1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Recipe Cards (what size label?)

1. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I ordered Recipe Cards for an open house tonight - what size labels do you use? The ones I use for my catalogs are too big for the back :(

Oct 14, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I use the standard return address size ~ 1"x2 1/2" label (Avery 5160).
    With the current style of recipe cards, I've not had a problem putting them on the card (on the front).

I MAY experiment with a smaller label, but for now, I go with the ones I buy in bulk!

Oct 14, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I use the 30-to-a-sheet address lable size. I align my info to the right, and put a logo on the left, and wrap them around the edge of the card.

Oct 14, 2009
  4. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Why do you wrap them around at all? You don't really need the logo either. You are putting it on a recipe card with TPC and the logo already on it. I am all about not using more ink than I have to! :) I just pick a corner on the front that does not have wording on it.

Oct 14, 2009
  5. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i too use the standard 30 to a sheet of address labels and put them on the front of the recipe cards where there is nothing important that i am covering it up. i don't put the logo on them, just my name and info. i figure they don't need the logo because the recipe card has it already! and I am with pcchefjane i don't like to use more ink than i have to!

Oct 14, 2009
  6. CathyP

CathyP Member Gold Member

I use the 30 to a sheet mini address labels ( 3/4" x 2 1/4" ). I have my name, phone #, email and PWS address on them. I put them on the front of the card in whatever corner seems best.

Oct 15, 2009
  7. I just put my info right on the cards on the back at the bottom under the ingredient list. I type it in color so it stands out.

Oct 15, 2009
  8. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I've got some address labels on a roll that I bought a while back that I use on my recipe cards. They're glossy, so they look very professional, and they're just the right size. I think they're 2" x 5/8" or so. They're the smaller size label offered by companies regularly in coupon mailers, etc. (Unfortunately, the place I got them no longer offers them.)

Oct 15, 2009
  9. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I made this template and run the cards through my printer. You will have to adjust the text box depending on the available space on the recipe cards.

Attached Files:

Oct 15, 2009
  10. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Wow Linda - this is great! And the ink doesn't smudge?
    I am test printing one right now!
    I read that you're back in FL. What's your day to day schedule look like? Want to try & hook up?

Oct 15, 2009
  11. pamperedlinda

I run them through my laser printer - it will smudge if you touch them right away but let them sit a while before touching and they are fine. It's a lot faster than sticking labels.

I am here until Sat then going home for a few days and back next week - I'm going to start a 4-on 4-off split between here and home. I'll call you in a bit to see if we can work something out.

12. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

The labels I used were from a bunch that I had run off for another purpose, I just had them on hand. I put them on the side with the recipe, because I figure that's the side the customer is going to see more often.

Oct 15, 2009
  13. dannyzmom

I love Linda Child!!!!
    Linda, I got new toner for my laser printer today and tried out your recipe card template - LOVE IT!!!
    This is going to save me a fortune on labels AND TIME and it looks SO much more professional!
    I LOVE YA MAN!!!

Oct 15, 2009
  14. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

That's what I do, too. Sometimes I think the "slapped of affect" draws attention to it. :rolleyes:

Oct 15, 2009
  15. dannyzmom

I just printed my info on over 100 recipe cards - my office reeks of toner from teh printer going and going and going...I am wheezing from breathing the toner fumes...but dang I am so happy with there awesome looking recipe cards and can;t wait to give 'em out at tomorrow's show!!

Oct 15, 2009
  16. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

Thanks everyone for the great tips! I have not used my printer since I started PC but I think I'm going to hook it up and try our your template Linda! THANKS :D

Oct 15, 2009
  17. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Sad...I have an inkjet printer so it won't work! I'd love it! Thanks Linda!

Oct 16, 2009
  18. pamperedlinda

it doesn't work in my ink jet either :(

19. pamperedlinda

oh yeah - I forgot about that part :eek: small price to pay though. load up the printer, turn on a fan and leave the room for a while. I love the way they look too, much more professional looking than a label.

20. dannyzmom

Yippeee!!!
    I am so happy! I had forgotten about all the cards I printed up last night and then I just logged on and saw this message and remembered that I printed up like a zillion nice-lookin' cards last night ! Yay!
    Lin - I have a recruiting interview today and a show tonight - wanna try to get together next week?

Oct 16, 2009
  21. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I may just have to borrow my director's printer!!!

Oct 16, 2009
Have something to add?