• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Help Please- Italian Sausage Skillet?

In summary, the person is looking for a specific recipe for an Italian sausage, pasta, and peppers skillet from the Weekday Dinners Done! Card set. The recipe is called Pronto Italian Sausage Skillet and includes penne pasta, Italian sausage, peppers, onion, chicken broth, tomatoes, and seasonings. The instructions involve cooking the sausage, peppers, and onion in a skillet before adding the remaining ingredients and simmering until the pasta is tender. The dish is then topped with Parmesan cheese before serving.
kdangel518
Gold Member
Hi friends- I need help with a recipe. MH and I recently moved and haven't unpacked my cookbooks yet- tonight I had a specific recipe in mind but can't remember it by heart.

It's in the original Weekday Dinners Done! Card set- it's a skillet made with Italian sausage, pasta, and peppers... I can't remember the name of it.

If someone could post the recipe for me I would be forever thankful! Thank you thank you!

ETA: I know the recipe has Pronto in the name!

Last edited:
I think you are talking about the Toasted Angel Hair with Sausage & Peppers from 29 minutes to dinner but there is also a Spicy sausage and peppers in SB

Pronto Pasta & sausage skillet
1 med oinion
1 med green pepper
3 links hot italian sausage (12 oz)
2 cloves garlic pressed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
3 1/2 cups water
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
2 oz cream cheese
1 cup mozz cheese (shredded)
1 oz parmesean cheese (1/4 cup) divided
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsely

1. Dice onion and bell pepper using chefs knife. Remove casings from sausage. Cut in half lenght wise, then cut crosswise in 1/2in nuggets. Place sausage into 12 in skillet. Cook over medium heat 6-8 mins or until golden brown
2. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet. cook an additional 2-3 min or until vegetables are tender. Add pressed garlic and pepper flakes; cook 10-20 seconds or uuntil fragrant. Stir in pasta, water, sauce, slat and black pepper. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 14-16 mins. or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally
3. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cream cheese until incorporated. Top withh mozzarella cheese and Parmesean cheeses. Cover and let stand 2-3 min. or until cheeses are melted. Garnish with chopped parsely

What Cookbook is that recipe from?

Hi there! I'm happy to help you with this recipe. It sounds like you're looking for our Pronto Italian Sausage Skillet recipe from the Weekday Dinners Done! Card set. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseInstructions:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbled. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
3. In the same skillet, cook peppers and onion over medium heat until tender.
4. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add cooked sausage and pasta to the skillet. Stir to combine.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I substitute the Italian sausage for another type of protein?

Yes, you can substitute the Italian sausage with another type of protein such as ground beef, chicken, or turkey. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2. Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?

Absolutely! You can use a variety of vegetables in this recipe, such as bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, or even eggplant. Just make sure to cut them into similar sizes for even cooking.

3. Do I need to use a cast iron skillet for this recipe?

No, you can use any type of skillet or pan that you have available. However, a cast iron skillet is recommended for best results as it helps to evenly distribute heat and creates a nice sear on the sausage.

4. Can I make this recipe in advance?

Yes, you can prepare this recipe in advance and keep it in the fridge until ready to cook. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature before cooking to ensure even cooking.

5. Can I freeze leftovers of this recipe?

Yes, you can freeze any leftovers from this recipe for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. To reheat, simply thaw in the fridge overnight and then warm up in a skillet or in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • Stampaholic1961
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • c00p
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies