• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Food Fest Reviews: My Tasting Experience

In summary, the Volume II of the 29 minutes to dinner was not impressive. Many of the dishes did not appeal to me and was disappointed that some of the ingredients were not included.
DebPC
Staff member
Last night we had our twice a year Food Fest- where everyone brings a new recipe.
My personal tasting reviews-
Chicken Penne Al Fresco- ok- not real memorable with all the other dishes there
Mexican Chicken Lasagna- Very good, a fav of some
California Club Pizza- Good- the maker said was very easy and a good show recipe.
Orecciette with Spinach,Sausage and Tomatoes- Very good. The maker loves to make it at shows and has been selling cookware.
Choc. Banana Cream Trifle- Very good- but Ganache became kind of big choclate chunks when chilled and mixed.
Chocolate Velvet Cake w/Strawberries-Looked awesome and tasted very good.I personally would bring cake made and finish during demo.
Choc. Caramel Pecan Cakes- not impressed- crumbled when trying to cut them in half for serving.Taste got lost with all the other great desserts.
Decadent Dulce De Leche Tart- Very good- pie crust made a great crust.
Lemony Ginertinis- Delicious- but couldn't taste any ginger. these were made without the sorbet.
That's all I can remember for now.

We had three recipes at our meeting last night
Chicken Penne--good, but not WOW. Easy show recipe, good "go-to" dinner (especially if you sub in a dry seasoning instead of the fresh basil)
CA Club Pizza--YUMYUM YUM, maker said it was a good show recipe
Jalapeno Popper Pizzas--these were pretty good (they are probably better when warm--she drove a distance and they were kinda room temp when we ate them) and maker said they'd be good for a show

For our meeting Monday, I made the cheesy chicken chilaquiles (sp?) which was awesome!! I will probably make it for dinner tomorrow. The Mexican lasagna was good.. Actually they were all good!! I loved that banana choc trifle. I haven't made anything else yet because cooking really doesn't work too well for me. BUT I can say that you can tell everyone the chilaquiles are so easy, you can make them with ONE hand!! I did. :D

DebbieJ said:
We had three recipes at our meeting last night
Chicken Penne--good, but not WOW. Easy show recipe, good "go-to" dinner (especially if you sub in a dry seasoning instead of the fresh basil)
CA Club Pizza--YUMYUM YUM, maker said it was a good show recipe
Jalapeno Popper Pizzas--these were pretty good (they are probably better when warm--she drove a distance and they were kinda room temp when we ate them) and maker said they'd be good for a show

I agree! I followed the cooks tip to remove seeds/veins for less heat. Would recommend that for the hosts that are afraid they will be too hot. Even my kids ate them this way.:D

pamperedbecky said:
For our meeting Monday, I made the cheesy chicken chilaquiles (sp?) which was awesome!!

I love this recipe! I made it for a show and everyone there loved it too. I made it for our meeting Monday and everyone there loved it too! I think I'll make this at my March shows - I need a break from chicken fajitas :D I served it with guacamole - yum!

Okay for the Chilaquiles....this recipe calls for Chihuahua Cheese. I am not able to find that type of cheese.
Would Queso Blanco or Queso Fresco be a suitable substitute???

SusanBP0129 said:
Okay for the Chilaquiles....this recipe calls for Chihuahua Cheese. I am not able to find that type of cheese.
Would Queso Blanco or Queso Fresco be a suitable substitute???

I googled it since I had never heard of it. Google and the cookbook both say to use Monterey Jack or a mild Cheddar - I bet cheddar/jack blend would be good too.

I used Monterey Jack both times that I made it

Here Chihuahua Cheese is more expensive and is much harder to find. so substituting would be cheaper and make it easier on the host to find.

I have tried the following:
Chicken Penne...I loved it and it was a hit here at home
Tropical Torte w/ Fresh P/A....LOVE it and it looks just like the picture. We did this at a meeting and it was a huge hit.
Choc. Pecan Cake...when not over cooked they were good. I would recommend serving with vanilla ice cream, however.
Steamed Won Ton Purses....we loved them here at home. Easy to make and shows off the steamer. I fell in love with the steamer.
Jalapino Popper...excellent. I left most of the membranes on so it was hot for me but the flavors were great.
California Pizza...the avocado was too far gone by the time I got to it but even without that and the lemon juice...it was very tasty.
Moracaan Humus...Blahck. My boyfriend liked them but I call him Mikie...he'll eat anything!

I received my samples yesterday and was not impressed with the Volume II of the 29 minutes to dinner. Many of the dishes did not appeal to me and was disappointed that some of the ingredients were not ones readily available here in the sticks!!!:D I still will try them and hopefully (well, not the fish), I will be pleasantly suprized!

Great reviews! Thanks a bunch! I say it often but I never knew how to spell blahck before:)

Happy Chef said:
Great reviews! Thanks a bunch! I say it often but I never knew how to spell blahck before:)

I typed, re-read and finally, it phonically sounded just like I did when I ate one!!! You have to understand...this is an extremely healthy treat and I have been on a sugar rampage lately!!! So in a slimmer life, I just may like this!!

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco - I've gotta say that this is my favorite demo right now. One because it showcase my favorite product. 2 is it is so easy. I'll agree that it may not have the WOW factor that some of our recipes have, but my guests are LOVING it. I'm selling DCB's like crazy again (or booking shows because of it).

And they are loving that this is something they can do with leftover chicken. Very budget friendly too - once you have the wine and block of cheese.
At my shows I add a little extra cheese or better yet have guests add their own to their servings.....

1. What is Food Fest Reviews?

Food Fest Reviews is a popular event hosted by Pampered Chef where customers and consultants can come together to taste and review new and popular products.

2. How do I attend a Food Fest Review event?

You can attend a Food Fest Review event by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or checking the events section on our website. You can also host your own Food Fest Review event and invite friends and family.

3. Is there a cost to attend a Food Fest Review event?

No, there is no cost to attend a Food Fest Review event. It is a free event for customers and consultants to sample and review products.

4. Can I purchase products at a Food Fest Review event?

Yes, you can purchase products at a Food Fest Review event. Our consultants will have products available for purchase or you can place an order through our website.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts at Food Fest Review events?

Yes, there are often special promotions and discounts available at Food Fest Review events. These can vary by event, so be sure to check with your consultant or the event details for any current promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pamperedlinda