• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Old Pampered Chef Recipe: Rainbow Cole Slaw

In summary, the conversation is about a customer looking for a raw food recipe called Rainbow Cole Slaw from an old "outdoor" cookbook. Another person suggests two potential recipes from the "Outdoor Grilling" cookbook: Rainbow Slaw with Honey Lime Dressing and Rainbow Slaw with Cilantro Lime Dressing. They offer to help further if needed.
Ann F
Gold Member
A customer who has recently started eating only raw foods has asked if I can find an old PC recipe called Rainbow Cole Slaw. She thinks it's from an old "outdoor" cookbook. (She's a former consultant.) Can anyone help?

Thanks.

There's one in Casual Cooking that's called Calico Coleslaw. Could that be the one your looking for?

Here you go!Calico Coleslaw
(Casual Cooking...pg 36)

Dressing
1 orange
14 cup rice vinegar
1 1/2 Tbls vegetable oil
2 Tbls honey
2 Tbls snipped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp salt

Slaw
1/2 head red cabbage, cored and shredded (2 cups)
2 large carrots, cut into julienne strips (1 cup)
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 cup)
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 cup)
2 green onions, tops only, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)

1. For dressing, zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice orange with Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Place zest, juice, vinegar, oil, honey, cilantro and salt in Measure, Mix, & Pour. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

2. For slaw, cut cabbage half into 2 equal portions. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, carefully slice cabbage into thin shreds. Peel carrots and cut into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Cut bell peppers into thin strips using Chef's Knife. Cut off white parts of green onions and reserve for another use. Slice green onion tops into thin, short strips. Place vegetables in large Colander Bowl.

3. When ready to serve, pour dressing over slaw; toss using 3-Way Tongs. Serve immediately.

Makes 8 servings.

Thanks so much, Jodi!

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would be happy to help you find the Rainbow Cole Slaw recipe. I did a quick search in our recipe database and found a few potential options. One is called Rainbow Slaw with Honey Lime Dressing, which uses raw vegetables and a homemade dressing. Another is called Rainbow Slaw with Cilantro Lime Dressing, which also includes raw veggies and a homemade dressing. Both of these recipes are from our "Outdoor Grilling" cookbook. I hope one of these is the recipe your customer is looking for. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Happy cooking!

What is the recipe for Rainbow Cole Slaw?

The recipe for Rainbow Cole Slaw can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the "Looking for Old Pampered Chef Recipe" section of our website. It is a delicious and colorful blend of cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and a tangy dressing.

What ingredients do I need to make Rainbow Cole Slaw?

The ingredients you will need for Rainbow Cole Slaw include shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, diced bell peppers, diced red onion, cider vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.

How do I make Rainbow Cole Slaw?

To make Rainbow Cole Slaw, start by shredding the cabbage and carrots and dicing the bell peppers and red onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the cider vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld.

Can I make Rainbow Cole Slaw ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Rainbow Cole Slaw ahead of time. In fact, it is recommended to refrigerate the slaw for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop. You can also make it a day or two in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Can I customize the recipe for Rainbow Cole Slaw?

Yes, you can customize the recipe for Rainbow Cole Slaw to your liking. Some suggestions include adding shredded purple cabbage or substituting different types of bell peppers. You can also adjust the amount of sugar and vinegar in the dressing to suit your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chesse
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • esavvymom