• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did My Whisk Fail Me While Making Touchdown Taco Dip?

In summary, Paula recommends that if the cream cheese is too thick, it is difficult to mix with a whisk. She also recommends that the cream cheese be softened in the microwave before using it. The chef on the cooking show recommended using a utensil known as a "mix-n-scraper."
pelamm
The other night I was whisking together my cream cheese, sour cream, and seasoning for Touchdown Taco Dip, and it all basically stuck inside my whisk. So I ended up having to dig it all out with the edge of my mini spatula. What could I have done to prevent this?

Thanks.

Paula in TN

I think it's more the temperature of your cream cheese than it is the whisk. Cream cheese is a really difficult cheese to mix unless it has been allowed to really soften. Try keeping it out of the fridge until it comes to room temperature. It should then be soft enough to mix with your whisk.

Hope this helps,
Steph

Good question. I normally reserve the wisk for more liquidy things that have the consistancy of pancake batter or brownie batter. Not so sure on the thicker things.

I have had the same problem before. You just have to make sure your cream cheese is really soft!

I was worried I had it out TOO long! LOL. Maybe I should have just used the mix-n-scraper to cream it together.

I always soften my cream cheese in the microwave first.

I have had the same problem but if you pop the cream cheese in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds to soften it and it whisks easily!

After a show that I had to dig cream cheese out of the whisk I happened to see a cooking show on TV where the chef was doing the exact same thing to get the cream cheese out of his whisk! Now I say that even professional chefs do it this way (if it sticks) and I boast that they have now learned a tip that even some of the TV chefs don't evidently know if it doesn't stick!

I feel less stupid now. :)

What is a "Really Dumb Whisk"?

The "Really Dumb Whisk" is a kitchen tool sold by Pampered Chef that has a unique design with silicone loops instead of traditional metal wires. It is used for mixing and whisking ingredients in a bowl or pan.

What makes the "Really Dumb Whisk" different from a regular whisk?

The main difference between the "Really Dumb Whisk" and a regular whisk is its silicone loops. These loops are more flexible and gentle on delicate surfaces, making it perfect for use on non-stick pans and ceramic bowls. It also creates less noise while whisking.

Can the "Really Dumb Whisk" be used for hot liquids?

Yes, the "Really Dumb Whisk" is heat resistant up to 428°F, so it can be used for hot liquids without any issues. However, it is always recommended to use caution and not leave the whisk in hot liquids for an extended period of time.

Is the "Really Dumb Whisk" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Really Dumb Whisk" is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing with warm soapy water is recommended to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils on the silicone loops.

What are some ways to use the "Really Dumb Whisk"?

The "Really Dumb Whisk" can be used for various tasks in the kitchen, such as whisking eggs, mixing pancake batter, making salad dressings, and even breaking up ground meat while cooking. Its unique design also makes it great for scraping the bottom of a pan while mixing. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies
Views
Ginger428