• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Booked Disaster: A Wild Weekend in the World of Party Planning!

In summary, the host's daughter answered the door in just her diaper and the host had to hurry up and do her demo, and one guest showed up.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay so yesterday I doubled booked. I had a show in the @ noon w/12-14 people great turn out. The MIL of the host was a huge heckler, got it, hate it, got rid of it on everything! I made the Tai chic salad, she used literaly 1/2 of my crushed garlic pepercorn seasoning to smell because the salad had no flavor. I also made the straw ches micro cake. She complained about the texture and that I should of baked it, it would of taste better! Then she sat there and just ate whip cream. The good thing was 3 bookings, but one is the MIL's daughter.
:eek: :eek:

Next party yesterday @ 6! I couldn't get ahold of the host till yesterday morn. She didn't pick a menu choice, didn't realize that she had to supply the food, then when I got there only one person showed up and ordered $30. Then come to find out she didn't make any reminder calls!:eek: Also come to find out her DH threw out the host packet twice! One outside order @ $18, so we are almost at $50.

So here is the kicker, I get a referal for a recruit lead, and we decide to do a coming out party as I call it, so she can get kit credit. Now I live in a small town, and I went up in the country to this ladies house today, had to use 4wd to get up her drive way. So I get set up, only 5 people show up. So I am halfway through making the confetti pasta salad, and the host(possible recruit lead asks if she could smoke) I told her that I don't like smoking, and asked if they could wait till I was done demoing. Then a few minutes later, her niece said aunt brenda you didn't ask right, can we smoke marijauna? :eek: :eek: I about had a heart attack, I said please not around me, it gives me a headace. I get a headace from people who reak of it. So they respected that, but they only ordered $96, and she had one order of $60. So at least this qualifies as a show.

However now I have all these pre judgements on this lady, and I am trying not to. Sorry it is so long, I just had to vent because it was so wierd.

Wow!!!! I hate hagglers, I had a lady once argue with me over wether or not the measure all cup would work with molasses.

I can't believe they asked you that!! They should have waited till you left.

My day was odd also, I had a show this afternoon. The host is interested in becoming a consultant, which is great, but I get to her house today, she has a bed and other garbage on the porch, (I'm telling myself I've prejudged) so I knock on the door and her daughter answers the the door in just her diaper, (poopy to boot, which happens with kids but she was still in it when I left!!!!)
The first thing I see is unvaccummed carpet (probally had been weeks) and stained carpet. There is laundry and boxes everywhere, and we won't even go to the kitchen!!! I just wanted to turn around and run :eek: (So I have now prejudged also)

Now the show was supposed to start at 2pm at 2:30 (as I'm packing up) 1 guest shows up. I hurried up and did my demo put me dirty dishes in my bag and left with $0 in sales!!!!!!!! :eek:

The host said about 5 people were no shows and she had family that wanted to order also. I'm beside myself on this one!!

OMG!! I am so sorry about your weekend!! (both of you) I still am dumbfounded about the smoking... now in my younger days, I won't lie, I did that... but I kept it to myself.. and everyone I know did too... never to ask a complete stranger!! What if you were a cop? Doing PC as a hobby, or even your hubby being a cop!! Those are just stupid people asking to get put in jail!! I am so glad that I have grown up and don't do that anymore, I have too much to loose, not to mention my mind!!!And then about the dirty diaper on the poor kid (not to mention the house!!) Now of course, that happens, but my gosh, CHANGE the kid!!! Clean the house. Now my house is by no means spotless, but I am not ashamed for someone to stop by. I live in my home, it is no musuem.. I cannot believe that you had to go to a dirty home (like they didn't know you were coming).. I sure hope you both NEVER have to deal with these folks agian..

Last edited:
Wow! I can't believe that about the marijuana!! That has definitely never happened to me at a show. My jaw is still on the floor.

Those are some of the funniest/wierdest stories I have ever heard! Wow, how brash of the pot smoking host...I can't help but to laugh. Hopefully you won't have other shows like those.

I guess I should add this, we live in Mendocino county. (First county in the US who has made it legal to smoke pot for medicinal use)! I don't know if this shows how naive I am or stupid! Basically a ton of people smoke because they can go get a permission card.

I have never smoked pot in my life, with that said I am one that doesn't care if someone is smoking in their house and it doesn't affect me or mine...now if they go out and drive that is another story!

My Pot SmokerI did several shows in the small town where I went to high school when I first started TPC. I had a couple of people really interested in signing up, mainly because there were absolutely no other consultants in the direct area. The only consultant that was servicing the area lived almost 2 hours away, and was inconsistent.

I showed up at one of the ladies' houses to drop by some information. She KNEW I was coming by, and I was on time (for once :p ). She opened the door, looked shocked, and then just grinned. Literally there was pot smoke pouring out of the house.

Now, I don't want to pre-judge, but I really don't want someone on my team who does that. I was a major pot head back in the day, but this woman is almost 40! Made me really nervous as to follow through, honesty, etc. This was going to be my first recruit...now, I would know how to "sit" on a recruit more, but back then...YIKES!

Needless to say, I was very glad when my other interested lady signed instead. She has become a great friend, just hit her $15,000 in sales, and her business is growing slowly but steadily.

So, anyways, there's my pot story to mix into the ... POT!:D

Well, that may make a small difference.. but just because they "have a note" doesn't mean everyone would be ok with it. I mean, how long had you been there? Were they "that sick" to where they couldn't have done it before you came, and then after you left. It isn't like you were there ALL day and was messing with their schedule.. Ya know.. Oh goodness, it really does take all kinds.:confused: It is just amazing at how some people just don't think.

And, uh, why not go outside and smoke it if they really needed it. That seems to be what cigarette and cigar smokers do... :)

WOW. What an incredible srory. I haven't been with PC that long but I hope I never get put in that type of situation. I can't believe that they asked you if they could smoke pot, I am still stunned. I guess it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.

Wow to both of you. First of all that MIL is a biatch. People have feelings and to sit there and diss your recipe, your products, etc.. figure out now what to say to her b/c you will have to deal with her again (unfortunately).

and about that poor kid, the house and the pot! lol I swear I would've been laughing thinking they were joking. At least you answered them I would've been so dumbfounded! I'm still giggling at myself b/c I really dont know what I would've done! lol

1. What is "Really Wierd Weekend!"?

"Really Wierd Weekend!" is a fun and unique event hosted by Pampered Chef where consultants and customers can come together to learn about new and unusual kitchen gadgets and recipes.

2. When and where is "Really Wierd Weekend!" held?

The event is usually held once a year at our corporate headquarters in Addison, Illinois. The exact date and location may vary, so be sure to check with your consultant or our website for updates.

3. Is "Really Wierd Weekend!" only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "Really Wierd Weekend!" is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and customers. It's a great opportunity to connect with other food lovers and learn about new and unusual kitchen products.

4. Do I need to register for "Really Wierd Weekend!"?

Yes, registration is required for "Really Wierd Weekend!" You can register through your consultant or on our website. Spaces are limited, so be sure to register early to secure your spot.

5. Is there a cost to attend "Really Wierd Weekend!"?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend "Really Wierd Weekend!" The fee covers the cost of materials, demonstrations, and other event expenses. However, the knowledge and fun experiences you'll gain from the event are priceless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • naekelsey