• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready for "The Switch" and I Need Advice.

In summary, the conversation is about switching to P3 and when is the best time to do it. There is also a discussion about the features of P3, such as not having to manually enter PHD numbers and integrating it with PWS. Some participants have already started using P3 and have encountered some bugs, while others are waiting until after conference to make the switch. There is a mention of the importance of backing up PP before installing P3 and the suggestion to add hosts to contacts for automatic updates. Overall, the conversation highlights the excitement and hesitation surrounding the transition to P3.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I think I am ready to switch to P3. When should I do it? With my next show, next month... just not sure. AND is there anything I should or shouldn't do?

Hey ANne, I still haven't switched. I think I'm waiting to see what they have to say at Conference.

You are SO BRAVE. I'll be watching and waiting to see how it goes. . .and then maybe I'll take the plunge.

Switch as soon as possible before the end of the month so that you are not stressed while you begin to use it...OR wait until the beginning of the month.

I've been using it since the beginning and I love it. It is very different, but if you use computers fairly regularly, I think you'll do fine.

Remember to install it by "opening" the CD (right click on the drive on "my computer"), then double click PPP.

Good luck and let us know if/when you encounter any problems so that you don't get frustrated. :)

You don't even want to know where my mind wandered with "the switch" tonight! (KG would be proud!) Apparently, I'm more tired than I thought!! heehee!

Make sure you back up PP right before you install P3, so that you have the latest and greatest of your data. There's only one opportunity to import from PP, too.

When we got P3 they said that we could install P3 but still use PP. Then when we are ready to switch we need to delete P3 and reinstall it with the newest data. So we do have more than one chance to transfer data from PP but once we use P3 we can't go back to PP because the data added to P3 would be lost.

I have played some with P3 and have it on the computer so that if any new consultants have questions I can see what they are talking about but I don't plan on using it myself until after conference and I would prefer to wait until the director reports are added to P3 (even though the reports on the PC website are great there is still one I use a lot on PP).

The Director reports aren't in P3 yet, but they've really done a fantastic job getting the other PP reports ported over. Including labels! There are a few little glitches (whenever I do a customer report it seems to alphabetize by first name, even when I select last name), but it's getting better.

My favorite part? It's silly, but not having to enter PHD numbers manually.
Now if they'd only integrate it with PWS so we don't have to manually enter show orders (and so that online orders show up on the Monthly Sales Diary).

chefann said:
..............My favorite part? It's silly, but not having to enter PHD numbers manually.
Now if they'd only integrate it with PWS so we don't have to manually enter show orders (and so that online orders show up on the Monthly Sales Diary).
Hey Ann, Lately, I've had to do this manually. Do know if there's been a problem? Isn't it supposed to do it automatically when it boots-up?

It is. I haven't validated mine, but I'll do that when I go home.

Do you have an open internet connection when you start it up? If you're not connected, it can't get to HO to download the numbers. (Not that I think you'd forget, but sometimes it's the little things that we overlook and cause problems.)

Yes, the host numbers is the most exciting part to me too. But I'll still wait until a few more bugs are worked out. I think they are smart to have new consultants using it so they don't have to do a switch. They don't know how PP worked so they don't miss or notice the things that those who have used PP would.

Funny, I am usually among the first and most anxious to try the new but in this case I am probably being over conservative.

chefann said:
It is. I haven't validated mine, but I'll do that when I go home.

Do you have an open internet connection when you start it up? If you're not connected, it can't get to HO to download the numbers. (Not that I think you'd forget, but sometimes it's the little things that we overlook and cause problems.)
I figured it out. I thought that my hosts were automatically added to my contacts when I added their show info (they are not) it will only make the update if they are added to your contacts.

BethCooks4U said:
Yes, the host numbers is the most exciting part to me too. But I'll still wait until a few more bugs are worked out. I think they are smart to have new consultants using it so they don't have to do a switch. They don't know how PP worked so they don't miss or notice the things that those who have used PP would.

Funny, I am usually among the first and most anxious to try the new but in this case I am probably being over conservative.

That's me too, Beth! My DH always says I'm the only person he knows who actually loves change! It drives him crazy sometimes - because he likes everything the same all the time! And now, I have a 3 yr old who is just like him!

But I digress - sorry, really didn't mean to hijack!

For some reason, with this switch from PP to P3, I have been uncharacteristically hesitant to change.

Sorry I haven't been here... I didn't get notices that you guys had posted. Sorry!!

Did you make the switch yet?

Not yet... I have a show to close and then I thought maybe I should just wait until after conf.

I bet there'll be an updated installer in the Fall changeover packs that come out after Conference.

When do you think that Pampered Partner will be no more and we will be forced to switch?

In P3, I used to be able to highlight and cut and paste data from a past show order into an e-mail . Now, since some online updates were applied by PC, that data is locked after the show closes. No way to highlight and copy and paste into e-mail or make any changes to the info--for ex. if you find you have always had the wrong phone # on the party data-IT WON"T LET YOU CHANGE IT NOW. I'm sure it protects from mistakes somehow, but I find the change very inconvenient.

almondfarm said:
When do you think that Pampered Partner will be no more and we will be forced to switch?
Maybe another year or so.

chefann said:
Maybe another year or so.
Someone said with the next season. Did anyone else hear that? Maybe Laura on the Tech committee?

No word yet has come down on my side of when PP will be no more... I bet I'll learn more in July/August when the new "term" starts! :D

The last time there were 2 versions, there was at least a year overlap.

chefjwr said:
In P3, I used to be able to highlight and cut and paste data from a past show order into an e-mail . Now, since some online updates were applied by PC, that data is locked after the show closes. No way to highlight and copy and paste into e-mail or make any changes to the info--for ex. if you find you have always had the wrong phone # on the party data-IT WON"T LET YOU CHANGE IT NOW. I'm sure it protects from mistakes somehow, but I find the change very inconvenient.

Yes - that little detail is in my notebook of things I'd like to see them change... it's one of the updates I am not happy with.
In the meantime, email tech support by going to Consultants Corner:
>Managing Your Business
>Home Office Contacts
>Home Office Emails
>Pampered Partner and Web Support

Email them and request that they change those fields back.
Did anyone else notice that during one of the updates they messed up the phone number field to not allow "paste"? So if a customer orders online, you can't "paste" her phone number in P3 anymore.

The more emails they get about that kind of stuff, the more likely they are to hop in to the program and change that tidbit. ;)

1. How can I prepare for "The Switch" with Pampered Chef?

To prepare for "The Switch" with Pampered Chef, make sure you have a clear understanding of the products and services offered by the company. Familiarize yourself with the compensation plan and attend training sessions to learn more about the business. It is also important to have a positive attitude and be open to learning and growing with the company.

2. What is the best way to approach potential customers about "The Switch" to Pampered Chef?

The best way to approach potential customers about "The Switch" to Pampered Chef is to showcase the benefits and value of the products and services offered. Be genuine and passionate about the products and share personal experiences or testimonials from satisfied customers. Also, offer any special promotions or discounts that may be available to entice them to make the switch.

3. How can I make the transition to Pampered Chef smoother for my current customers?

To make the transition to Pampered Chef smoother for your current customers, communicate with them about the switch and assure them that they will continue to receive the same quality products and services they have come to expect. Offer any special incentives or discounts for their loyalty and make the transition process as seamless as possible for them.

4. What kind of support can I expect from Pampered Chef during "The Switch"?

Pampered Chef provides extensive support during "The Switch" for its consultants. This includes training and resources to help you understand and promote the products and services, as well as support from fellow consultants and company leaders. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's customer service team for any questions or concerns you may have.

5. How can I maximize my success during "The Switch" with Pampered Chef?

To maximize your success during "The Switch" with Pampered Chef, it is important to be proactive and dedicated to your business. Utilize all the resources and support offered by the company, and continuously promote and educate yourself on the products and services. Also, be open to feedback and constantly strive to improve and grow as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Shawnna
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • kristina16marie