• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Search #2 - Salsa: Apples, Caramel?, Craisins?

In summary, the lady was looking for a salsa that had apples in it and maybe caramel or craisins. She mentioned that she had made the cinnamon tortilla chips, so I think she might have been looking for the Apple Berry Salsa or Harvest Apple Salsa. But the consultant thought she might have been missing an oldie but goodie and checked to see if she was missing an old recipe called the Caramel Apple Dessert Duo. It didn't have caramel or craisins in it, but it did have apple jelly.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok, one other recipe a lady was searching for. She said it was a salsa and that she knew it had apples in it. But she also thought it had Caramel Sauce (?) and maybe Craisins. I haven't been able to find anything remotely like that.She had mentioned that she had made the cinnamon tortilla chips, so I was thinking it was the Apple Berry Salsa or Harvest Apple Salsa? But I thought I'd check to see if I was missing an oldie but goodie.Thanks!

Apple Berry Salsa doesn't have caramel or craisins in it. It does have apple jelly. Haven't tried the other one.

It could be that the consultant added craisins to the recipe for some reason.

Pampered Chef ® Caramel Apple Dessert Duo Recipe

Dip
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping

Salsa
1 medium Granny Smith apple
1 medium red apple
1 lemon
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
Sweet & Crispy Tortilla Chips or apple wedges

For dip, place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened. Whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add peanut butter and ice cream topping; whisk until smooth.

For salsa, core and slice apples, leaving peels on, using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Coarsely chop apple slices using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Finely zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1/2 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 1 teaspoon juice. Add lemon zest, juice, cranberries, ice cream topping and cinnamon to batter bowl; mix well. To serve, spoon dip and salsa into Simple Additions® Small Bowls; place in Small Bowl Caddy. Serve with Sweet & Crispy Tortilla Chips or apple wedges, if desired.

Yield: 1 3/4 cups dip (12 servings) 2 1/2 cups salsa (12 servings)
Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons dip): Calories 160, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 130 mg, Fiber 0 g

(Light) Nutrients per serving (3 tablespoons salsa): Calories 50, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

That's it! Thank you! ;)

What ingredients are needed to make this salsa?

To make this salsa, you will need apples, caramel, and Craisins. You may also want to gather some additional ingredients such as lime juice, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.

Can I substitute the apples with another fruit?

Yes, you can substitute the apples with another fruit such as peaches or pears. Just make sure to adjust the other ingredients accordingly to maintain the balance of flavors.

How do I make the caramel for this salsa?

The recipe calls for store-bought caramel sauce, but if you prefer to make your own, you can combine equal parts of sugar and water in a saucepan and cook until golden brown. Remove from heat and slowly stir in heavy cream until smooth.

Is this salsa spicy?

This salsa has a mild level of heat due to the jalapeno. If you prefer a spicier salsa, you can add more jalapeno or include some of the seeds. If you want a milder salsa, you can omit the jalapeno altogether.

What are some serving suggestions for this salsa?

This salsa can be served as a dip with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, grilled chicken or fish, or even on top of a salad. Get creative and use it as a flavorful addition to your favorite dishes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • chefshawna
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • SusanBP0129