• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Re-Organized Cookbook - Feedback & Edits Welcome!

In summary, Dorothy's re-organized and formatted cookbook was appreciated by the group for its added recipes and formatting. The recipe for Piña Colada Pineapple Upside Down Cake was discussed and the toasted coconut was mentioned to be used as a garnish. The group was thankful for Dorothy's hard work and generous sharing.
Dotty
Gold Member
I've taken the cookbook that someone else posted and re-organized it, formatted it, and added some more recipes.

Feedback and edits are welcome.

Thanks

Attachments

• Dotty's Magic Pot Cookbook V1.1.doc
    906.5 KB · Views: 1,550
DOROTHY!!! I COULD KISS YOU!!!!
Thank you so much! That is absolutely fantastic! I have been meaning to do the exact same thing for some time now! You have saved me hours and hours!

Your the Best!!!

looks great, love the cover page and the way you have divided microwave vs oven, great idea

Ditto! Thanks for taking the time and for generously sharing!

Adding my thanks for all your hard work .....and most of all, thanks for being so generous & sharing this with all of us!

Cheers,
Debbie

I have another DCB cookbook file to go through for more recipes, so I'll be updating this as I go. If you have other recipes for me to add, please send them to me and I'll repost this file as it grows! :)

Awesome....

Very nice!

Thank you so much!

Thanks for sharing, Dottie!
I noticed this recipe in your cookbook and was asking about it the other day - has anyone tried it yet?Piña Colada Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 BOX YELLOW CAKE MIX
3 EGGS
1 CAN COCONUT MILK
1 FRESH PINEAPPLE (IT IS THE BEST, BUT CANNED RINGS IS OK)
1 CUP TOASTED COCONUT (in microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring for a total of 2 minutes)
1 STICK BUTTER
1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1 JAR MARASCHINO CHERRIES
Melt butter in the baker in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Pat cup of brown sugar into the melted butter. Prepare fresh pineapple by cutting off skin, and taking out core. Cut into ½ circles (or cut canned into half circles. Lay pineapple evenly over the bottom of baker on top of the brown sugar. Place maraschino cherries in the holes in the pineapples.
Mix cake mix with eggs and the can of coconut milk. Mix well, batter will be thick. Pour over top of pineapples on bottom.
Put cover on baker and microwave for 15-17 minutes. Test for doneness by using a large spatula to lift the cake away from the sides of the baker on all four sides one side at a time. If you see yellow ooze that is uncooked batter and the cake needs to be returned to the microwave 1 minute at a time. Let sit 5-10 minutes then flip out onto a platter. Serve and enjoy warm.

wow.
thanks, Dotty, this is great!Marghi

I love it!!! Dotty, thank you so much!

dannyzmom said:
I noticed this recipe in your cookbook and was asking about it the other day - has anyone tried it yet?

Piña Colada Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 BOX YELLOW CAKE MIX
3 EGGS
1 CAN COCONUT MILK
1 CUP TOASTED COCONUT (in microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring for a total of 2 minutes)
1 STICK BUTTER
1 CUP BROWN SUGAR

Melt butter in the baker in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Pat cup of brown sugar into the melted butter. Prepare fresh pineapple by cutting off skin, and taking out core. Cut into ½ circles (or cut canned into half circles. Lay pineapple evenly over the bottom of baker on top of the brown sugar. Place maraschino cherries in the holes in the pineapples.
Mix cake mix with eggs and the can of coconut milk. Mix well, batter will be thick. Pour over top of pineapples on bottom.
Put cover on baker and microwave for 15-17 minutes. Test for doneness by using a large spatula to lift the cake away from the sides of the baker on all four sides one side at a time. If you see yellow ooze that is uncooked batter and the cake needs to be returned to the microwave 1 minute at a time. Let sit 5-10 minutes then flip out onto a platter. Serve and enjoy warm.

Where does the toasted coconut fit in? as a garnish

donnathepamperedchef said:
Where does the toasted coconut fit in? as a garnish

I believe it gets pressed into the sides when the cake is ready to be served?

It looks much better than the one I have been using.
Thanks!

dannyzmom said:
I noticed this recipe in your cookbook and was asking about it the other day - has anyone tried it yet?

Piña Colada Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 BOX YELLOW CAKE MIX
3 EGGS
1 CAN COCONUT MILK
1 STICK BUTTER
1 CUP BROWN SUGAR

My AD created this recipe and I've shared it...

IT'S AWESOME. I'm not a fan of pineapple ANYTHING, and even I devour this one. And, yes, the toasted coconut just gets sprinkled on top. This one can't be beat!

BTW...thank's for putting so much work into this, Dotty!

Thanks for sharing, I love it.

This is AMAZING!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your hard work!!!!!!

BTW...the Lickety Split Lucious Lemon Cake and the Turtle Fudge Chocolate Cake are also curteousy of my AD...they're both AWESOME too! The Lemon one is my favorite for summertime!

BTW-Did you all know that there is a group on facebook called "I [heart] my Deep Covered Baker" The owner of that site is also putting together a DCB cookbook. I haven't seen it yet, but I love how yours separated oven vs micro in the TOC.

nikked said:
My AD created this recipe and I've shared it...

IT'S AWESOME. I'm not a fan of pineapple ANYTHING, and even I devour this one. And, yes, the toasted coconut just gets sprinkled on top. This one can't be beat!

From my AD...

the coconut goes around the outside of the cake after I flip it..so it is looking a lot like the one in the 12 inch skillet. Just the same recipe and experimented in the pot! I make it 1 outta 3 shows

Thank you so much for your hard work, Dotty..........this is fantastic!!

Doty did you put page breaks in when you formatted? I'm getting BEEF and Microwave Recipes at the bottom of the cover.

Dave,

If you do a hard page break (control + enter) above the TOC lines, it will fix that for you!! The nice thing is that somehow it looks like she formatted the TOC to self adjust as pages are changed. I would like to learn how to do that!!

RMDave said:
Doty did you put page breaks in when you formatted? I'm getting BEEF and Microwave Recipes at the bottom of the cover.

I did put in a hard page break. I'm not sure why it doesn't look right for you Dave.

As for the Table of Contents, go to Insert-Reference-Index & Tables in Word. I had to format everything using the Outline format (see View-Outline) to get the TOC to read it correctly. The nice thing is that it allows me to add and move and SORT by recipe name instead of lots of cut and pasting.

nikked said:
BTW...the Lickety Split Lucious Lemon Cake and the Turtle Fudge Chocolate Cake are also curteousy of my AD...they're both AWESOME too! The Lemon one is my favorite for summertime!

It's nice to know that! I wish I could have put in all the sources, but I didn't create the list to begin with.

Speaking of Sources, thank you Scott for so many different cake variations!

Oh, no...wasn't expecting her to be referenced...just proud of her, that's all...

Thanks for everything, Dotty!

This is fantastic! Absolutely beautiful.

May I make a suggestion? I have to admit that it would have to be a very good customer for me to print this out for.....but I would email it to customers who purchased the baker in a heartbeat. I went in and added a header - I included my name and my website in it. That way if someone I send it to prints a page for a friend, my website and name will be on there. Just a thought.

But, again, thank you so much. It's awesome! You get a big WaHOOOOO from all of us. By the way, I still love your rooster! I miss my chickens now that we've moved.

Again, Dotty, thanks for this great version

pcsharon1 said:

May I make a suggestion? I have to admit that it would have to be a very good customer for me to print this out for.....but I would email it to customers who purchased the baker in a heartbeat. I went in and added a header - I included my name and my website in it. That way if someone I send it to prints a page for a friend, my website and name will be on there. Just a thought.

But, again, thank you so much. It's awesome! You get a big WaHOOOOO from all of us. By the way, I still love your rooster! I miss my chickens now that we've moved.

Sharon, this is a great idea! I'm going to do the same!

Marghi

shelly.nurse said:
BTW-Did you all know that there is a group on facebook called "I [heart] my Deep Covered Baker" The owner of that site is also putting together a DCB cookbook. I haven't seen it yet, but I love how yours separated oven vs micro in the TOC.

Found it, joined it! Thanks for the FYI!

pcsharon1 said:

That's a good idea. I'll add it to the next version. :)

Okay, how's this? A few more recipes and slightly different format. I shrunk the text a little to fit in more too.

Attachments

• Dotty's Magic Pot Cookbook V1.2.doc
    586.5 KB · Views: 830
thanks Dorothy, looks great

Dotty said:
I've taken the cookbook that someone else posted and re-organized it, formatted it, and added some more recipes.

Thanks

Dotty, YOU ROCK!! Great job!! Thank you!! :love:

Awesome cookbook. YOu should have it published. Great job and thanks a lot for all the recipes.

Dotty, I know you put the DCB Cookbook together, would you prefer if I leave your info on the bottom of the pages or can I put my own in there? I also would love to send this to people who order the DCB (via email), is that alright???Thanks,
Karen

Here is the one I've been using. I love having a good table of contents. One thing I did in mine is to put a * by all of the microwave recipes.

Attachments

• DCB cookbook.doc
    423 KB · Views: 876
thehaleykitchen said:
Dotty, I know you put the DCB Cookbook together, would you prefer if I leave your info on the bottom of the pages or can I put my own in there? I also would love to send this to people who order the DCB (via email), is that alright???

Thanks,
Karen

Karen - Dotty just took a collection of recipes that someone else had put together and posted, and reformatted it. The intent of posting is for us to all put our contact info on it and use as needed - including sending to those who order.

Enjoy!

This is amazing, I have one like this, but it's soooooo not organized!! Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this! I can't wait to share it with my DCB customers!!

Thank you sooo much!! Dumb question: how do you change the footer?

chefsolnick said:
Thank you sooo much!! Dumb question: how do you change the footer?

click on it. It will switch to the 'edit' mode for the footer and you can change it. You only have to change one page, the rest will update.

esavvymom said:
click on it. It will switch to the 'edit' mode for the footer and you can change it. You only have to change one page, the rest will update.

Thank you!

esavvymom said:
Karen - Dotty just took a collection of recipes that someone else had put together and posted, and reformatted it. The intent of posting is for us to all put our contact info on it and use as needed - including sending to those who order.

Enjoy!

Absolutely! Please put your contact info. I have found it a great inducement for DCB wafflers. "I'll send you this FREE cookbook with over 150 recipes with your order of the DCB. It has sections for microwave and oven recipes of all types! This cookbook is only available through me, and is not available to order separately."
Of course it is available through any cheffer too, but it sounds like an amazing deal and not all PC consultants have CS access. :)

I am sorry... this is probably a really silly question but some of the cake recipes don't mention the DCB at all but a fluted pan. Will they work the same (do I need to make any modifications to the steps)?

awesome and thanks for sharing! I haven't proofed the first version yet but if you are a perfectionist like myself, there are some different font types, sizes and spacing errors...just correcting it before I print it out and give it to my customers. Kudos to all the hard work put into both versions!! You guys rock!

Dotty said:

Thanks

This will not let me open it do you have it in another form like a pdf file o anything?

esavvymom said:

Enjoy!

Absolutely! Go sell those DCBs! The cookbook has helped me sell DCBs and I want you to all get good use of it too. Put your own contact info on it. :)

Oh wow amazing. I haven't been on here in a while and I'm so glad I came to have a look. Thanks so much!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bethsbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
Replies