• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

F UP YOUR CULINARY KNOW-HOW: Hosting a Recipe Tasting Party

In summary, the call was about hosting your own recipe tasting and the National Executive Directors are providing training to help everyone. They will be having recorded calls on a variety of subjects - emails will be sent out later with the phone #'s for each of the recorded calls. There are topics and dates for recorded calls that have not been revealed yet.
beepampered
There was a call by a national executive director about hosting your own recipe tasting I listened too. I'm thinking about trying one but thought I would get you Cheffers advice, sample invites, recipe suggestions, time/day that's best. Thanks for your thoughts....BEE

Bee- Was this a call that was recorded by chance? I would be really interested in listening to it, this sounds like a great idea, especially for a new season... I'm wondering if it's located on the website or if anyone has the recording?

Here's the email that I got. I listened to the recording.Directors Call - "Beat your Best" Team Effort
Wednesday, September 2nd at 9:00pm EST
Dial In Number: (712) 775-7200
Access Code: 598750#

Play Back Number: (712) 775-7299
If the recording works:)

The call will be about 20 minutes but for those that would like to stay on a little longer, Lydia Martin did some incredible training last weekend at fast track. I will be sharing her tips and ideas on this call. I will send out her flyers after the call.

The National Executive Directors decided to help everyone with this promotion. They will be having recorded calls on a variety of subjects - emails will be sent out later with the phone #'s for each of the recorded calls. Below is a list of the topics and dates the Nationals will be sharing to help you and your team "Beat your Best"!
“Beat Your Best” Challenge Conference Call Training
provided by the National Executive Directors of The Pampered ChefSept. 8 Becky Ishee Intro to Beat Your Best
Sept. 9 Beth Jacobs Booths &Fairs
Sept. 10 Nancy Jo Ryan Fundraisers
ept. 14 Robin Shilling Power of Consistency
Sept. 15 Sherri Carr Host a Recipe Tasting Show
Sept. 16 Randy Weiss Recruiting Outside the Show
Sept. 17 Darla Oelmann Be Smart Like an Ant...Prepare
Sept. 29 Susan Kaufman Clear Focus at Cooking ShowOct. 1 Barbara Duke Your Host is Your Best Lead
Oct. 5 or 6 To Be Announced
Oct. 7 Stacy Pressman It’s all in the Follow-Up
Oct. 13 Patsy McGovern Booking your shows "close in"
Oct. 15 Patti Mocerino Ending the Year with a Bang
Adding Shows to your Calendar
Oct. 20 Diane Engle Theme Shows
Oct. 21 or 22 To Be Announced

Call #1: Becky Ishee, Intro to Beat Your Best
Call-in number: (218) 844-051, access code: 481662#

Call #2: Beth Jacobs, Booths &Fairs: "Fair Thee Well with Events All Year!"
Call-in number: (402) 426-6969, access code: 87108423#

Call #3: Sherri Carr, "Planning a Successful Recipe Tasting Event"
Call-in number: (402) 426-6969, access code: 46763443#

Call #1: Becky Ishee, Intro to Beat Your Best
Call-in number: (218) 844-0951, access code: 481662#

beepampered said:
Here's the email that I got. I listened to the recording.

Directors Call - "Beat your Best" Team Effort
Wednesday, September 2nd at 9:00pm EST
Dial In Number: (712) 775-7200

Play Back Number: (712) 775-7299
If the recording works:)

The call will be about 20 minutes but for those that would like to stay on a little longer, Lydia Martin did some incredible training last weekend at fast track. I will be sharing her tips and ideas on this call. I will send out her flyers after the call.

The National Executive Directors decided to help everyone with this promotion. They will be having recorded calls on a variety of subjects - emails will be sent out later with the phone #'s for each of the recorded calls. Below is a list of the topics and dates the Nationals will be sharing to help you and your team "Beat your Best"!
“Beat Your Best” Challenge Conference Call Training
provided by the National Executive Directors of The Pampered Chef

Sept. 8 Becky Ishee Intro to Beat Your Best
Sept. 9 Beth Jacobs Booths &Fairs
Sept. 10 Nancy Jo Ryan Fundraisers
ept. 14 Robin Shilling Power of Consistency
Sept. 15 Sherri Carr Host a Recipe Tasting Show
Sept. 16 Randy Weiss Recruiting Outside the Show
Sept. 17 Darla Oelmann Be Smart Like an Ant...Prepare
Sept. 29 Susan Kaufman Clear Focus at Cooking Show

Oct. 1 Barbara Duke Your Host is Your Best Lead
Oct. 5 or 6 To Be Announced
Oct. 7 Stacy Pressman It’s all in the Follow-Up
Oct. 13 Patsy McGovern Booking your shows "close in"
Oct. 15 Patti Mocerino Ending the Year with a Bang
Adding Shows to your Calendar
Oct. 20 Diane Engle Theme Shows
Oct. 21 or 22 To Be Announced

Think I got this one too, guess I overlooked it... thank you!

I'm doing a Fall Cooking Show on Monday. Oringinally it was to be tonight, but I forgot that there is a H-U-G-E parade (tonight) just over a mile away that would make driving to my home impossible. So, I made the smart move and changed the date. If I look stupid to some then so what? I'm a swamped mom with 2 kids like a lot of my customers. They can relate or ask to be taken off my list:)

I used the New Product template from the website. Changed the subject line to:

Oops! New Date For Fall Cooking Show is Monday, 9/21 7:00 Read Middle for Details

In the area where we can personalize the email I wrote the following using HTML to make it less boring:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oops! I forgot about the Gaslight Festival Parade this Thursday. If you were planning on stopping by then getting here would have been a nightmare! So, I double checked that nothing huge was going on and will be having my Fall Cooking Show on Monday, Sept 21st at 7:00!

We'll be making a delicious New Orleans-Style Chicken & Sausage Gumbo that comes together in less than 30 minutes AND is less than $2 a serving!

I'll have all sorts of new recipes ready for you to taste and vote on to see if they will be part of my Fall show offerings. And, yes, those delicious Low fat Chocolate Raspberry Martinis are part of the line up! I even have a non-alcoholic version that we'll be trying!

As always there will be a white elephant table with gently used retired items at half priced or less!

And Great Door Prizes that include the show benefits and new Products!! Earn tickets by: RSVPing, arriving on time, bringing a friend, bringing an order, 1 for every $20 spent, 5 tickets for booking a September or October Show, 5 tickets for learning more about the business and 5 more tickets if you become a consultant!

Can't come? But want in on the Door Prizes and Stoneware and Metal Bakeware sale! Go to my website by Monday by 8:00pm. Click on the lower left photo that says Order Online then enter host name as Elaine Ballard - to qualify for the drawing your order must be placed as a guest under my name. Don't forget to check the boxes about booking a show or becoming a consultant to earn more tickets. I will call everyone that places an order to verify your order and to double check shipping.

If you are a BIG Winner I'll be calling you no later than 9:00pm Monday. So, Dream Big!

I LOVE MY JOB!! I know you will Love the New Fall Products, the New Recipes and the New Entertaining Ideas! The Door Prizes are my way of thanking you for letting me into your home. Now, it's your turn to enjoy my hospitality!

Please RSVP so I can plan accordingly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly, I have had more positive responses with this type of "Taste Testing Cooking Show" than any "Open House" or fundraiser show.

Are guests coming because they like being a deciding factor of what I will be making? Are they coming for the White Elephant table? If so, why now? I always offer that. Are they coming for the host benefits and Doorprizes? I'm offering less Freebies than usual. Hmmm... Maybe because it doesn't look like I'm screaming "I'm desparate, Help!"

I plan on making a minimum of 20 invitation calls a day until Monday, sending a second "It's around the corner" email tomorrow morning and a "Today's the day! It's not to late to RSVP!" email on Monday morning.

Other than the above recipes I plan on adding only 3 or 4 more dishes. I also plan on asking guests to look through all of the new cookbooks and recipe cards and choose what they wish I had made. Saying that I'm considering doing a "Preferred Customer Show" once a month where we focus on what they want to taste and be the first to experiment with optional recipes or products that I think are appropriate for the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the last 10 years this is the first time that I've been excited about having a show in my home because it's not a 4 hour ordeal. 2 hours max. 1 demo'd recipe. And the door prizes are not going to cost me anything since they are items I earned free or what the show will generate free. I figured the retired items that I sell will cover the cost of food and drinks.

I hope that helps answer your questions about Taste Testing shows...I'll let you know how it ends up.

Thanks Elaine that does encourage me. My annual Open House has always been not well attended so I know I need to change something. I've always have $400-$500 in sales so that's not the issue but I actually want to see people.....

Chefgirl2 said:
I'm doing a Fall Cooking Show on Monday. Oringinally it was to be tonight, but I forgot that there is a H-U-G-E parade (tonight) just over a mile away that would make driving to my home impossible. So, I made the smart move and changed the date. If I look stupid to some then so what? I'm a swamped mom with 2 kids like a lot of my customers. They can relate or ask to be taken off my list:)

I used the New Product template from the website. Changed the subject line to:

Oops! New Date For Fall Cooking Show is Monday, 9/21 7:00 Read Middle for Details

In the area where we can personalize the email I wrote the following using HTML to make it less boring:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oops! I forgot about the Gaslight Festival Parade this Thursday. If you were planning on stopping by then getting here would have been a nightmare! So, I double checked that nothing huge was going on and will be having my Fall Cooking Show on Monday, Sept 21st at 7:00!

