• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Cooked Shrimp Recipes for a Perfect Main Dish

In summary, there are many ways to use cooked shrimp in a main dish, such as in a stir fry, tacos, Alfredo pasta, quinoa bowl, fried rice, or zucchini noodles. Simply heat the shrimp for a few minutes and add it to your chosen dish for a quick and tasty meal.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
We have a bag of cooked Shrimp..already cooked and deveined..all I need to do is use them..we could just eat them..but I was wondering if anyone has a recipe that I could use them in?? Or is it too late since they are already completely cooked.

I am looking for a main dish type of food to make for my boyfriend and I with them.

Thank you in advance for the replies

Make Fried Rice, or Make an Alfredo Pasta, and then just toss them in at the end to heat them (just for 2-3 minutes).

I do that quite often with cooked Shrimp.

!Here are a few ideas for using cooked shrimp in a main dish:1. Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry: Heat some oil in a pan and add your favorite vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, carrots, and broccoli) along with the cooked shrimp. Stir fry until the vegetables are tender and the shrimp is heated through. Serve over rice or noodles.2. Shrimp Tacos: Warm up some tortillas and fill them with cooked shrimp, shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, and your choice of sauce (such as salsa or chipotle mayo).3. Shrimp Alfredo: Cook your favorite pasta according to package instructions. In a separate pan, heat up some Alfredo sauce and add the cooked shrimp. Once the pasta is cooked, toss it with the shrimp and sauce and serve hot.4. Shrimp and Quinoa Bowl: Cook quinoa according to package instructions and add in cooked shrimp, diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Top with your choice of dressing (such as a balsamic vinaigrette) and enjoy as a healthy and filling main dish.5. Shrimp Fried Rice: In a large pan, heat up some oil and add in cooked rice, cooked shrimp, diced carrots, peas, and scrambled eggs. Season with soy sauce and stir fry until everything is heated through. Serve hot.6. Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles: Spiralize some zucchini into noodles and cook in a pan with some oil until tender. Add in cooked shrimp, diced tomatoes, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Cook until everything is heated through and serve as a low-carb and healthy main dish.

1. How should I prepare the shrimp before cooking?

It is important to properly clean and devein the shrimp before cooking. Start by rinsing the shrimp under cold water and removing any visible dirt or debris. Then, using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut along the back of the shrimp and remove the dark vein. Rinse the shrimp again and pat dry before cooking.

2. How do I know when the shrimp is fully cooked?

Shrimp should be cooked until they turn pink and opaque in color. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the size of the shrimp. Overcooked shrimp will become rubbery and tough, so it's important to watch them closely while cooking.

3. Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to properly thaw them before cooking. The best way to do this is by placing the frozen shrimp in a bowl of cold water for about 10-15 minutes. Once thawed, make sure to pat them dry before cooking.

4. What seasonings or marinade do you recommend for cooked shrimp?

Cooked shrimp can be seasoned with a variety of spices and herbs, depending on your personal preference. Some popular options include garlic, lemon, Cajun seasoning, and Old Bay seasoning. You can also marinate the shrimp in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and your favorite herbs for added flavor.

5. What dishes can I make with cooked shrimp?

Cooked shrimp can be used in a variety of dishes, such as shrimp scampi, shrimp stir-fry, shrimp tacos, shrimp Alfredo, and shrimp cocktail. You can also add cooked shrimp to salads, pasta dishes, and soups for a protein boost. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnikkir
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • leftymac