1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recipe ideas needed for an event (non-PC)

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

On Wednesday night, my son's church choir group is having an end of the year party & Baby shower (for one of the teacher's). It's a potluck, basically, and of the foods they asked for, they still need the following:

"Pigs in a Blanket" and "Other". They also need "Unsweet tea", but I'm a northern girl-transplated to the south- so I have no clue how to make Tea. :D

But I wanted to take something PC related. There are A LOT of people going to be there, and I'd love to have a way to showcase PC. I was also thinking 'kid-friendly' foods...since most of the foods so far aren't exactly so kid-friendly.

Here are a few recipes I found and am considering (want to try 2):
    Pizza Breadsticks *Don't know where this recipe came from for PC- but I got it from Joyce's website of PC recipes*. Thought I could serve the breadsticks and some pizza sauce in my new Chips-and-dip tray.

Cool Veggie Pizza - thought it could be served right from my bar pan.

Mini Ham Puffs - these sound really good- with crescent roll crusts and ham/cheese fillings in the mini-muffin pan. Could easily serve on the SA platter I have. I was thinking of instead of ham or turkey, I'd use pepperoni, and then mozzarella cheese- to make them a mini-pizza puff or something- something the kids might like.

some pinwheels type recipe? like "Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels"?

ANy other thoughts??? It needs to be at least enough to serve 12+. It really needs to be 'meal-like' or appetizer, because alot of folks are bringing chips/dip and drinks.

Apr 27, 2009
  2. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

quiche lorraine tartlets! Do a double batch, they'll disappear!

Apr 27, 2009
  3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

OOOH....good one!

This one isn't from PC, but may also work....I haven't personally tried it, but it's on my growing list of to do recipes.:chef:

Pizza Meatloaf Cups.....I must be craving meatloaf tonight! :D

1 egg, beaten
    1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
    1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    additional pizza sauce (optional)

1.In a bowl, combine the egg, pizza sauce, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
    2.Fold beef into mixture and mix well.
    3.Divide meat mixture into 12 greased muffin cups.
    4.Press mixture into bottom and up the sides.
    5.Fill center with cheese.
    6.Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
    7.Serve immediately with additional pizza sauce and cheese if desired.
    8.Or cool, place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
    9.To use frozen pizza cups:
    10.Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
    11.Heat in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
    12.Top with additional pizza sauce and cheese if desired.

You could adapt it to the mini-muffin pan....or use the stoneware and zap em in the micro?

Let me know what you think of them if you do try them

4. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Meatballs or Lil' smokies are great for parties. You could, of course, have PC tools for serving.

I mix the meatballs or smokies in a jar of Heinz chili sauce and about 1 cup of grape jelly. Heat through. Or just use bbq sauce.

I love making the Pot-stickers from the 08 s/s season's best (i think). These have always been a hit with my church friends.

Have something to add?