• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hanging Up the Apron: My Unexpected Journey Hosting Pampered Chef Parties

ladies I invited would love to come to my next meeting, but I'm not sure if they will want to bring a friend (since they don't know me that well). It's hard when you don't really know everyone there--I had the same experience when I first started and my next door neighbor (a good friend) hosted a show for me. I tried to invite everyone around our block, but I didn't know them and only one of them showed up! Although, after the show one of the other neighbors did place a HUGE order, so don't give up! After you've been in the group a little while, maybe you can either try this again, or have one of these ladies host for you.
Pamperedatlast
In the past month I've had 3 shows cancel (actually 1 rebooked and 1 will rebook, she's waiting for her hubby's health to improve). Not letting that get me down I pushed for some catalogue sales and got enough to count as a show. I then got what I thought was a "brilliant" idea to host my own show and invite all the ladies from my Weight Watchers group and do a mystery host show - Weight Watcher's style. I made up flyers and offered a discount, incentives to have more chances to win the mystery host. I invited about 25 people. I'm new to the group and don't really know anyone. I went out of my comfort zone and approached each person and invited them personally and handed them an invitation.

I got everything set up for my show, planned two low-cal/low-fat salsa recipes and made tortilla chips and pita chips ahead of time ....you get the picture.

And then NO ONE showed up. I have two shows booked in September. I really love PC, but today I'm feeling like if my September shows don't do well, I'll just have to hang up my apron.

I'm really grateful for this group. I know I'm not the only one who's gone through this, and knowing that really helps alot.

Dont get discouraged. This happens to everyone. After you handed out the invites, did you follow up? People have a lot on their minds nowadays, people tend to forget. The best thing to do is call people a day or two ahead. Since they didnt show up, now is the time to call each and tell them you missed them at your show but were they still interested in placing an order? You never know, they may all be sorry they couldnt come but still want something. Even if all 25 by $10 worth you will have a $250 show! Let us all know what happens and good luck!

Motivational tapesYou know, I wish PC gave out motivational tapes for days just like this!! :eek:
Thank goodness for this board, which is the next best thing!
I'm sorry things seem to be going so badly this month. The Weight Watchers idea was really good--but it IS hard when you don't really know everyone there--I had the same experience when I first started and my next door neighbor (a good friend) hosted a show for me. I tried to invite everyone around our block, but I didn't know them and only one of them showed up! Although, after the show one of the other neighbors did place a HUGE order, so don't give up! After you've been in the group a little while, maybe you can either try this again, or have one of these ladies host for you.
(You might want to bring a sample of whatever you prepared to the next meeting--that might get their interest going!)
Good luck!
D.C.

Last edited:
Did you tell these ladies that they could bring a friend? They probably did not attend because they don't know you that well. It was probably out of their comfort zone. When you were personally tell them, did anyone sound interested. If they all sounded interested, I would try it again maybe the end of September. Get really excited about it. Tell them, it would be great if they brought a friend. And let them know you will be preparing recipes from the PC cookbook "It's Good For You". Someone posted somewhere on this site, weight watcher points for PC recipes. Find that thread and use that as leverage too. Did anyone have your phone number to get back to you if they could not make it? Make sure you follow up with them and stress how important it is that they gt back to you if they cannot make it. Theme your party for Weight Watchers, and make it fun for them. Maybe you will get some bookings out of it. Hope I helped.

Debbie :D

Thanks for the great suggestions and support ladies. The bright side to this is that I was able to speak to people individually and let them know that I'm a PC consultant.

I know the leader and one receptionist at the Weight Watcher's meeting from a loooong time ago when I was a receptionist there. They were a bit apprehensive and I found out why -- one of their receptionists was a PC consultant and was struggling financially so a bunch of them bought a lot from her to help her out. It wasn't so much that they really wanted to buy ...but they felt an obligation - and I think they didn't want that to happen with me too.

I'm sure the new Fall line will peak some interest, and I do have 2 parties booked for September - wish me luck!

Hello! Im a NEWBIE!!I am hoping that maybe someone can explain to me what I need to be doing. I pay for my Starter Kit on Thursday and want to know what I can be doing in the mean time. I am SOOO excited and cant wait! I already have all my shows for Sept. booked!(4 Kitchen and 2 Catalog) and I have a catalog order already. What do I do now?? LOL!! Help!! :)

1. How did you get started with hosting Pampered Chef parties?

I actually started out as a Pampered Chef customer and fell in love with the products. I was always recommending them to friends and family, so I decided to host a party to earn some free products. After that, I was hooked and became a consultant!

2. What makes hosting a Pampered Chef party different from other direct sales companies?

One of the main differences is that Pampered Chef parties are focused on cooking and sharing delicious recipes. It's not just about selling products, but also about teaching and learning new cooking techniques. Plus, our products are high-quality and have a lifetime guarantee.

3. How do you handle the pressure of hosting a successful party?

The key is to stay organized and plan ahead. I always make sure to have all the necessary ingredients and tools ready before the party starts. I also like to have a few backup recipes in case something goes wrong. And most importantly, I try to have fun and make the guests feel comfortable.

4. Can anyone host a Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! Anyone can host a party, whether you're a seasoned home cook or a beginner. Our consultants are trained to provide step-by-step instructions and tips, so everyone can have a successful party. Plus, hosting a party is a great way to earn free products and have a fun night with friends and family.

5. What inspired you to write "Hanging Up the Apron: My Unexpected Journey Hosting Pampered Chef Parties"?

I wanted to share my personal experience with hosting Pampered Chef parties and how it has impacted my life in unexpected ways. I also wanted to provide tips and advice for anyone interested in hosting a party or becoming a consultant. It's a fun and informative read for anyone interested in the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • melissaboyd