We'll be making a delicious New Orleans-Style Chicken & Sausage Gumbo that comes together in less than 30 minutes AND is less than $2 a serving!

I'll have all sorts of new recipes ready for you to taste and vote on to see if they will be part of my Fall show offerings. And, yes, those delicious Low fat Chocolate Raspberry Martinis are part of the line up! I even have a non-alcoholic version that we'll be trying!

As always there will be a white elephant table with gently used retired items at half priced or less!

And Great Door Prizes that include the show benefits and new Products!! Earn tickets by: RSVPing, arriving on time, bringing a friend, bringing an order, 1 for every $20 spent, 5 tickets for booking a September or October Show, 5 tickets for learning more about the business and 5 more tickets if you become a consultant!

Can't come? But want in on the Door Prizes and Stoneware and Metal Bakeware sale! Go to my website by Monday by 8:00pm. Click on the lower left photo that says Order Online then enter host name as Elaine Ballard - to qualify for the drawing your order must be placed as a guest under my name. Don't forget to check the boxes about booking a show or becoming a consultant to earn more tickets. I will call everyone that places an order to verify your order and to double check shipping.

If you are a BIG Winner I'll be calling you no later than 9:00pm Monday. So, Dream Big!

I LOVE MY JOB!! I know you will Love the New Fall Products, the New Recipes and the New Entertaining Ideas! The Door Prizes are my way of thanking you for letting me into your home. Now, it's your turn to enjoy my hospitality!

Please RSVP so I can plan accordingly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly, I have had more positive responses with this type of "Taste Testing Cooking Show" than any "Open House" or fundraiser show.

Are guests coming because they like being a deciding factor of what I will be making? Are they coming for the White Elephant table? If so, why now? I always offer that. Are they coming for the host benefits and Doorprizes? I'm offering less Freebies than usual. Hmmm... Maybe because it doesn't look like I'm screaming "I'm desparate, Help!"

I plan on making a minimum of 20 invitation calls a day until Monday, sending a second "It's around the corner" email tomorrow morning and a "Today's the day! It's not to late to RSVP!" email on Monday morning.

Other than the above recipes I plan on adding only 3 or 4 more dishes. I also plan on asking guests to look through all of the new cookbooks and recipe cards and choose what they wish I had made. Saying that I'm considering doing a "Preferred Customer Show" once a month where we focus on what they want to taste and be the first to experiment with optional recipes or products that I think are appropriate for the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the last 10 years this is the first time that I've been excited about having a show in my home because it's not a 4 hour ordeal. 2 hours max. 1 demo'd recipe. And the door prizes are not going to cost me anything since they are items I earned free or what the show will generate free. I figured the retired items that I sell will cover the cost of food and drinks.

I hope that helps answer your questions about Taste Testing shows...I'll let you know how it ends up.

That is EXACTLY What I keep saying! I did an Open House a couple of times, and they were a complete failure. When I switched to doing this type of show (I've been doing a similar type for 5 years) I started getting a huge response! It's so big now that I only invite past hosts, a few preferred customers, and their guests. It's so much FUN! It's fun for me, because I get to reconnect in person with a lot of my hosts, and many of them come in groups, and bring friends who haven't hosted, and I always have great sales and even better bookings - everyone always walks away with a gift from me (this year, it was the new SB, the new recipe cards, a couple sample bags of seasonings, a quik kut, a twixit, and a pan scraper....and they all loved their goodie bags!)

Make it about the customer! That's what I do when I do this type of show. I let them know on the invitation that this is my opportunity to pamper them and say thank-you!

Can you post a copy of your invitation? How many do you invite and how do you follow up? I started working on my list from host/preferred customers and recruit leads. There are more than 200 so I have to pare it down. What recipes will you make this year? Do you do it every season or just once a year? Thanks.

beepampered said:
Can you post a copy of your invitation? How many do you invite and how do you follow up? I started working on my list from host/preferred customers and recruit leads. There are more than 200 so I have to pare it down. What recipes will you make this year? Do you do it every season or just once a year? Thanks.

My invitation that I did this year was a postcard that I made on Vista Print...I've already posted it on a different thread - I'll have to see if I can find it, since I don't remember which one. I mailed out most of those with a mini catalog - and then sent some evites (using E-vites website) to some others too. So around 100 people invited. 3 of my bookings were from people who couldn't come, but still wanted to book a Fall Show.

I do this once a year, for the Fall Season Kick-Off.

