• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious & Eye-Catching Pampered Chef Recipe for MOPS Exchange

In summary, Janel wants to take a good PC recipe with her to a MOPS recipe exchange this weekend. She is hoping that she can get some people to notice and ask for the recipe, which could lead into bookings. She gets great compliments on the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, which everyone loves. The Apple Taffy Pizza uses the same ingredients and is also very popular. She also offers a summary of the recipe for the cake.
janel kelly
HI ladies,
I'm going to a MOPS recipe exchange this weekend and I want to take a really good PC recipe with me. I'm hoping that maybe I can get some people to notice and ask which of course leads into a conversation about PC which leads to bookings... ect.. Does anybody know of a really eye catching and delicious recipe that people always ask you what it is and how to make it?

I always get great compliments on the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. Everyone is always so impressed and it tastes great!

I get alot of comments on the Apple Taffy Pizza which uses the 15" round ($25.50) the apple peeler ($28.50) the food chopper ($28.50) to name a few. Its quick and easy and uses some higher dollared products...not everyone can get apples to look so uniformed as the can with our APCS!! :D

What is the recipe for the turtle fudge skillet cake? Sounds really yummy! I'm always looking for good recipes.

This is the BEST cake! Everyone loves it!!

The Pampered Chef ® Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake

1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to
make cake)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake mix according to package
directions in Classic Batter Bowl; beat until smooth using Stainless
Steel Whisk. Melt butter in Family Skillet over medium heat, tilting
skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet,
spreading evenly.

2. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in
center comes out clean. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove skillet to
Stackable Cooling Rack. Loosen edges of cake with Skinny Scraper and
carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.

3. Chop chocolate using Crinkle Cutter. Combine half of the caramel
topping with chocolate in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on
HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth using skinny
scraper. Carefully spread caramel fudge glaze over cake using Large
Spreader.

4. Chop pecans using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over glaze. Drizzle
with remaining caramel sauce, if desired. Serve with vanilla ice cream
using Ice Cream Dipper or whipped topping using Easy Accent Decorator.
Serve using Slice 'N Serve.

Alternate: make cake in Fluted Stone, make ½ of caramel/chocolate
topping and pour over cooled cake. Sprinkle pecans.

Thanks very much.

Does this cake taste just as good if made in the stone. I don't have the PC skillet yet?

Hey Janel,

What stone would you make the cake in? Did you know that you can purchase the PC stir-fry skillet at half-price on the supply order form? That's how I make mine. I bake it in the stir-fry skillet and I think it makes it look prettier with the domed effect. I don't have the family skillet yet so I improvised! Let me know how you do!

Do you bake the cake for the same amount of time and same temp in the stone as you do in the skillet, or do you alter time and temp? Also, could you do this cake recipe as a 10-12 min. microwave cake when using the stoneware fluted pan?

I was thinking of the rectangular baker would be the only other stone I could do it in. I do have the fluted stone.

Really, we can purchase the skillet half price? I do have my kit enhancement month this month but 50% off is better than 40% off. Are there other products we can purchase half price? I've never heard of this. Thanks!

On the paperwork/supply order form, there is a section titled Celebration Show Accesories. These are items that are useful when promoting the new Celebrations Shows. You may puchase one of each of these items at the price listed (which is 50%). There is different items listed each season. If they are products that you don't already have, it is an excellent time to take advantage of this great price. :)

I just go on to Pampered Partner and towards the bottom they have several items that you can get at half off. A couple of other items are the springform pan, simple additions entertaining set and the small covered saucepans. Just like Dawn said, these items are needed for you to do the Celebration shows so they offer them to us at half off! I took advantage of this offer when I first started and I love them! I actually signed in Feb when they had the cookware promo so I already have the small covered saucepan but I highly recommend you getting the other two if you don't have them already!
I have never baked the cake in the stone but if you do, please let me know how it turns out! Good Luck! :p

What are the ingredients needed for the Pampered Chef Recipe for MOPS Exchange?

The ingredients for this recipe include:

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

What equipment do I need to make this Pampered Chef Recipe for MOPS Exchange?

To make this recipe, you will need:

• Pampered Chef Medium Bar Pan
  • Pampered Chef Mix 'N Scraper
  • Pampered Chef Small Batter Bowl
  • Measuring cups and spoons
  • Mixing bowl
  • Electric mixer (optional)

Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients in this Pampered Chef Recipe for MOPS Exchange?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to customize this recipe to your liking. For example, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour for a healthier option. You can also use coconut sugar or a sugar substitute for a lower sugar option. If you are allergic to nuts, you can omit them from the recipe.

How long does it take to bake this Pampered Chef Recipe for MOPS Exchange?

The baking time for this recipe is approximately 25-30 minutes. However, it may vary depending on your oven. To check if the dessert is ready, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, it is done. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Can I make this Pampered Chef Recipe for MOPS Exchange ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Once it has cooled, you can cover it and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you are ready to serve, you can warm it up in the microwave or oven. You can also freeze this dessert for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
higoobs
  • ChefJessica95765
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies