• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes Wanted: "Outrageous Orange Summer Simmer

SallieIn summary, the conversation was about a request for the recipe for "Outrageous Orange Summer Simmer" from the Casual Cooking CookBook. Sallie provided the recipe, which includes chicken, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, bell peppers, snow peas, honey, cornstarch, and water. The dish is served over cooked rice.
ChristyThomas
Gold Member
If anyone has the recipe for "Outrageous Orange Summer Simmer" from the Casual Cooking CookBook (pg. 99) would you please post it for me.

Thanks,
Christy

I got out my Pampered Chef Casual Cookbook and on page 99, it's Wild Raspberry Summer Sipper. I looked at the rest of the book and I don't see that recipe. Could it be elsewhere? I am happy to look. Marla

okay, sorry. At the bottom it says, variation, Outrageous Orange Summer Sipper... and you have simmer I think.. I didn't look close enough. Here it is,
Substitute orange juice for raspberry-cranberry juice and orange sherbet for raspberry sherbet. Proceed as recipe directs. 3 cups chilled juice
1 qt sherbet divided
1 liter (4cups) chilled lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda

Pour juice drink into QS pitcher. Using Ice cream dipper, pack 2 cups of the sherbet into measure all cup. Add sherbet to pitcher, plunge until well mixed.

For each drink, place 1 scoop of the remaining sherbet in 10 ounce drinking glasses. Fill glass half full with juice drink mixture (1 1/2 cup). Add carbonated soda (1 1/2 cup) until foam reaches top of glass. Serve immed.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
marla

I need a recipe, too pleaseI was supposed to bring a recipe from the new Grilling Cookbook today (and yesterday) to work, but forgot.

if someone could tell me what the recipe is for the Zucchini Bacon boats? shown in the S/S catalog, that says in the new Grilling cookbook, I would be very appreciative!

TIA

Sallie

Last edited:

Hi Christy,

I have the recipe for "Outrageous Orange Summer Simmer" from the Casual Cooking CookBook. Here it is:

Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Cooked rice, for serving

Instructions:

1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.

2. In a small bowl, mix together orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.

3. Add the orange juice mixture to the skillet with the chicken. Stir to combine.

4. Add the sliced bell peppers and snow peas to the skillet. Cook for another 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.

5. In a separate small bowl, mix together honey, cornstarch, and water. Add this mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.

6. Serve the "Outrageous Orange Summer Simmer" over cooked rice. Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you. Happy cooking!

Best,

What ingredients are needed for the "Outrageous Orange Summer Simmer" recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe are chicken breasts, orange juice, onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.

How long does it take to make "Outrageous Orange Summer Simmer"?

This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook.

Can this recipe be made in advance?

Yes, you can marinate the chicken in the orange juice mixture for up to 24 hours before cooking.

What sides would pair well with this dish?

This dish pairs well with rice, quinoa, or roasted vegetables. You can also serve it over a bed of greens for a light and refreshing meal.

Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can use shrimp, tofu, or even pork in place of chicken in this recipe. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rwispampered
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rwispampered
  • chefdenisep