• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Ideas Needed for an Event (Non-Pampered Chef)

In summary, my son's church choir group is having an end of the year party & Baby shower (for one of the teacher's). They are looking for "Pigs in a Blanket" and "Other". They also need "Unsweet tea", but I'm a northern girl-transplated to the south- so I have no clue how to make Tea. The recipes they are considering are Pizza Breadsticks, Cool Veggie Pizza, Mini Ham Puffs, and some other recipe. It needs to be at least enough to serve 12+, and it needs to be
esavvymom
Staff member
On Wednesday night, my son's church choir group is having an end of the year party & Baby shower (for one of the teacher's). It's a potluck, basically, and of the foods they asked for, they still need the following:

"Pigs in a Blanket" and "Other". They also need "Unsweet tea", but I'm a northern girl-transplated to the south- so I have no clue how to make Tea. :D

But I wanted to take something PC related. There are A LOT of people going to be there, and I'd love to have a way to showcase PC. I was also thinking 'kid-friendly' foods...since most of the foods so far aren't exactly so kid-friendly.

Here are a few recipes I found and am considering (want to try 2):
Pizza Breadsticks *Don't know where this recipe came from for PC- but I got it from Joyce's website of PC recipes*. Thought I could serve the breadsticks and some pizza sauce in my new Chips-and-dip tray.

Cool Veggie Pizza - thought it could be served right from my bar pan.

Mini Ham Puffs - these sound really good- with crescent roll crusts and ham/cheese fillings in the mini-muffin pan. Could easily serve on the SA platter I have. I was thinking of instead of ham or turkey, I'd use pepperoni, and then mozzarella cheese- to make them a mini-pizza puff or something- something the kids might like.

some pinwheels type recipe? like "Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels"?

ANy other thoughts??? It needs to be at least enough to serve 12+. It really needs to be 'meal-like' or appetizer, because alot of folks are bringing chips/dip and drinks.

quiche lorraine tartlets! Do a double batch, they'll disappear!

OOOH....good one!

This one isn't from PC, but may also work....I haven't personally tried it, but it's on my growing list of to do recipes.:chef:

Pizza Meatloaf Cups.....I must be craving meatloaf tonight! :D

1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
additional pizza sauce (optional)

1.In a bowl, combine the egg, pizza sauce, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
2.Fold beef into mixture and mix well.
3.Divide meat mixture into 12 greased muffin cups.
4.Press mixture into bottom and up the sides.
5.Fill center with cheese.
6.Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
7.Serve immediately with additional pizza sauce and cheese if desired.
8.Or cool, place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
9.To use frozen pizza cups:
10.Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
11.Heat in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
12.Top with additional pizza sauce and cheese if desired.

You could adapt it to the mini-muffin pan....or use the stoneware and zap em in the micro?

Let me know what you think of them if you do try them

Meatballs or Lil' smokies are great for parties. You could, of course, have PC tools for serving.

I mix the meatballs or smokies in a jar of Heinz chili sauce and about 1 cup of grape jelly. Heat through. Or just use bbq sauce.

I love making the Pot-stickers from the 08 s/s season's best (i think). These have always been a hit with my church friends.

Hi there! It sounds like you have a fun event coming up. I love the idea of showcasing Pampered Chef at the potluck. The Pizza Breadsticks and Mini Ham Puffs both sound like great options, especially since they can be served on your Chips-and-dip tray and SA platter. I also think the Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels would be a hit, especially with the kids. Another kid-friendly option could be the Mac & Cheese Bites, which can be made in the Mini Muffin Pan. For a dessert option, you could try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza, it's always a crowd-pleaser. Whatever you choose, I'm sure your fellow party-goers will love it. Have a great time!

1. What types of dishes should I consider for a large event?

For a large event, it is important to offer a variety of dishes to accommodate different dietary restrictions and preferences. Consider having a mix of appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts. It is also helpful to have options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options.

2. How can I make sure there is enough food for everyone?

To ensure there is enough food for your event, it is best to plan for at least one and a half servings per person. This will account for guests who may want to try multiple dishes or have larger appetites. It is always better to have more food than not enough.

3. Do you have any recommendations for budget-friendly dishes?

One way to save on costs for an event is to incorporate dishes that use inexpensive ingredients. Pasta dishes, soups, and casseroles are great options that are both delicious and budget-friendly. You can also ask guests to bring a dish to share, potluck-style, to help reduce costs.

4. How can I make my dishes stand out at the event?

To make your dishes stand out, consider adding unique flavors or presentation. You can also incorporate seasonal ingredients or personal touches that make the dish special to you. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new recipes to impress your guests!

5. Can I make dishes ahead of time for the event?

Yes, you can definitely make dishes ahead of time for your event. This can help save time and stress on the day of the event. Some dishes, like casseroles or soups, actually taste better when made ahead and reheated. Just be sure to follow proper food safety guidelines when storing and reheating your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
yourchef23
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies