• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Know Warranties Reset to Original Purchase Date After Replacement?

In summary, after replacing an item, the warranty time falls back to the original purchase date to prevent customers from continuously getting new replacements. This may seem unfair, but it makes sense to avoid abuse of the warranty system.
reba515
that after replacing an item the warranty time falls back to the original purchase date!!

so in other words I just did a replacement on a Micro-plane grater it was orginally purchased in 2005 with a 3 year warranty, so 2 years have passed Now when she gets her new one it will only have a 1 year warranty (what is left from the orginal)

This makes no sense to me if a product has a 3 year warranty it should be 3 years from when the customer GETS it !

It makes sense if you think of the fact that someone otherwise could essentially keep sending it back after 2 years forever having a new one.

I thought the same as you once but then I thought if there were 2 guests that bought the same item at a show one has no problem the second is broken after 2 years then in the fourth year the first ones breaks not under warrant only to find out their friend got an extended warranty by having it replaced once. So it goes by the purchase date and they didn't repurchase an item they got it free (replaced but free).

yeah I suppose...I think i was more mad because the lady at HO was such a witch to me! :)

I feel ya on the warranty. That happened to us with our car, we thought when we were getting "extended" warranty is was from the day we bought it... nope of course when we started having transmission issues this summer on vacation...our warranty was no good anymore. It was started the day the car was put on the lot. But because they screwed up and didn't fill in any of the dates on our paper work they fixed our car. Thank goodness for that.

Just remember... if she has purchased it at WalMart they would LAUGH at her if she tried to get it replaced after 2 years!

Well at least it's not a high ticket item - I had to get my water heater replaced after having it for 4 years - the warranty was for 6 years - now the new one was put in and I only had the additional 2 years left on it - pretty lame considering I had to pay to have additional work done to my chimney to install the new water heater because they had new safety features on it. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that it lasts a long time!

trps said:
It makes sense if you think of the fact that someone otherwise could essentially keep sending it back after 2 years forever having a new one.
Yeah, It would be like getting a lifetime warranty if they didn't go back to the original date of service.

Hello there!

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We understand your frustration regarding the warranty reset after replacement. We would like to assure you that our warranty policy follows the industry standard, where the warranty period is based on the original purchase date. This is to ensure fairness to all our customers and to avoid any confusion.

However, we do value your feedback and will definitely take it into consideration for future improvements. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are always here to help.

Thank you for being a loyal customer and for your support of our products. We hope your new Micro-plane grater will continue to serve you well. Have a great day!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies