• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Really? I Must Have Been Mistaken?

In summary, the customer ordered a knife block set and booked a show because she had things she needed to get. They had a fire at their house and wanted to replace their kitchen tools with PC tools. The grandpa placed a $3000 order. The host and her boyfriend used the host benefits. And the past host got her 60% off past host item. The show came out to a little over $3000. I called HO today to make sure it was ok to put through because I feared that $4.75 for $3000 looked a little suspiscious. After being transferred 3 times, the last gal I talked to told me that this a cooking show does
vanscootin
Gold Member
So a customer at my show the other night ordered the knife block set... yay... and booked a show because she had things she needed to get... we had her show yesterday... it was me, her, her grandpa, her boyfirend, and the past host. They had a fire at their house and wanted to replace their kitchen tools with PC tools... awesome..... the grandpa placed a $3000 order. The host and her boyfriend used the host benefits. And the past host got her 60% off past host item. Show came out to a little over $3000. I called HO today to make sure it was ok to put through because I feared that $4.75 for $3000 looked a little suspiscious. After being transferred 3 times, the last gal I talked to told me that this a cooking show does not make and I will need to add a few more orders for it to count. Huh?

So is this to say that when we have a bomb show but somehow pull out $150 in orders with 2 people there... that we can not submit it as a show? Did I miss somewhere in the policy guide where there is a mimimum amount of orders needed to count as a show?

Sometimes the people at HO really don't know what they are talking about. If the grandpa legitimately ordered $3000 worth of stuff then what does it matter that it's on one order?

Wow! Well, first of all, congratulations to you! That's amazing!

Secondly - If they don't want it to be one order, I'd split it into two - and eat the $4.75. Your commission on a $3000 show will more than cover it!

Need to add a few more orders to a $3000 show?!! That's ridiculous. I'd call again and see what they say or ask to speak to someone higher up. I'd also call your upline and have them look into it.

I would just submit the way it is. Unless pampered partner plus does not have a problem with it then HO shouldn't either.
Of course he Gramps paid by check I would wait until it clears the bank before submitting. ;)

Just submit it!
Woo hoo on a great show & helping them replace everything from the fire!

Oh and WAY TO GO!!!!

babywings76 said:
Need to add a few more orders to a $3000 show?!! That's ridiculous. I'd call again and see what they say or ask to speak to someone higher up. I'd also call your upline and have them look into it.

I don't think she needs to call again, just submit the show, they will call you if they have a problem with it and you can explain it then.

wadesgirl said:
I don't think she needs to call again, just submit the show, they will call you if they have a problem with it and you can explain it then.

I agree I would submit it and let them call me to explain you don't need to explain right now you are doing your job. Wahoo for you.

The only thing I've heard was that HO needs to be advised of a consultant debit card charge for $5000 or more.

It used to be (way, way long ago before I was a consultant) that you needed 5 orders to make a show. But even that was an "or" option, I think.

NooraK said:
The only thing I've heard was that HO needs to be advised of a consultant debit card charge for $5000 or more.

It used to be (way, way long ago before I was a consultant) that you needed 5 orders to make a show. But even that was an "or" option, I think.

Yes. It was $150 guest sales or 5 orders. I had a $60 show that was legit because it was 5 orders. lol

And I agree. Just submit the show! Congrats!

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. It was $150 guest sales or 5 orders. I had a $60 show that was legit because it was 5 orders. lolAnd I agree. Just submit the show! Congrats!
Oooooo..I can see that opening a can of worms (or confusion). ;)Definitely submit the show. They can't argue with $3000 in sales...gracious.

WOW, all I can say is Amazing and how blessed your family will be with the paycheck. If PC needs 2 orders or more, I'd also split and each that $4.75 S&H and then hey, grandpa can get both the apple wedger and mango wedger free. :)
I don't know why PC would require more than one when with the previous hostess it's 2 orders anyway.

I also would wait until check clears or go directly to that bank to cash the check.

Hopefully you'll get it figured out and again Praise God for an AWESOME SHOW!!:angel::sing:

It's possible that they may put the party on hold and want to check on the order since it's so high. So the guy tells them why he ordered all that. They'll let it through. Don't worry but watch to see if it goes on hold so you can call right away and ask for a supervisor. I agree to make sure the check clears first!

Congrats.

esavvymom said:
Oooooo..I can see that opening a can of worms (or confusion). ;)
Definitely submit the show. They can't argue with $3000 in sales...gracious.

