• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Review: Shrimp À La Diabla

In summary, the recipe is delicious and beautiful on the plate. It is spicy, so if you like spicy food, you will love it.
leftymac
This is from the first volume of Sabor Latino, and I decided to make it tonight.

Time to prepare: 25 minutes
Cost: ~$20
Ease of preparation: 4/5

I purchased easy peel shrimp so that I would not have to do the deveining myself. I put the rice in the Rice Cooker Plus and immediately set to work on peeling the shrimp, which took about 10 minutes. This step is what caused me to give it a 4/5 on ease because some people may think it's a pain. I had no problems with it though. While that was done, I spent another 5 minutes or so chopping the onion and putting the chiles in the blender.

Overall, this recipe is delicious and is beautiful on the plate. One word of caution though -- the spice is EXTREME. I'm eating as I'm typing this and my eyes are watering, my nose is running, and my lips are throbbing. :)

The recipe calls for 30 dried chiles de arbol, but I think the next time I make it (and I will), I will halve that amount. If you like spicy food, you should love this!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 408
I get so excited when I see you post a review...because I know there will be a picture with it!:love::chef:

thanks for the "review". I don't get to cook anymore...except at parties...because we are so busy with the restaurant we just eat there. However, we are about to downsize a little. While we will still have a restaurant the hours and location is changing and I am so excited about getting to cook real food again. My son loves to order Shrimp Diabla at the Mexican restaurant we take him to for a treat. He will be so excited that we can make it at home...lol

ChefBeckyD said:
I get so excited when I see you post a review...because I know there will be a picture with it!:love::chef:

Thanks Becky!! You know on my facebook I have a whole album of food pictures. :)

leftymac said:
Thanks Becky!! You know on my facebook I have a whole album of food pictures. :)
Hey - I need to friend you! I'm going to find you....Okay, Keith - I just friended you...

I used to visit the message board for my area on Chowhound.com pretty regularly and one guy would ALWAYS post pics with his restaurant reviews. It was amazing. I can't imagine sitting in a restaurant taking all those pics, but I certainly enjoyed them!

Hi,

Can anyone share the Shrimp a La Diabla recipe with me? I need a copy. Thanks.

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your review of the Shrimp À La Diabla recipe from Sabor Latino. I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it to be both delicious and visually appealing. I agree, peeling and deveining shrimp can be a bit time-consuming, but it's definitely worth it for a tasty dish like this. And thanks for the tip about reducing the amount of chiles if you prefer a milder spice level. That's one of the great things about cooking at home, you can customize recipes to your liking. Happy cooking and thank you for choosing Pampered Chef!

1. What is the difficulty level of this recipe?

This recipe is considered to be moderate in difficulty. It involves some basic cooking techniques such as sautéing and simmering, but also requires some attention to detail to ensure the shrimp is cooked properly and the sauce is well balanced.

2. Can I substitute the shrimp with another protein?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the shrimp with another protein such as chicken, tofu, or even a mix of vegetables. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the protein is fully cooked. You may also need to adjust the amount of sauce and seasonings to your liking.

3. Is this recipe spicy?

The level of spiciness in this recipe can be adjusted based on personal preference. The original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, but you can reduce or increase the amount to your desired level of heat. You can also use a milder hot sauce or add some sugar to balance out the spice.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

While this recipe is best served fresh, you can definitely make it ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. The shrimp may become slightly overcooked if reheated for too long, so it's best to reheat on low heat and only until heated through.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 4 servings. If you need to serve more people, you can easily double or triple the recipe as needed. Just make sure to use a large enough pan or cook the shrimp in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan and uneven cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies