• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Recipe for Feeding a Big Crowd - Perfect for Hosting Events!

In summary, this television host has a big crowd that she always has a lot of food for. She usually has a feature recipe prepared, but sometimes does a trifle or pasta primavera. She charges $1200 for her show.
Shelly Flanagan
Gold Member
Helllppp! I have a host who does a show every six months. Her smallest show was $750ish. She always has a big crowd and they do come to EAT. She makes extra food, but I want a recipe that is easy to do but will be enough for a bigger crowd to enjoy. Any suggestions?????

TIA!

Why don't you take a tip from the television cooking shows and prepare one or two of the feature recipe before the crowd arrives? Just like television - "We're going to put this into a 350º oven for 22-25 minutes. Now, through the magic of television (wait for the laugh) here's one that's already baked."

How many people does she usually have there? Do you have a regular recipe that you can double? Do a regular batch as your demo and have another batch reheating in the oven or simmering on the stove.

My show this weekend had 20 people. We made what I'm calling Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad. Basically 4-5 Chicken breasts grilled in grill pan (before show) over chopped romaine lettuce, topped with a double batch of mango salsa (one done prior to show & one as the demo), then with crunched up tortilla chips and a double batch of the salad dressing from the Cool & Crunchy Tacos (S/S SB 2011 I think- also done prior to show). It was a hit, some people came back for seconds and there wasn't a scrap left when we were done. The host also made the rocky road brownie for dessert (brownie prior to show then melted the toppings while they were eating the salad).

This host is also a co-worker and her crowd comes to eat too. She also had a veggie tray and some chips with our rub dips. Everyone seemed satisfied and of course they all want the recipe. I'm doing the same recipe this weekend for my SIL's show. My family comes to eat as well! I think it was a good recipe. It showed the grill pan special (even though it was cooked prior to the show), is a healthy recipe, and goes a long way. The only real demo I did was have someone use the salad choppers to cut up the grilled chicken, and then make the mango salsa. We doubled the mango salsa so that we would also have enough to use as a dip for the chips, but you probably wouldn't have to double it if you didn't want.

By the way, it was a $1200 show.

Last edited:
Trifles are always good and feed a crowd. You could do a trifle before hand and demo chicken your way during the show. Prepare another set of chicken before hand and when the first set is done, throw the other on there and have your host watch it while you finish the show. Have your host serve a salad that you can put the chicken on top.

I was going to suggest a salad, just make lots more veggies for it. Or you could make the pasta primavera from the dcb cookbook with some chicken your way added on top when you're done. I've made it and 1 1/2 the recipe to feed alot of people. Make some italian bread seasoned with oil, garlic, and spinach and smokey red pepper oil seasoning dip to go with it. You could do the bread with a salad too.

The Autumn Risotto makes a lot and shows off a lot of tools. That would feed a taste to at least 20 people.

Thanks for the help ladies & gent! I will look over some of the suggestions you gave.

TY - that's the nicest thing anyone has called me up here in some time!

1. How many servings does the "Recipe for a Bigger Crowd" make?

The "Recipe for a Bigger Crowd" can serve between 10-12 people, depending on portion size.

2. Can the recipe be easily doubled or tripled?

Yes, the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed larger groups. Simply adjust the ingredient measurements accordingly.

3. What type of dish is the "Recipe for a Bigger Crowd"?

The "Recipe for a Bigger Crowd" is a casserole-style dish, perfect for serving at potlucks or family gatherings.

4. Can this recipe be made ahead of time?

Yes, the "Recipe for a Bigger Crowd" can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator before baking. Simply add a few extra minutes to the cooking time if baking from chilled.

5. Are there any vegetarian or gluten-free substitutions for this recipe?

Yes, this recipe can easily be made vegetarian by substituting the ground beef with a plant-based ground meat alternative. To make it gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta and breadcrumbs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies