• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Ideas for Mission Trip Fundraiser

In summary, for a fundraiser for a group going on a mission trip to Guatemala, a popular breakfast dish to make could be Huevos Revueltos con Frijoles, or scrambled eggs with beans. This can be easily prepared ahead of time and assembled by students during the demo. To make it unique, add typical Guatemalan ingredients like tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Another idea could be to make "tamales de elote," or corn tamales, for which a simple recipe is provided. These can also be customized by adding vegetables for extra flavor and nutrition.
lwetch
I am getting ready for a fundraiser for a group doing a mission trip to Guatemala. I would like the recipe to be something native to the country but it is a 9:30 am show and I don't have any great ideas. Anyone have any ideas for me? The students that are going on the mission trip will be helping with the demo and my audience has the potential to be quite large... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A popular breakfast dish in Guatemala is Huevos Revueltos con Frijoles, which translates to scrambled eggs with beans. It is a simple, yet delicious combination that can be cooked quickly.For the fundraiser, you could prepare different components of the dish ahead of time and provide the students with instructions on how to assemble it during the demo. This would make for an exciting show as the students create the meal together. To give the dish a unique Guatemalan spin, you could also add some of the country’s signature ingredients such as: diced tomatoes, chopped onion, garlic, green pepper, cilantro, and diced chilies. You could even serve the eggs with a side of hot tortillas, which are a staple in Guatemala. With a few simple ingredients and a bit of creativity, you can easily create a vibrant and flavorsome dish that will be sure to wow your audience. Buen Provecho!

One idea could be to make "tamales de elote," which are corn tamales that are commonly eaten for breakfast in Guatemala. Here's a simple recipe:Ingredients:- 6 cups of fresh corn kernels- 1 cup of cornmeal- 1 cup of grated cheese (queso fresco or mozzarella)- 1/2 cup of butter, melted- 1/2 cup of milk- 1 teaspoon of baking powder- Salt to taste- Banana leaves or parchment paper for wrappingInstructions:1. In a blender or food processor, blend the corn kernels until they are smooth.2. In a large bowl, mix together the blended corn, cornmeal, cheese, melted butter, milk, baking powder, and salt.3. Cut the banana leaves or parchment paper into 8x8 inch squares.4. Place about 1/2 cup of the corn mixture onto each square and wrap it up tightly.5. Steam the tamales for about 45 minutes, or until they are firm and cooked through.6. Serve warm and enjoy!You could also add a twist to this recipe by adding some chopped vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes, to the corn mixture before wrapping and steaming. This would add some extra flavor and nutrition to the tamales. Good luck with your fundraiser!

1. What types of recipes are best for a mission trip fundraiser?

The best type of recipes for a mission trip fundraiser are ones that are easy to make, budget-friendly, and can feed a large group of people. Some examples include casseroles, soups, and pasta dishes.

2. Can I have recipes that accommodate dietary restrictions?

Yes, it's important to offer options for those with dietary restrictions. You can include recipes that are gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan to accommodate different dietary needs.

3. How many recipes should I include in my fundraiser?

It's best to include a variety of recipes, but it ultimately depends on the size of your fundraiser. A good rule of thumb is to have at least 10-15 recipes to choose from.

4. Can I use recipes from Pampered Chef for my fundraiser?

Yes, you can use any Pampered Chef recipe for your fundraiser. We have a variety of delicious and easy recipes that are perfect for a mission trip fundraiser.

5. How should I price the food items made from the recipes?

The pricing of the food items will depend on the cost of ingredients and any additional expenses, such as packaging and transportation. It's also a good idea to research the average price of similar items in your area. Make sure to also consider the fundraising goal and how much profit you want to make per item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Schylie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • adriennegskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • babywings76