• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Treats for Office Food Day: WOW Your Co-Workers!

In summary, Carolyn made an apple dump cake and brought it to work in the morning and it was a hit. She also made the Stawberry Amaretto pastries and the molten lava cake and Mom's Apple Crisp (in micro). The brownie truffle bites (not sure if that's what they're called) are always impressive, she brings Heath Bar bits on top, and the truffle brownies are always a hit.
Humble Beginnings
I recently started working for a new company. I'm in a completely different enviroment as before I was able to work from home. Now Im 9-5 in an office with about 100 woman on 1 floor. Well, I've put out my catelogs and have had some interest but Wednesday we are having food day. So I thought I would make something "WOW" from PC. What have you taken to work that everyone loved and asked you "Where did you get this recipe?" Thank you in advance1

This past week we had a food day at work, and I made an apple dump cake. I fixed it that morning, and brought it in while it was still warm - everyone raved about it all day. And it is super simple. Just take 2 cans of pie filling (your choice) dump them in the DCB, dump a white cake mix (dry)on top of that, pour 2 sticks of melted butter over top the cake mix. I cover mine and cook in the micro-wave for 15 minutes. I also brought cool whip in the Easy Accent Decorator - that got some aahhhs too :)

I made the Stawberry Amaretto pastries and they were a hit! And the molten lava cake and Mom's Apple Crisp (in micro) are also FAB!

Taffy Apple Tartlets are ALWAYS a hit when I make them! GL!

Warm carmel nutty brownies are always a hit, too.

AJPratt said:
I made the Stawberry Amaretto pastries and they were a hit! And the molten lava cake and Mom's Apple Crisp (in micro) are also FAB!

I made the Mom's Apple Crisp last night and followed the directions exactly and although the flavor was good, and the aroma was heavenly, we weren't overly impressed, it didn't seem like there were enough apples, it was all topping, and the topping was very hard, had to really muscle through it to eat it.... What did I do wrong? (sorry about the hijack!)

The brownie truffle bites (not sure if that's what they're called) are always impressive, we like them we heath bar bits on top...

I just make the ghiradelli brownies in the silicone floral cupcake pan. absolutely delicious (who doesn't need some chocolate in the middle of the day). sprinkle them with the conf. sugar. presentation is pretty and I sell A LOT of pans.

doughmama said:
I just make the ghiradelli brownies in the silicone floral cupcake pan. absolutely delicious (who doesn't need some chocolate in the middle of the day). sprinkle them with the conf. sugar. presentation is pretty and I sell A LOT of pans.

Where is this recipe?

ChefPaulaB said:
I made the Mom's Apple Crisp last night and followed the directions exactly and although the flavor was good, and the aroma was heavenly, we weren't overly impressed, it didn't seem like there were enough apples, it was all topping, and the topping was very hard, had to really muscle through it to eat it.... What did I do wrong? (sorry about the hijack!)

I would say there was probably too much brown sugar, and possibly cooked too long. All micros are different. I have done that myself and had to cut it with a knife! LOL Sometimes you will need to add apples, depending on the size. Usually, I have the dish with apples mounted on it and then they shrink down when baked. And, for flavor it makes a difference what kind of apple you use. I have always enjoyed it and its always been a hit at shows. It usually my "go to" recipe to take with me.

dannyzmom said:
Where is this recipe?

Carolyn - I think she is referring to the Ghiradelli's boxed brownie mix. ;)

I buy the Ghiradelli's double chocolate brownie mix at Costco....you get 6 mixes for about the price of 2 from the grocery store.

ChefPaulaB said:

When I cook it for too long, the top gets really hard. Or, if you are using the Splenda Brown Sugar - when I did at a show one time, I noticed it was a harder crust too...

One other thing I do (because I thought it needed a little extra too) at home and at shows, is that I take a flour/sugar shaker filled with cinnamon sugar and just shake a bit over the top of the apples before adding the "Crisp" on top.

ChefBeckyD said:
When I cook it for too long, the top gets really hard. Or, if you are using the Splenda Brown Sugar - when I did at a show one time, I noticed it was a harder crust too...

One other thing I do (because I thought it needed a little extra too) at home and at shows, is that I take a flour/sugar shaker filled with cinnamon sugar and just shake a bit over the top of the apples before adding the "Crisp" on top.

You know, I thought that about the apples, seemed like they needed a little something... I could've cooked it too long, my microwave is usually right on when it comes to meeting the times in our recipes, but I think that I did go for the longest time, I think it was 14-16 minutes, I either went 15 or 16, so maybe that was it, and I didn't use the Granny Smith apples, so that might've made a difference too... I will definitely try again, I had high hopes. I also sprinkled with our Caramel and Cinnamon sprinkles just before I popped in the microwave.

I've taken the elegant artichoke cups and people really liked them. The DCB Molten Chocolate Lava Cake is always great - maybe bring along a container of chopped strawberries to top it with. I love reading about everyone's dessert ideas. It is something I rarely make, so reading about everyone else's successes makes me more brave to try!

I made the Warm carmel nutty brownies and took them to work when I started. I had lots of people ask for the recipe and I even got 2 shows booked from them.

My Mother-in-law has taken the DCB and all the fixings for the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco to work, and made it there on the spot. She's a nurse, and she said all the ladies love it.

1. What are some easy and quick treats I can bring to the office for Food Day?

Some easy and quick treats that are perfect for office Food Day include mini quiches, fruit skewers, and chocolate dipped pretzels. All of these can be made ahead of time and require minimal prep work.

2. Can I make these treats ahead of time?

Yes, all of the treats mentioned in our "Delicious Treats for Office Food Day" collection can be made ahead of time. This will save you time and stress on the day of the event.

3. Are there any recipes that cater to dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! We have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegan, and low-sugar options. Just look for the "Dietary Needs" filter on our website to find these recipes.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make these treats?

Yes, you can definitely use Pampered Chef products to make these treats. In fact, many of our recipes are specifically designed to be made with our high-quality kitchen tools and appliances for optimal results.

5. Are there any savory treats in this collection?

Yes, there are a few savory options in our "Delicious Treats for Office Food Day" collection such as bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, stuffed mushrooms, and mini quiches. These treats are perfect for those who prefer savory over sweet options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies