• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Appetizers without a Stove for Show at Church

's recipe for Chocolate Silk Mousse is a great option. It is ready to serve without the chocolate, and can be served in graham crackers or phyllo shells. You can also bring potatoes and apples to try out the tools.
pcmomof2angels
I have a show next week and she has decided to move the show to her church due to the size of her house. The problem is that the church does not have a stove. We are limited to whatever I make ahead or can cook in the microwave. I have seen several desserts but, does anyone have any recipes for appetizers or snacks besides dips. :confused:

clubhouse chicken squareDo you have the recipe for Clubhouse Chicken Squares? You could bake the cresent roll crust at home.

Season's BestCheck out last season's Season's Best. There is a recipe for Curry Chicken Lettuce wraps. They are delicious and easy to make. It is a quick recipe so if you want a second I would try last year's celebrations dessert the Cherry-Almond Cheesecake. No bake and also VERY good.

I love the 7 layer salad squares with the prebaked crescent roll base. A great micro dessert is a cake in the new rice cooker(10 min) or fluted pan (12 min)

You could do the chocolate chip sensation and make the cookie at home. You can also do a veggie platter and dips and have pita chips made ahead of time. If you have the creative cutter set and the scalloped bread tube you can use them for the veggie platter.

No CookI did the micro cake and brought something pre-made for one of my no-cookshows. I have two more shows like that this week (sort of craft fair/playgroup kind of shows) and I am doing the choc silk mousse without the choc, with raspberry preserves instead, on graham crackers for the playgroup one, and the choc silk mousse in the pre-baked phyllo shells for the craft fair-ish one. I will make the mousse in the batter bowl ahead of time, close up the lid, and then just show off the EAD. I will bring potatos and apples for folks to try the tools out/demo

Sorry this is so disjointed - my 2 yo is "helping" me type!

Laurel

1. Can I use a slow cooker or crockpot to make appetizers for a church event?

Yes, a slow cooker or crockpot is a great option for making appetizers without a stove. You can easily transport the dish to the church and keep it warm during the event.

2. What are some easy appetizer recipes that don't require a stove?

Some easy appetizer recipes that don't require a stove include cold dips, no-bake energy bites, and fruit skewers. You can also make bruschetta, cheese platters, and antipasto skewers using pre-made ingredients.

3. How can I keep my appetizers fresh and safe to eat without refrigeration?

It's important to keep perishable ingredients, such as meat and dairy, chilled until serving. You can use insulated containers or coolers with ice packs to transport and keep the appetizers cool. It's also best to serve the appetizers within two hours of being made.

4. Can I use a microwave to cook appetizers for a church event?

Yes, a microwave can be used to cook certain appetizers, such as mini quiches or stuffed mushrooms. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully and adjust cooking times as needed.

5. Are there any appetizers that can be made ahead of time and reheated at the church?

Yes, there are many appetizers that can be made ahead of time and reheated at the church, such as meatballs, mini quiches, and stuffed peppers. Just make sure to properly store them in the fridge or freezer and follow reheating instructions to ensure they are safe to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • nikked
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nikked
  • Shawnna