• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Ever Tried Cooking Outdoors in the Florida Heat and Humidity?

In summary, Jean's best July shows were both outside in very high humidity and hot. She is 8 months pregnant and the voice in her head kept saying "you can do this, you can do this."
jeanlewis13
Gold Member
:eek::eek:Dear Friends,
(This really relates to our high heat AND humidity here in Florida.)

Just thought I would give you a smile for the day and tell you what I learned at my host's cooking show yesterday.

#1. DO NOT let your host talk you into doing the show outdoors at 12-noon in July!
#2. DO NOT agree to do the "Chicken Your Way" on their gas grill outdoors at 12 noon in July!
#3. DO NOT try to wear rubber gloves (to keep your hands "sanitary") when cooking on a gas grill outdoors at 12 noon in July! The gloves tend to melt to your hands.
#4. DO NOT have ANY open containers of food - it just draws flies!
#5. DO NOT expect to stay dry and looking fresh when doing a cooking show outdoors at 12 noon in July.
#6. Do NOT try to use bamboo skewers with name tags on labels to know whose chicken is whose. (a) The labels - and skewers - can burn and (b) They tend to purposely dive for the cracks in the grill grate/racks. Several of the ones I carefully made by hand committed suicide yesterday.
#7 DO use the Square Cool and Serve Tray to keep the deviled eggs cold. It amazed the guests.
#8. DO loan your host your Mix and Serve Pitchers for Lemonade. Be sure to let the host use the 1-gal size for the Sangria!
#9. DO remember your Ice Bucket. Just remember to actually USE it! :(
#10. DO remember to have a good time even as the Wicked Witch voice from OZ whispers in your brain every minute "I'm melting. I'm melting!"

OK, folks. Lesson for the day is over!
Jean

Last edited:
That's hilarious!

P.S. you might want to edit your post to take out the direct link to your PWS since it's not allowed. Looks like your post may have been copied from an email, so I don't know if you realized it was there.

That is very funny.* Thank you for sharing

Thanks, NooraK, I DID copy and paste and forgot about all the info I accidentally included. PS. #11 = DO NOT allow your host's husband to light 6 - 8 Tiki Torches; otherwise, you will have to wash EVERYTHING you have with you, whether you used it or not, to get off the specks of black soot from the tikis.

Last edited:
Oh no! I've promised my July 24 host pizza on the grill. And it's humid in Ohio as well!

RE: Read, Laugh, Learn show
For all who "felt my pain" I wanted to let you know that the sales topped $1,000 and the host technically received $415 in free products! But, she refused to spend the extra $200 and "gave it to me". WOW! What a great host! I got the Stir Fry Skillet!
I'm hoping to earn the rest of the cookware this month with a show of my own. I'm half-way there already with outside orders. TPC was the best investment I have ever made!
PS. I had an $1100+ show on July 30th! Slow summer? Not for me! Tooting my own horn because I am so amazed!

Good for you Jean! Sound like you are having a blazing summer!! Congratulations!!

Wahoo Jean! Sounds like you're really "cooking"! {sorry, couldn't resist :) }

Way to go! Maybe hot shows outside IS the way to go? My 2 best July shows($800 and $1400) were outside in 90 degree heat with very high humidity. I may want to also mention I am 8 months pregnant. The voice in my head just kept saying, "you can do this, you can do this" Even funnier- at the second show ($1400) I was standing on her pool deck for my demo. I seriously considered making it look like I fell in just so I could stop melting!

Do you suppose folks buy more just to get it over with and get back in the AC? :D Just kidding - I'm sure it is because of your AWESOME shows!

What is "Read, Learn, Laugh!"?

"Read, Learn, Laugh!" is a series of books and cooking classes offered by Pampered Chef that combines delicious recipes, valuable cooking tips, and humorous anecdotes to make cooking and learning fun for everyone.

Who can participate in "Read, Learn, Laugh!"?

Anyone can participate in "Read, Learn, Laugh!"! Our books and cooking classes are designed for people of all ages and skill levels, so whether you're a beginner in the kitchen or an experienced cook, there's something for everyone to enjoy.

What types of recipes are included in "Read, Learn, Laugh!"?

"Read, Learn, Laugh!" features a variety of recipes from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and drinks. Our recipes are inspired by different cuisines and use high-quality Pampered Chef products to help you create delicious meals at home.

Are the cooking classes in "Read, Learn, Laugh!" in-person or virtual?

Both options are available for our cooking classes in "Read, Learn, Laugh!" We offer in-person classes at various locations and also have virtual classes that you can attend from the comfort of your own home. Simply choose the option that works best for you!

Can I purchase "Read, Learn, Laugh!" products online?

Yes, you can purchase "Read, Learn, Laugh!" books and cooking classes online through our website. Just visit our "Read, Learn, Laugh!" page and browse through our selection of products. You can also purchase them through our consultants at cooking parties or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
almondfarm
Replies
Views
chefann