• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Cards (What Size Label?)

In summary, participants in this conversation shared their experiences with using different sizes and types of labels on their recipe cards. Some preferred using the standard return address size label, while others used the smaller 30-to-a-sheet or mini address labels. Some participants also mentioned using labels with their personal information and logo, while others didn't see the need for it. Overall, the majority agreed that using labels for their recipe cards saved them time and money, and gave a more professional look to their cards.
PamperedSD
I ordered Recipe Cards for an open house tonight - what size labels do you use? The ones I use for my catalogs are too big for the back :(

I use the standard return address size ~ 1"x2 1/2" label (Avery 5160).
With the current style of recipe cards, I've not had a problem putting them on the card (on the front).I MAY experiment with a smaller label, but for now, I go with the ones I buy in bulk!

I use the 30-to-a-sheet address lable size. I align my info to the right, and put a logo on the left, and wrap them around the edge of the card.

Why do you wrap them around at all? You don't really need the logo either. You are putting it on a recipe card with TPC and the logo already on it. I am all about not using more ink than I have to! :) I just pick a corner on the front that does not have wording on it.

i too use the standard 30 to a sheet of address labels and put them on the front of the recipe cards where there is nothing important that i am covering it up. i don't put the logo on them, just my name and info. i figure they don't need the logo because the recipe card has it already! and I am with pcchefjane i don't like to use more ink than i have to!

I use the 30 to a sheet mini address labels ( 3/4" x 2 1/4" ). I have my name, phone #, email and PWS address on them. I put them on the front of the card in whatever corner seems best.

I just put my info right on the cards on the back at the bottom under the ingredient list. I type it in color so it stands out.

I've got some address labels on a roll that I bought a while back that I use on my recipe cards. They're glossy, so they look very professional, and they're just the right size. I think they're 2" x 5/8" or so. They're the smaller size label offered by companies regularly in coupon mailers, etc. (Unfortunately, the place I got them no longer offers them.)

I made this template and run the cards through my printer. You will have to adjust the text box depending on the available space on the recipe cards.

Attachments

• recipe card info.doc
    29 KB · Views: 508
pamperedlinda said:
I made this template and run the cards through my printer. You will have to adjust the text box depending on the available space on the recipe cards.

Wow Linda - this is great! And the ink doesn't smudge?
I am test printing one right now!
I read that you're back in FL. What's your day to day schedule look like? Want to try & hook up?

dannyzmom said:
Wow Linda - this is great! And the ink doesn't smudge?
I am test printing one right now!
I read that you're back in FL. What's your day to day schedule look like? Want to try & hook up?

I run them through my laser printer - it will smudge if you touch them right away but let them sit a while before touching and they are fine. It's a lot faster than sticking labels.

I am here until Sat then going home for a few days and back next week - I'm going to start a 4-on 4-off split between here and home. I'll call you in a bit to see if we can work something out.

pcchefjane said:
Why do you wrap them around at all? You don't really need the logo either. You are putting it on a recipe card with TPC and the logo already on it. I am all about not using more ink than I have to! :) I just pick a corner on the front that does not have wording on it.

The labels I used were from a bunch that I had run off for another purpose, I just had them on hand. I put them on the side with the recipe, because I figure that's the side the customer is going to see more often.

I love Linda Child!!!!
Linda, I got new toner for my laser printer today and tried out your recipe card template - LOVE IT!!!
This is going to save me a fortune on labels AND TIME and it looks SO much more professional!
I LOVE YA MAN!!!

pcchefjane said:

That's what I do, too. Sometimes I think the "slapped of affect" draws attention to it. :rolleyes:

I just printed my info on over 100 recipe cards - my office reeks of toner from teh printer going and going and going...I am wheezing from breathing the toner fumes...but dang I am so happy with there awesome looking recipe cards and can;t wait to give 'em out at tomorrow's show!!

Thanks everyone for the great tips! I have not used my printer since I started PC but I think I'm going to hook it up and try our your template Linda! THANKS :D

Sad...I have an inkjet printer so it won't work! I'd love it! Thanks Linda!

pcchefjane said:
Sad...I have an inkjet printer so it won't work! I'd love it! Thanks Linda!

it doesn't work in my ink jet either :(

dannyzmom said:
I just printed my info on over 100 recipe cards - my office reeks of toner from teh printer going and going and going...I am wheezing from breathing the toner fumes...but dang I am so happy with there awesome looking recipe cards and can;t wait to give 'em out at tomorrow's show!!

oh yeah - I forgot about that part :eek: small price to pay though. load up the printer, turn on a fan and leave the room for a while. I love the way they look too, much more professional looking than a label.

pamperedlinda said:
oh yeah - I forgot about that part :eek: small price to pay though. load up the printer, turn on a fan and leave the room for a while. I love the way they look too, much more professional looking than a label.

Yippeee!!!
I am so happy! I had forgotten about all the cards I printed up last night and then I just logged on and saw this message and remembered that I printed up like a zillion nice-lookin' cards last night ! Yay!
Lin - I have a recruiting interview today and a show tonight - wanna try to get together next week?

I may just have to borrow my director's printer!!!

1. What size are the recipe cards?

The recipe cards from Pampered Chef are 4x6 inches in size, which is the standard size for most recipe cards.

2. Can I customize the size of the recipe cards?

Unfortunately, the recipe cards are only available in the standard 4x6 inch size and cannot be customized to a different size.

3. Are the recipe cards made of durable material?

Yes, the recipe cards are made of a thick and durable cardstock material to withstand frequent use in the kitchen.

4. Do the recipe cards come with a protective sleeve?

No, the recipe cards do not come with a protective sleeve. However, you can purchase clear sleeves or storage boxes separately to protect your recipe cards.

5. Can I purchase blank recipe cards?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers blank recipe cards for purchase. They are great for writing down your own personal recipes or giving as gifts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Lexif424