This was the Survey Form I used this year, with the recipes we made, and a few other questions on it....

Attachments

• Show Survey-1-1.doc
    14 KB · Views: 358
]I'd like to see Becky's invitation, too.

I found my draft for my notice.
On the top area I put
<b><font color = Red>Hi ${contact.firstName},

And Great Door Prizes that include the show benefits and new Products!! Earn tickets by: RSVPing, arriving on time, bringing a friend, bringing an order, 1 for every $20 spent, 5 tickets for booking a September or October Show, 5 tickets for learning more about the business and 5 more tickets if you become a consultant!</font color></B>

On the lower area I put:
<u>Can't come?</u> But want in on the Door Prizes and Stoneware and Metal Bakeware sale! Go to my website by Monday at 8:00pm. Click on the lower left photo that says Order Online then enter host name as Elaine Ballard <B>to qualify for the drawing your order must be placed as a guest under my name. Don't forget to check the boxes about booking a show or becoming a consultant to earn more tickets.</b> I will call everyone that places an order to verify your order and to double check shipping.

Please RSVP as soon as possible so I can plan accordingly.

If you use HTML it uses a lot of space causing you to get frustrated when words start deleting. Then is highlighted because I originally didn't have it in and didn't want you getting mad wondering what you did wrong. Just play with your words and they'll work. I also change my signature info to keep it simple. I also don't send out my address...because I don't want random people showing up. If you don't RSVP then you can't reap the rewards...and it's also to my family safe.

I have planned my Recipe Tasting for the 26th of October. I have 3 recipes I am planning on doing. Is that enough??? Do you have an outline of how you do your Recipe Tasting/Open House?? Thanks

This sounds like a great idea! I dotn have a whole lot of stock built up and didnt even receive any fall products to display so I'll have to borrow some. So what suggestions do you have for door prizes? Should I start buying some things now?

CAPCnewbie said:
This sounds like a great idea! I dotn have a whole lot of stock built up and didnt even receive any fall products to display so I'll have to borrow some. So what suggestions do you have for door prizes? Should I start buying some things now?

I didn't do door prizes this year - just let them know they'd all get a goodie bag (see my post above). The goodie bags were relatively inexpensive, and all stuff from supply. Everyone was happy with them.

Code:
I didn't do door prizes this year - just let them know they'd all get a goodie bag (see my post above). The goodie bags were relatively inexpensive, and all stuff from supply. Everyone was happy with them.

ah gotcha. good idea. I assume you needed to have everyone rsvp so you knew how many to make. you put the same items in each bag?

CAPCnewbie said:
Code:
I did have them RSVP. It's not an Open House - I called it a Fall Preview Extravaganza. I had all the food made ahead, other than the Dump Cake, and that was a very short demo, just to show them how quickly they could make it themselves! Then, we went over new products, and host specials for the Fall season. I was focusing on Nov/Dec.....I made a few extra goodie bags, but it was all stuff I can use at my shows as door prizes, so it wasn't a biggie to have few left over.

I want to say so much in an invite that I'm going all over the place. The day I chose just happens to be my 4th anniversary so I thought I'd throw that in as well. Thoughts on this invite would be appreciated. I'm excited and actually have too many people to invite. I'm mailing out these with a mini to my top tier group and if I get no response, I email my second tier an invite. Then, I'll follow up with a call....Thanks for helping me be motivated to kick start my fall (just can't do the phone lately).....

Attachments

• Invite2009.doc
    36 KB · Views: 370

1. What is a recipe tasting party?

A recipe tasting party is a fun and interactive event where guests can try out new recipes and products from Pampered Chef. It's a great way to sample delicious food, learn new cooking techniques, and socialize with friends and family.

2. How do I host a recipe tasting party?

Hosting a recipe tasting party is easy and fun! Simply invite your friends and family, choose some recipes to make, and provide a space for everyone to gather and cook together. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can also provide guidance and support to make your party a success.

3. What types of recipes can I expect at a recipe tasting party?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for every occasion, from appetizers and snacks to main courses and desserts. You can expect to sample a range of delicious dishes, including some made with Pampered Chef products, to showcase their versatility and quality.

4. Do I need to purchase anything at a recipe tasting party?

There is no pressure to make purchases at a recipe tasting party. The main focus is on having a good time and trying out new recipes. However, if you do find products that you love, you are welcome to make a purchase. As a host, you may also earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

5. Can I host a recipe tasting party if I am not a confident cook?

Absolutely! The purpose of a recipe tasting party is to have fun and try new things. You don't need to be an expert cook to host a successful party. I will provide support and guidance throughout the event and help you and your guests feel comfortable in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• workingmaof3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
carmom420
  • Admin Greg