• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Appetizer Recipe from 29 Minutes to Dinner

In summary, the author is looking for a recipe for a family burrito. It is not in the cookbook or on the website. There are other recipes that could be served as appetizers instead.
mpkegley
I was hoping someone could help me out. My director asked me to bring an appetizer recipe from the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook to our cluster meeting this Sunday. No problem, right? I don't have the cookbook yet and I emailed her to tell her that, but she must not have understood - because she sent out her email to remind everyone about the meeting and she put on there that I would be bringing a recipe from the cookbook. I was planning on calling her, but thought I would try here first. Does anyone have any ideas what I could bring and post the recipe? I know she said appetizer, but I think it could be anything that would be good to do for a show. Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to everyone's ideas and responses.

There aren't really any appetizers in this book. They are all main dishes that can be made in less than 29 minutes.

Do you have the new Season's Best? It's got appetizers.

Jerk Chicken Nachos!!!!

But someone will have to post - I don't have any cookbooks with me....

Oh wait, maybe that was in the Season's Best...

jerk chicken nachos is in the catalog!!

The other girls are making stuff from the Season's Best. That is why I said that it probably doesn't have to be an appetizer because I didn't figure there were any appetizers. I wish my cookbook would be in before Sun!

I have the cookbook. It has some YUMMY :p recipes but aren't show worthy. They only serve 2-6 people. You would have to at least double the recipe which could possibly increase cooking time. Not to mention host's cost on ingredients.:cry: I recommend using the Season's Best or like mentioned already,,,Jerk Chicken Nachos.

Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce WrapsI think you can do these as either a main dish or an appetizer; the yield is only 2 servings, 2 wraps each, but the servings are pretty big since the recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups chicken. I bet you could double it, use smaller lettuce leaves and get 10-12 small servings.

Here it is in case you're interested; I've made these and they are really good. You could use a lot more tools than just those mentioned in the directions, and you could grill the chicken ahead of time in the Grill Pan.

Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Peanut Sauce
2 T dry-roasted peanuts
1 T chopped fresh basil
1/4 c poppy sed salad dressing
2 t Asian Seasoning Mix
1 T rice vinegar
1 T water

Salad
1 small cucumber
1/2 medium red bell pepper
1 1/2 c shredded cooked chicken
4 large Boston or bibb letuce leaves
Additional chopped peanuts and choped resh basil (optional)

1. For sauce, chop peanuts using Food Chopper. Chop basil using Chef's Knife. Combine peanuts, basil, dressing, seasoning mix, vinegar and water in Small Batter Bowl; set aside.

2. For salad, peel cucumber; slice into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler, avoiding seeds. Slice bell pepper into thin strips. Shred chicken; toss with half of the sauce. Set remaining sauce aside for dipping.

3. To serve, divide cucumber among lettuce leaves. Spoon chicken mixture over cucumber. Top with bell pepper. Garnish wraps with additional peanuts and basil, if desired. Serve with remaining peanut sauce.

Yield: 2 servings

Calories 410, Total Fat 22g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 100mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 36 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g.

In the Chef's Corner it says you can substiute tortillas for the lettuce leaves for a heartier version.

Oh, these sound so good! I could always do the tortillas and maybe cut them in half and it would serve more. We usually do not have that many at our meetings anyway. Thanks Diane!

You're welcome:D

HELP!!! I need the recipe for the family burrito, can anyone email it to me PLEASE!!!!! [email protected]
Thanks so much!!!!
Rita

What is the 29 Minutes to Dinner program?

The 29 Minutes to Dinner program is a collection of quick and easy recipes designed to help you get dinner on the table in just 29 minutes. It includes appetizers, main dishes, and desserts that are perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute dinner parties.

What are the requirements for the appetizer recipe?

The appetizer recipe for the 29 Minutes to Dinner program should be able to be prepared in under 29 minutes, using common kitchen tools and ingredients. It should also be suitable for serving as an appetizer, such as finger foods or dips.

Can I use ingredients from other brands besides Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can use ingredients from other brands in your appetizer recipe for the 29 Minutes to Dinner program. However, we recommend using Pampered Chef products for the best results and to showcase the versatility of our products.

Is there a limit to the number of ingredients I can use in my appetizer recipe?

No, there is no limit to the number of ingredients you can use in your appetizer recipe for the 29 Minutes to Dinner program. However, we recommend keeping it simple and using no more than 10 ingredients to ensure that it can be prepared in under 29 minutes.

Can I submit more than one appetizer recipe for the 29 Minutes to Dinner program?

Yes, you can submit more than one appetizer recipe for the 29 Minutes to Dinner program. We encourage you to share your creativity and come up with multiple delicious and easy appetizer options to help others get dinner on the table in a hurry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christy_c
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sk8Mom209
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • PamperedMandy2010