• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Italian Stuffed Calzone Recipe

In summary, the conversation is about someone who is new to PC and needs help with a recipe for an Italian Stuffed Calzone. They experienced difficulty with the excess dough and appearance of the calzone. Others chimed in with their experiences and tips, such as not trimming the dough, using a Baker's Mat & Roller, and keeping the dough cold for easier handling. In conclusion, the conversation provides helpful advice for making a successful calzone.
kitchenfairey
Hi Everyone,

I am still pretty new to PC and I need some serious recipe help. I have a show tomorrow and of course my Host chose a recipe I have never tried before because they didn't like the choices I gave them. Now to make it worse they only decided yesterday! I am making the Italian Stuffed Calzone and I decided ok I'll make it, but I have to try it at home first. What a disaster! I followed the recipe as directed except I didn't trim the excess dough. I feel that even if I did it would still seem like way to much dough. It also seemed difficult to put the top layer of dough on top and make it look right. Has anyone ever made this and had it come out like the picture? Did you make adjustments? I don't want to appear like a dummy, but HELP ME PLEASE! :(

Thank you in advance

I made it when it first came out and did it for my open house. I don't usually modify anything. It did have a thick crust on the ends and I think it looked almost like the piture. I remember making one and not pressing the seems well and it leaked in my oven. Sorry no magic words on this, but I do follow directions and it worked for me on that one.

Hi Darla,
I make the Cheeseburger Calzone alot, and instead of trimming the dough, I just form it into a circle on the stone. After the stuffing is on, I unroll the second dough right on top, and again just form it to a circle. You can even out the edges by working with the dough, and it will be thicker on the ends, but still tastes great!

Important: DO NOT take the dough out of the refridgerator until you absolutely need it. I take a second to go back to the refridgerator to get the top dough once the filling is done.

Happy Cooking!

Calzone DoughI do the calzones quite frequently. I do not trim the dough, I round the bottom one on the stone prior to guests arrival. The top one...depending on my mood, I either unroll directly on top of the filling and pull/stretch with fingers...or I'll use the Baker's Mat & Roller (to show off the two products), then flip it onto the top and pinch seams together. Mine turn out very pretty and is always devoured. (Not to pat myself on the back :) )

When I arrive at a guests house, I put the dough (crossaints too) in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, then back in the fridge. Colder dough is easier to work with. DON'T do what I've done and forgotten about it and left it in the freezer. Colder dough may be easy to work with...Frozen dough is not! ;)
Also, the "reduced fat" kind is more gooey. Turns out the same, but isn't as user friendly to the consultant or the bakers roller.

for any help you can offer!

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Italian Stuffed Calzone. As a fellow consultant, I know how stressful it can be when trying a new recipe for a show. Don't worry, we've all been there before!

First of all, it's great that you decided to try the recipe at home before the show. This gives you the opportunity to make any necessary adjustments and perfect the dish. In terms of the excess dough, I would recommend trimming it as directed in the recipe. This will help ensure that the calzone doesn't have too much dough and the layers are balanced. Additionally, when placing the top layer of dough, you may need to stretch it out a bit to cover the entire calzone.

If you're still having trouble with the appearance of the calzone, don't worry about it too much. Remember, the most important thing is that it tastes delicious! Your guests will appreciate the effort and love you put into making it. And if anyone asks, you can always share that you wanted to make sure it was perfect for the show.

I hope this helps and your show is a success! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. Good luck!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Italian Stuffed Calzone?

To make the Italian Stuffed Calzone, you will need pizza dough, marinara sauce, Italian sausage, sliced pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives, and diced bell peppers.

2. How long does it take to prepare the Italian Stuffed Calzone?

The prep time for the Italian Stuffed Calzone is approximately 15 minutes and the cooking time is 25 minutes. So, in total it will take around 40 minutes to prepare the calzone.

3. Can I use store-bought pizza dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough for this recipe. However, if you have time, homemade pizza dough will give the calzone a better flavor.

4. What other ingredients can I add to the calzone?

You can add any of your favorite pizza toppings to the calzone, such as mushrooms, onions, or different types of cheese. You can also add cooked chicken or ground beef for a meatier option.

5. Can I make the calzone ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the calzone ahead of time and reheat it. Just make sure to let it cool completely before storing it in the refrigerator. To reheat, place the calzone in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • BAnderson
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kkimpinski