• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeding 20+ Guests? What Recipe Should You Use?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant seeking advice on what recipe to use for a show with over 20 guests. Suggestions include making a sample recipe and talking to the host about providing additional food. Other suggestions include using a trifle recipe, Greek Cheese Torta, or a dessert in the large bar pan. The consultant also mentions using the Creamy One Pot Pasta and having a pre-made pizza ready in the oven while making another one during the show. The overall consensus is to keep the menu simple and not worry about feeding everyone a full meal as the goal is to provide a taste of the recipe and showcase the products.
rbvernon
Silver Member
If you have 20 or more guest; Which recipe would you use?

I had a show last night over 20 people. I cooked (2) Fajita Pizzas. It was alot of work. Plus a cake in the mircowave. :yuck: Well I had 2 people from the show that booked a party; 1 said that she will have about the same amount of people.

I need some help. I am a little stuck. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

I guess what you need to remember (and it's hard) is that it's supposed to be just a sample... Maybe you can talk to the host and discuss something that she can make that will compliment what you're making and that way your demo doesn't have to be so much and there will still be plenty for people to eat. What is really good is if she makes another PC recipe that uses a lot of products, then you can talk about the products that she made to make the recipe. I did a lunch hour show that I made the Spinach Cabanera Pizza for but I had it all made a head of time and I had the microwave cake already in the microwave before anyone arrived. Then I just did some quick demos using the fun impressive products and the people ate during the demo then we unveiled the cake and got lots of oohs and ahhhs and it is closing at $860 without really even doing a full demo. I have gotten 3 bookings from it, one wants an evening show but with the same format and another wants another lunch hour show. So you don't have to actually cook everything in front of them. Good luck! HTH!!!

Just remember, they are supposed to have a taste of the recipe, not feed them a whole meal! We aren't caterers.My favorite recipes for a large crowd are any trifle recipe, Greek Cheese Torta, or any dessert in the large bar pan (chocolate chip sensation, banana split brownie). For the bar pan recipes you can always cut the peices as small as you need them to fed the crowd you have. Or encourage your host to provide other food if she wants to feed them all.

wadesgirl said:
Just remember, they are supposed to have a taste of the recipe, not feed them a whole meal! We aren't caterers.

My favorite recipes for a large crowd are any trifle recipe, Greek Cheese Torta, or any dessert in the large bar pan (chocolate chip sensation, banana split brownie). For the bar pan recipes you can always cut the peices as small as you need them to fed the crowd you have. Or encourage your host to provide other food if she wants to feed them all.

Ditto! Keep it simple for you!

I agree with Paula. I think alot of host's forget we are offering a sampling of the food to show how our products work. We are not cooking a meal for their guests.

You can always do one main recipe for the demo and a microwave cake as a second that is done before the guests even arrive. That's what I have done in the past and it has worked out great!

ok even if i was just to give them a taste 20 people is alot. which recipe should i use or was the pizza ok?

20 isn't that many, like I said above, the host can always provide more food.

sorry i guess that is my first time have more than 20.

rbvernon said:
sorry i guess that is my first time have more than 20.

I wish I could get 20 at my shows. I had a show Monday and there were 15 people. The largest crowd I have had in a while!

I had 20 at my show last night, and I made the fajitas in DCB, as well as the salsa and Guacamole. There were some left over, however, since they were drinking as well, that could be why. They did not want the food to fill them up, and not leave room for the beer? (LOL)

The Creamy One Pot Pasta can serve a lot of people with sample servings. And you can always add extra veg to it to stretch it (I never measure the broccoli, I add a whole one, cut into florets).

I had 12 recently. The host wanted to make 2 pizzas so what I did was I had one ready to go in the oven and the crust laid out on the pan for the other one. At the start of my show, I told them what we were making and that the first one was going in the oven while we made the other one. I used my large bar pan for one and my large sheet pan for the other. I think it worked out well in the timing of it all and most of the work was done BEFORE the guests arrived so while it was still work, it didn't take up any more of the guests' time. I want 20 at a show. The booking I got off this one was a husband and wife team. He asked me was there a limit to how many people they could have. I told him absolutely not...just let me know how many to plan for. I think this could be my biggest show ever. I am looking forward to it. It is in November...perfect timing. :)

WOW paige that is great. I wish mine was is Nov too, but I am blessed that I got what I got.

mrssyvo- do you have a copy of that recipe? that sounds good!

also thanks everyone for your input. it helps to have great people to help you learn.

I often do either the Hot Pizza Dip or Fiesta Chicke Dip, in the DD Baker, if I have a large crowd. That way, you don't have to cut anything into pieces.....people just help themselves. I slice a baguette and brush the slices with the garlic infused canola oil and bake those on the bar pan, for dippers, along with a bag of Tostito scoops. People love it!

1. How much food should I prepare for 20+ guests?

As a general rule, for a main course, plan on 1 pound of meat or seafood per 4 people. For side dishes, plan on 1/2 cup to 1 cup per person, depending on the dish. For appetizers, plan on 3-4 pieces per person.

2. What are some easy and delicious recipes for feeding a large group?

Some popular options for feeding 20+ guests include slow cooker pulled pork, baked ziti, and sheet pan fajitas. These recipes can easily be scaled up to accommodate a larger group and can be prepared ahead of time, making it easier on the host.

3. How can I make sure everyone's dietary restrictions are accommodated?

A good tip is to have a variety of dishes, including vegetarian and gluten-free options. You can also ask guests ahead of time for any dietary restrictions and plan accordingly.

4. Can I make the recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, many recipes can be prepared ahead of time and reheated before serving. Just make sure to follow proper food safety guidelines and reheat the dish to the appropriate temperature before serving.

5. How can I make sure the food stays warm for a large group?

Investing in insulated serving dishes or using slow cookers can help keep food warm for a longer period of time. Placing dishes in a warm oven (200-250 degrees Fahrenheit) can also help maintain their temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • sueleeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • jessinthekitchen