Yeah, and that party was over 70 miles from my house! DH said he would have quit right then. But I got bookings from it that were $500. $700 and over $1000 shows so it was all good in the end. lol

hellllooooo...didn't Last Month they say order the grill pan set and throw in a season's best and it was a show??????
i would just submit it!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Wow, that is awesome!! I would go ahead and submit it. I have sent in plenty of shows with just one order on them and never had a problem.

Not to burst a balloon here but, one order is an individual order. That may be why they are saying no. You may still need to have more than one order before host specials or benefits can be earned. HOWEVER UNDER
"SHOW TYPES
The Pampered Chef® identifies several types of
Shows. Most of your Shows will be Cooking Shows
or Catalog Shows.
Cooking Show
To qualify as a Cooking Show, guest sales
(excluding shipping, handling, tax, and past host
discount) must total a minimum of $150. The
host’s purchases do not count toward guest sales.
If the above requirement is not met, then each
order will be considered an individual order, and
shipping rates will be determined using the
individual shipping schedule.
The past host booking benefit purchase does count
toward guest sales. However, for the past host to be
eligible for the booking benefit, guest sales (excluding
the booking benefit) must first reach $150.
If two people want to co-host a Cooking Show:
• No more than two people can co-host.
• Both hosts must divide the Free Product Value and
half-price items.
• Only one host can select the monthly Host Special
at the original Show.
• At future Shows booked, only one Booking Benefit
can be claimed. Either co-host, but not both, can
purchase the monthly Host Special at each future
booking held within six months.
• Each host receives the earned host discount of up to
30%.
• Each host receives the past 10% host discount.
• Catalog Shows cannot be co-hosted. An
organization may not be listed as the co-host.
Consultants cannot co-host a Show.can be ordered"
It says absolutely nothing about a number of orders. ONLY THE $150 is mentioned and an assumption on HO's part that ALL cooking shows will have more than one order, is their problem and should not be yours. So I say submit it. Especially if the order placed was NOT in the hosts name, per the wording above, there should not be a problem. Make sure you know the wording if you do need to "fight them" on this. If more than one guest order is needed, then it should have been stated here.

I've done several people as their own Catalog Show with no issues. Although I have to admit on this one, I'd consider splitting it up in to two or three catalog shows for more half-priced and 60% off items. To my knowledge, there's no reason why you can't do that. As long as the "guest" doesn't mind getting 3 charges in lieu of 1 charge on his card, it could definitely benefit the host with more half-priced items and more off the host flyer.

It should be 2 orders, right? One from the grandpa with his $3000 and the past host with her 60% off? I have submitted many shows with just 2 orders and it was no problem. Let us know how it goes.

I too would split it and eat the extra shipping. After a $3k order, the least Gramps deserves is an extra wedger!

I do remember that you can't put the entire show on one credit card (unless it's yours.) So YEAH cash that check at the bank where it was drawn!

keril has a good point. If this was booked from someone else, their order would count as another person and another order. Also, splitting it up to two guest orders would still get the same result but with a $4.75 write off for the extra shipping Consultant Gifts you are giving them for such large orders. OR Sheila too has a point also especially if you are trying to earn the luggage. This would give you the 2 shows in September to earn that piece. Neither idea changes your commission amount.

Well, hopefully you've submitted the party and you and the host will soon be reaping the rewards! I understand that it is two orders too: past host and grandpa. If it isn't submitted yet, IMHO I wouldn't split the order into more than one show either. Doing it in one show gives the host mega free $$ ($250 per $1000 over the first $1000) to spend which is more free than three $1k shows; and she still gets 4 half price, etc. Most hosts don't want/need more half price than that and all that free would be so exciting for her. What I would do is after she has spent all her benefits ask her if there was anything else she would have liked to order and then offer those things for half price. It would cost you just 20% on those items after her 30% host discount is applied (pick the cheapest things as the ones you pay the difference on). Your commission is more than 20% on this so you still get something and of course you're getting full commission on the guest orders.Doing it this way is less confusing for the host and guest and is more straight forward and it shows that you really appreciate the order by giving back a little.

Last edited:
I haven't submitted it yet... I'm waiting on the past host's number from her party... just sumbitted that this morning... as soon as I get that the "Big One" is going through.... what I've decided to do is add some pantry items as a guest as a thank you gift.

I really appreciate everyone's input... I don't feel as though I should have to split the orders into different shows (I'm ok on earning all the luggage) and I don't feel I should have had to other orders to it either. 3 grand is 3 grand.

I should have never called HO to warn them/ask questions. I feel like everywhere I turn, policy is different.

vanscootin said:
I haven't submitted it yet... I'm waiting on the past host's number from her party... just sumbitted that this morning... as soon as I get that the "Big One" is going through.... what I've decided to do is add some pantry items as a guest as a thank you gift.

I really appreciate everyone's input... I don't feel as though I should have to split the orders into different shows (I'm ok on earning all the luggage) and I don't feel I should have had to other orders to it either. 3 grand is 3 grand.

I should have never called HO to warn them/ask questions. I feel like everywhere I turn, policy is different.
I think this is smart and seriously.. WAHOOO!!! That is FANTASTIC!!

BethCooks4U said:
Well, hopefully you've submitted the party and you and the host will soon be reaping the rewards! I understand that it is two orders too: past host and grandpa.

If it isn't submitted yet, IMHO I wouldn't split the order into more than one show either. Doing it in one show gives the host mega free $$ ($250 per $1000 over the first $1000) to spend which is more free than three $1k shows; and she still gets 4 half price, etc. Most hosts don't want/need more half price than that and all that free would be so exciting for her. What I would do is after she has spent all her benefits ask her if there was anything else she would have liked to order and then offer those things for half price. It would cost you just 20% on those items after her 30% host discount is applied (pick the cheapest things as the ones you pay the difference on). Your commission is more than 20% on this so you still get something and of course you're getting full commission on the guest orders.

Doing it this way is less confusing for the host and guest and is more straight forward and it shows that you really appreciate the order by giving back a little.

I totally agree with this, the host may not want more 1/2 price or host special items. Maybe they don't want to spend any more out of pocket. There's no reason to submit this show any other way than in it's natural form.

vanscootin said:
...I should have never called HO to warn them/ask questions. I feel like everywhere I turn, policy is different.

I feel like HO should not have given you such a WRONG answer! I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I am thinking the person you spoke to was a) new and thought there was some requirement for more than one buying guest b) didn't understand the details and was too embarrassed to clarify, or c) woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

That's the goofiest answer they gave you. Who pointed out above that HO sent out letters about the grill pan special? One guest buying the special plus a $1 Season's Best was a show?

Great idea on adding some pantry items! And sticking with one show and not splitting it up! Woo hoo! Enjoy that $900 commission, girl!

ShellBeach said:
I feel like HO should not have given you such a WRONG answer! I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I am thinking the person you spoke to was a) new and thought there was some requirement for more than one buying guest b) didn't understand the details and was too embarrassed to clarify, or c) woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

That's the goofiest answer they gave you. Who pointed out above that HO sent out letters about the grill pan special? One guest buying the special plus a $1 Season's Best was a show?

Great idea on adding some pantry items! And sticking with one show and not splitting it up! Woo hoo! Enjoy that $900 commission, girl!

I've noticed that before when I called them. When I was new I called to find out if the host could get the HWC products on her host order. They told me know, it was only for guests. That really didn't make sense to me so I called my director who told me yes.

Doh! Yep, I've gotten nonsense answers, too.
The policy should never be different, but the person answering the phone and interpreting that policy is sometimes not the same. Why someone would think a host couldn't get a guest special I am not sure. Glad to hear your common sense prevailed, wadesgirl.

If P3 allows me to enter stuff, I figure it is correct. They have the programming down pretty tight so mistakes can't get made.

I agree about just submitting it... I am guessing you won't have any trouble putting it through.....

You know you do not have to wait for her to give you the number. Go to CC and use the host look up. all you need is her first and last name and the state where she held the show. That gives the name, Past Host # and the expiration date. Then in P3 add it to the Past Host number on her order - it is to the right on the name and address page of her order. Then I would make sure you have a complete address for her in that order, then update your contacts by simply hitting the button in the right hand column as well.

simply amazing!

pampered1224 said:
You know you do not have to wait for her to give you the number. Go to CC and use the host look up. all you need is her first and last name and the state where she held the show. That gives the name, Past Host # and the expiration date. Then in P3 add it to the Past Host number on her order - it is to the right on the name and address page of her order. Then I would make sure you have a complete address for her in that order, then update your contacts by simply hitting the button in the right hand column as well.

that's exactly what I did... I literally submitted the 2 shows 10 minutes after each other... waited til I could get the PH number.

Oh a good note... all the credit cards went through... and I held my breath everytime the phone rang, since we don't have caller id, thinking it was HO calling to question me.

I think you're worrying needlessly. There is nothing wrong with your shows! That HO person was completely wrong!

You can go on Consultant's Corner and track the status. But you probably know that...I think it shows sumitted, picking, then shipped.

I have had 2 differnt people on 2 different shows order over 1k each and submitted them both with no problems. I would submit it,

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies