• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Lack of Bookings? Learn How to Boost Your Party Success!

In summary, D.C. was feeling pretty bummed out and uncertain about her business. She tried to focus on hosting benefits and getting people booked for her shows. She emphasized hosting benefits and her challenge to her hosts. She ended with a reminder to book shows.
Deborah Czarnecki
I'm feeling pretty bummed out right now. After a totally empty August, I had 4 shows booked for Sept. I've done two of them, and sales-wise they were both quite successful. Both had about 10 people there.
And I didn't get one booking. :(
I have two more shows next week, but then nothing.
I can't help but wonder if it's me? I mean, some of these people reallly loved PC and seemed to have a good time....I don't know. I mean, TWO parties with not one booking?
Anyone out there who gets bookings at parties--PLEASE tell me what you say?? Do you play it cool? Really pump it up? Explain all the benefits? Focus on anything?
I'm getting desperate and starting to wonder if this is business for me.
If anyone has advice I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
D.C.

Try to stick with itBeing new to Pampered Chef as well, I can understand your frustration and uncertainty in the business. The only thing I can do, is tell you what I did. I called absolutely everyone that I knew and explained to them that I had started my own business and that I really needed their help in making it a success. I tried to focus on those people that I may not really be close to, since if they book a party I wont know everyone that attends and that will lead to a bigger circle of people that I dont know if they book a show. At my first kitchen show, I had one booking. Which when I was driving home after the show, I was a little disappointed, cause I wanted more...but really just to get 1 booking from my first show was great. I had done the "points game"; throughout the show, guests earned points for having different products, or sharing tips, bringing a guest, etc., well it got pretty competitive and for the last offer of points I said "Okay, this next question is worth 500 points, and will surely decide the winner..who here will book a show from our host Crystal tonight?" and there was one lady that really wanted to win, so she raised her hand and booked for November. At my second show, I had 2 bookings and I didnt play the points game, but I got lucky and had a couple who had no PC products and really want to get some at host benefit, so they booked in October and already have $300 in outside orders and they are 2 weeks out for their show. The other booking was a past consultant who wants the roasting pan.
I have really emphasized the hosting benefits when I call all of the people that I know. And the fact that I need their help to make my business a success. Of course there have been people to tell me no, or not now, but I will just keep them in mind for the future. Out of the 40 people that I called, 13 people booked kitchen shows and 3 booked catalog shows. My October is filled and I have 4 in November and will hopefully book Nov. and Dec. from my October shows.
Get your name out, drop catalogs off all over town. Put up flyers in grocery stores. Get a friend that works in a large office or business to do a catalog show. You could also ask your director/recruiter for more ideas.
I hope that you stick it out and figure out what works for you. I know this was a long reply, but I hope it helps. :)

an ideaI always try to make it a game with my hosts. I like to challenge them to get more bookings from their show than I do. If they tell me the names of the people who want to book before I get to the show & then I get less bookings than they did..sometimes I will offer to pay their tax or give them another item at 1/2 off.

I would go back to those 20 people from your first shows and issue them that same challenge. Just say, "I'm working to build my business & was wondering if I offered you a special that I'm running, if you would be interested."

Good luck!! Just keep on plugging & try not to get discouraged in the down times. They happen to all of us.

BookingsI was in the same boat. What helped me was in the way I worded things. I used to say things like, "If you book a show..." Now I say, " When you schedule your show..." During the presentation I talk about the theme shows I offer and stress how incredibly fun they are. I explain host benifits.And at the end i don't ask if they would like to schedule a show. I have a list of dates for them to pick from and I say, "Which one of these dates would you like to pick for your show?" Obviously, not everyone is going to do a show but since I have started wording it this way I haven't walked away without bookings. Now I get from 1-5 bookings per show, where I used to get 0. I know it sounds pushy but if you give people an easy out they will take it. Just remember they are not doing you a favor. You are providing a useful service to them, they are the ones who are going to be getting all the free stuff! Hope this helps.

I know how you feel!I just recently joined as a Consultant (beginning of Sept) and I too am finding it a little difficult to get bookings. I did a Bridal Exztravaganza and a craft fair with my recruiter and to my surprise, she thinks I am her good luck charm because she says we've received more leads than before I joined. Still, the only shows I have booked so far are from two of my best friends. I'm hoping things will get better once I have the shows, as I am thinking that maybe I can get some new leads from their guests. The Bridal show produced 35 leads and only 3 seemed like they really, really wanted to book a show. I have even left flyers on every door in my neighborhood thinking that might stir up some business, but no luck thus far. :confused:

Hopefully we'll be getting more business soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Have you tried mailing out the mini-catalogs? I mailed about 35-40 ofHave you tried mailing out the mini-catalogs? I mailed about 35-40 of them out and I have gotten several leads. I called them all about a week after I mailed them. I put a little note in each one telling them that I just started this business and I really would appreciate their help getting it off and running. I did a show last week for a friend of mine and the sales were over $700.00. If you sit down and think of all the people you know I am sure you will be able to mail out a lot of them. Good Luck

Chef Michelle D said:
Have you tried mailing out the mini-catalogs? I mailed about 35-40 of them out and I have gotten several leads. I called them all about a week after I mailed them. I put a little note in each one telling them that I just started this business and I really would appreciate their help getting it off and running.
And remember that we will be able to order a NEW mini-catalog starting October 3 with gift ideas! I'm going to use that one big time to send out to businesses and past hosts and preferred customers. It'll also be part of my host packet for all shows the rest of the season.

1. How can I increase my bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There are a few strategies you can try to boost your party success and increase your bookings. First, make sure you are regularly reaching out to potential hosts and customers through social media, email, and in-person interactions. Be enthusiastic and confident in promoting your parties and the products you offer. Additionally, consider offering incentives or rewards for hosting a party or booking a party during a specific time period. You can also try hosting themed parties or partnering with other local businesses to reach a larger audience.

2. What can I do if I consistently have low attendance at my Pampered Chef parties?

If you are having trouble with low attendance at your parties, it may be helpful to evaluate your communication and marketing strategies. Make sure you are effectively promoting your parties and providing all the necessary details (date, time, location, etc.) to potential guests. You can also try offering virtual or online parties for those who may not be able to attend in person. Additionally, make sure you are following up with guests after the party to encourage future bookings.

3. How can I make my Pampered Chef parties more engaging and fun for guests?

One way to make your parties more engaging and fun is to incorporate interactive activities or games into the event. For example, you could have guests participate in a recipe challenge using Pampered Chef products or do a blind taste test with different dips or sauces. You can also offer product demonstrations, cooking tips, and recipe ideas to keep guests interested and entertained.

4. What should I do if I am feeling discouraged by my lack of bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant?

It is natural to feel discouraged at times, but don't let it stop you from pursuing your goals as a Pampered Chef consultant. Instead, try to focus on the positive aspects of your business and the successes you have had so far. Reach out to other consultants or your upline for support and advice. You can also attend training events or join online communities to learn new strategies and stay motivated.

5. How can I use social media to boost my Pampered Chef party success?

Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your parties and reaching a larger audience. Make sure you are regularly posting about your parties and sharing photos and videos of your products in action. You can also create a Facebook event for your party and invite friends and followers to join. Additionally, consider running social media ads or partnering with influencers to reach new potential guests. Remember to always include a call-to-action in your posts, encouraging people to book a party or place an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • Deborah Czarnecki
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ponvn591