• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disastrous Kitchen Mishap: Broken Bar Pan After Only 29 Days! | Read My Story

In summary, a consultant shares her experience of her large bar pan breaking while cooking refrigerator biscuits for dinner. She is disappointed as it is her only pan and she has a show this weekend. Other consultants suggest calling customer support for a replacement, borrowing a pan from a team member or host, or using the host's pan for the show. It is noted that frozen foods can be used on stoneware but not pre-heated. The consultant expresses her love for Pampered Chef products and mentions the company's great return policy.
Kellysays2u
I was cooking some refrigerator biscuits tonight to go with dinner for when my fiance got home from work. Was cooking them in the oven at 375 when all of a sudden I hear a pop. Look in the oven and my large bar pan is broke clear in half :( Its the only one I have and I needed it for a show this weekend as I am a new consultant and don't really have anything else to cook with right now. I had a gut feeling not to use it... I usually don't too cook our own food as I like to keep the stuff separate and nicer looking. But I was feeling lazy and our other cookie sheet was dirty and after trick or treating didn't feel like doing the dishes right away. Well now I am wishing I hadn't.... but I guess if it was going to break its better at home then at a show. I have only had it for 29 days now and it already broke... Has anyone else had this issue? I am really a little angry to be honest as I promote them so much only to have it break.....

Were they refrigerator bisquits or frozen? Should not have happened if they were refrigerator bisquits, but might have if frozen. Instructions say not to place frozen items on the stones. If you've only had it for 29 days, call customer support ASAP , let them know and they will send a replacement. Did it come in your kit? They will need some of the information like your consultant number, and that it came in your kit, etc. It will probably not get to you for your weekend show, but they are pretty good about sending it out right away especially if you tell them you need it for the weekend. Don't throw out the pan- it's warrantied , and they may need you to send a piece of it in. I love my bar pan and use it often. Good luck, and welcome to the business!

Last edited:
It's not normal for that to happen. Every now and then there may be a stone with a hairline crack or flaw to it and it will break. Usually if that's the case it will break in the first several uses. The good thing is that it did it tonight at home instead of at your upcoming party! See about borrowing one from your recruiter or director, or see if your host has one. Stones last a LONG time unless it has a hairline crack like yours probably had.You can use frozen foods on a stone...just be sure you aren't pre-heating a stone first though. You shouldn't put dense, frozen foods on a stone such as a chicken pot pie sitting on top of a stone to bake, or a frozen hunk of meat. Frozen hash browns, tater tots, chicken nuggets/patties/tenders, frozen pizzas, etc. are all fine to do. You also need to be sure that the amount of food to be cooked is in proportion to the stone you are using. Go to CC and do an online adjustment or call HO.

Yeah I never pre-heat my stones and it was refigerated biscuits so it was cold but not that cold. And I had spread them out all evenly. I am guessing you are right about the fracture. I am calling my director tomorrow to see if she has one or if she can see if someone on our team closer to me has one. Or my show on saturday is with a SUPER close friend so I could ask her too. I am sure she would be understanding and she has had stones for YEARS so she knows its not normal. I will find some way to do the show :) Either way I love pampered chef products I think I was just really sad that it broke. Moment of disapointment/anger over... At least we have an AMAZING return procedure and policy :)

Depending on where you are at, you can call HO in the morning and they may be able to get it out to you in time for your show this weekend.It does happen with stoneware, the nice thing is stoneware as a three year warranty and they will replace them!You can ask your friend and it would be one less piece you have to bring.

One of the tricks to "Carry Less, Sell More" is to use the products your host already has. Perhaps your host has the large bar pan. If so, use hers!

Yes, call HO and tell them you NEED the replacement stone for a show this weekend. I don't know where you are, but here in the Atlanta area, it takes HO two days to ship items via FedEx. If I were to call them today, I'd have the new stone in time for the show.

NooraK said:
Yes, call HO and tell them you NEED the replacement stone for a show this weekend. I don't know where you are, but here in the Atlanta area, it takes HO two days to ship items via FedEx. If I were to call them today, I'd have the new stone in time for the show.

Agreed...I'd call them ASAP on it...

minirottie said:
Agreed...I'd call them ASAP on it...

Yes. And they wil send it right away (not waiting for yours to get back to them) because you are a consultant. Since you are in your first 30 days the stone arrived within the 30 days that they will send a call ticket to get it too so you won't have to pay to ship it back to them. If it had to happen this was the best time AND like you said, better at home than at a show.

Use your products at home so that you can talk about things you do with them at your shows. I didn't let anyone in the family touch my PC products until I became a consultant (and actually not immediately then either). What a mistake! Now they are all about how great the products are and I have a ton of stories to share with my customers...

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. And they wil send it right away (not waiting for yours to get back to them) because you are a consultant. Since you are in your first 30 days the stone arrived within the 30 days that they will send a call ticket to get it too so you won't have to pay to ship it back to them. If it had to happen this was the best time AND like you said, better at home than at a show.

Use your products at home so that you can talk about things you do with them at your shows. I didn't let anyone in the family touch my PC products until I became a consultant (and actually not immediately then either). What a mistake! Now they are all about how great the products are and I have a ton of stories to share with my customers...

Forgot to mention this earlier, you want to use your products at home because the more you use them and the more things you learn and can do with them the more you can pass onto your customers!

I've had my two round stones for probably 13 years and have never had any issues with either of them. We've cooked everything from frozen biscuits, to pizza rolls, to fish sticks, to cookies, plus much more that I can't even think of at the moment and have never had a problem. I agree that your bar pan must have had a crack in it. Hopefully HO can get you a replacement asap and you can continue using it both at home and for your shows. People love the fact that I use my products both at home and at shows. It shows to them that I love our products that much!

Thank you again everyone. I don't know what happened really either as I hadn't used it "wrong". My mom and friends all have stones from YEARS ago so I guess I knew it wasn't "normal" just was frustrated I guess :( But very happy as with talking to HO it should be here in time and if not my director is willing to rescue me :) Thank you for letting me know that you all use your products at home as well. I guess with me still not having a kitchen full I am afraid of things breaking or just not looking there best...

Kellysays2u said:
Thank you again everyone. I don't know what happened really either as I hadn't used it "wrong". My mom and friends all have stones from YEARS ago so I guess I knew it wasn't "normal" just was frustrated I guess :(

But very happy as with talking to HO it should be here in time and if not my director is willing to rescue me :)

Thank you for letting me know that you all use your products at home as well. I guess with me still not having a kitchen full I am afraid of things breaking or just not looking there best...

I've had a few stones for over 5 years and some newer ones. Only one had cracked on me (actually DH!) in the oven. Also be careful of the way you store them. They can get fractures if you accidentally hit the edge of one against something else.

Don't be afraid of the product looking used, then your guests know you really use them. My easy ready measuring cups are all scratched up but I can show them that even though they are all scratched up the numbers are still there!

i tell the guests that i don't have a double set of products and the ones i am using at the show are used by me everyday. I think it shows how much i use them and love them. it also shows the seasoning that a stone gets after repeated use.

What is the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee?

The "Really Disappointed..." guarantee is a promise from Pampered Chef to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with their purchases. If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, we will do everything we can to make it right.

What products are covered under the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee?

All Pampered Chef products are covered under the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee. This includes cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and even our cookbooks.

How do I take advantage of the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee?

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or through our website. They will work with you to find a solution, whether it's a replacement, exchange, or refund.

Is there a time limit for using the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee?

No, there is no time limit for utilizing the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee. We want our customers to be happy with their purchases, no matter when they were made.

Do I need to provide a receipt or proof of purchase for the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee?

No, you do not need to provide a receipt or proof of purchase to utilize the "Really Disappointed..." guarantee. We stand by the quality of our products and will work with you to find a solution, even if you no longer have your receipt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • ChefJessica95765
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies