• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Label Recipes on Your Calendar?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the sharing of a document with labels for various months. There were some issues with opening the document and changing the contact information on one of the labels. The labels were created using Word 2007 and are in the size of Avery White Shipping Labels. However, some people were able to open the document in Word 2003 after changing the extension. Overall, the labels were well-received and appreciated by the group.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Let me know what you think! I'm open for critics because I threw it together over a few days and didn't get to go back and check it.

Attachments

• Calendar Labels.doc
    479 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
LOVE those!!

I keep getting an error message when I try to open it! :cry:

ChefBeckyD said:
I keep getting an error message when I try to open it! :cry:

PM me your email address and I can try to send it to you.

These are so cute! I love them. Thank you so much for posting!!!!!!!

skaugchef said:
I too get an error message when opening it. will you e-mail it to me? [email protected]

I'll have to do it when I get home, I tried with Becky last night and we were still having issues.

Weird, cause I just tried to open them at work and it came up all crazy!

I had to donwload it to my PC before it would open. The layout was all funny, with the labels stacked on top of each other. I had to drag them around to see them - couldn't tell which label you were planning for which month!

These are great. The only problem I had was changing the contact info on the 2 step fudge, it seemed to be locked. Can you please fix that. Thanks so much. I am greatfull to everyone who is so talented and can put these things together for us.

wadesgirl said:
Let me know what you think! I'm open for critics because I threw it together over a few days and didn't get to go back and check it.

These are wonderful!! Can you please tell me which size labels you use?

ShellBeach said:
I had to donwload it to my PC before it would open. The layout was all funny, with the labels stacked on top of each other. I had to drag them around to see them - couldn't tell which label you were planning for which month!
It really doesn't matter which months you do! I just added them as I went. Now the pictures go with every month but three. So the three that don't have coordinating picture (I think it was April, May and August) get the ones that are laid out differently.

CooknSteph said:
These are great. The only problem I had was changing the contact info on the 2 step fudge, it seemed to be locked. Can you please fix that. Thanks so much. I am greatfull to everyone who is so talented and can put these things together for us.
I would not have any clue how to do this! It wasn't built any different than the other ones. Maybe when I resave, it will be different.

I think they are the 4x2 labels. I have the type at home.

I was unable to open in Word 2003 - downloading or not.

It appears as though you did these in Word 2007...? Did you just change the extension from .docx to .doc instead of actually saving it as a .doc?

Anyway, I was finally able to open it in Word 2007.

They are VERY cute! Good idea.

CooknSteph said:

The "block" that the contact info is in is "underneath" the recipe part. That's why you can't get to it. Without getting into details about moving the image parts "up", the easiest way might be to move the recipe block out of the way and then edit the contact info. Then grab the recipe block and move it back.

It's the Avery White Shipping Labels, either code 48863 or Template code 5163.
I hope that helps! I love using that label size.

kam said:

It appears as though you did these in Word 2007...? Did you just change the extension from .docx to .doc instead of actually saving it as a .doc?

The "block" that the contact info is in is "underneath" the recipe part. That's why you can't get to it. Without getting into details about moving the image parts "up", the easiest way might be to move the recipe block out of the way and then edit the contact info. Then grab the recipe block and move it back.

When I loaded it, it loaded as a .doc so I didn't realize until I got home that it was a .docx! I have fixed the file in the original post.

Yes, I fixed the block too in the 2 step fudge area.

ShelbyMichalek said:
It's the Avery White Shipping Labels, either code 48863 or Template code 5163.
I hope that helps! I love using that label size.

Yup, that's what it is.

It worked!! I loved them!! THanks

Yah!!! I do have to say that I have not checked the margins or anything. I'm getting ready to print mine tonight.

kam said:

Thank you so much. Didn't even think about that.

@ wadesgirl:

Could you add another label for Dec. 2010, first page they come to.

I tried to add one with a snowflake for the sprinkle/cream cheese smear but couldn't get it to paste right in the file.

LOVE the labels and FYI--they printed beautifully!

love these, thank you

What are you printing these on which labels?

They look great, have an idea for the other months that don't have images - April (an umbrella for april showers), May - flowers or pink ribbon (breast cancer races), August - books for back to school. I tried to place them but couldn't get it right.

flemings99 said:
@ wadesgirl:

Could you add another label for Dec. 2010, first page they come to.

I tried to add one with a snowflake for the sprinkle/cream cheese smear but couldn't get it to paste right in the file.

LOVE the labels and FYI--they printed beautifully!
When I made them I didn't realize there was a December 2010 one! I have not got around the changing it and I think I might just do a full label with information about hosting a show/recruiting.

Dina Atnip said:
What are you printing these on which labels?
2x4 shipping labels

cwilcox said:
They look great, have an idea for the other months that don't have images - April (an umbrella for april showers), May - flowers or pink ribbon (breast cancer races), August - books for back to school. I tried to place them but couldn't get it right.

I left those out because the recipes were larger. I didn't want to make them too small that you couldn't read them so I sacrificed the clip art.

umm...very new so please excuse dumb questions, when you say calendar labels, what do you use them for????
THanks

They're used for the calendars that had to pre-ordered through PC. I don't think you can purchase them anymore.

ok thanks, were they calendars that you hand out to cutomers etc?

which size labels do you print them on?

Mindy50135 said:
ok thanks, were they calendars that you hand out to cutomers etc?
They were ones that were available to purchase in September.

pamchef said:
which size labels do you print them on?

2x4 shipping labels.

Thanks for the labels!

I took the clip art off, made the titles colored and bolded and then will make Dec 2010 a special thank you- not a recipe. Thank my hosts for booking a show, blah blah blah! lol :)

I also used certain labels a different way- if the calendar had a sweet recipe I used a non-sweet sticker and vice versa.

1. What is the purpose of labeling recipes on a calendar?

The purpose of labeling recipes on a calendar is to help with meal planning and organization. It allows you to easily see what meals you have planned for the week or month and helps you stay on track with your dietary goals.

2. Should I label recipes by meal or by day?

This ultimately depends on personal preference and what works best for you. Some people find it helpful to label by meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) while others prefer to label by day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday). You can also try a combination of both, such as labeling by day and including the meal in brackets next to it.

3. How detailed should the labels be?

This also varies based on personal preference. Some people like to include the full recipe name, while others prefer to keep it simple with just the main dish. You can also include additional information such as dietary restrictions, prep time, or a link to the recipe. It's important to find a level of detail that works for you and makes your meal planning process easier.

4. Do I need to label every recipe on my calendar?

It's not necessary to label every recipe on your calendar, especially if you have a lot of recurring meals or meals that don't require a recipe. It's more important to label the recipes that you need to prepare in advance or that require specific ingredients. This will help you stay organized and on track with your meal planning.

5. Can I use different colors for my recipe labels?

Yes, using different colors for your recipe labels can make your calendar more visually appealing and easier to read. You can assign different colors to different types of meals (e.g. red for meat dishes, green for vegetarian dishes) or use colors to represent different levels of difficulty (e.g. yellow for easy meals, red for more complex meals). Just make sure to choose a color-coding system that makes sense to you and is easy to remember.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • n_coleman101
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830