert with reserved whipped topping. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Yield: 10 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

FYI... Make sure that the host gets instant coffee -- my host from last weekend thought that regular coffee would work... and I guess it did, but it didn't look the same, nor did it mix well and was very, very strong coffee tasting... otherwise this was one of the best recipes I have done at a show ever! Will definitely be making this a regular offering this summer... no baking and very little prep work!

I think if they didn't get instant coffee, you'd have to brew the coffee, get it cold, and just use part of it instead of milk for the pudding. Would that work?

Hi there! I would be more than happy to type out the recipe for you. I understand how stressful it can be to have a busy schedule and misplace important recipes. Here is the recipe for the trifle bowl:Ingredients:
- 1 package of brownie mix (prepared according to package instructions)
- 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix (prepared according to package instructions)
- 1 cup of cold milk
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chipsInstructions:
1. Prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions and let it cool.
2. In a separate bowl, prepare the chocolate pudding mix with 1 cup of cold milk. Let it set in the fridge for 5 minutes.
3. In your trifle bowl, layer half of the brownie pieces at the bottom.
4. Next, add half of the chocolate pudding on top of the brownies.
5. Then, add half of the Cool Whip on top of the pudding.
6. Repeat the layers with the remaining brownies, pudding, and Cool Whip.
7. Top with sliced strawberries and chocolate chips.
8. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.I hope this helps and good luck with your show on Sunday! Remember to take a deep breath and everything will work out. Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking! :)

1. What is a trifle bowl?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl that is used to create and serve layered desserts such as trifles. It typically has a wide opening and straight sides, making it perfect for displaying the layers of a dessert.

2. Can I use any recipe in a trifle bowl?

Yes, you can use any recipe that is suitable for a layered dessert in a trifle bowl. However, it is important to make sure that the ingredients and textures will hold up well in a glass bowl and can be easily layered.

3. Do I have to use a specific size trifle bowl for the recipe?

No, the size of the trifle bowl can vary depending on the recipe and the number of servings you want to make. However, it is recommended to use a bowl that is at least 8 inches in diameter and 5 inches deep to create a visually appealing dessert.

4. How do I layer the ingredients in a trifle bowl?

The best way to layer ingredients in a trifle bowl is to start with a layer of cake or cookies at the bottom, followed by a layer of pudding or custard, then a layer of fruit or other toppings, and repeat until the bowl is filled. Make sure to press down gently on each layer to keep the layers even and compact.

5. Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble it no more than a day in advance to ensure that the ingredients stay fresh. You can also prepare the individual components of the trifle, such as the cake and pudding, ahead of time and assemble them just before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • cmdtrgd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Kitchen Diva