• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dessert Ideas for a RCB Party Featuring a DCB

In summary, the conversation revolved around using the Round Covered Baker (RCB) as a highlight for a party, with suggestions for recipes such as German chocolate lava cake, paninis, artisan bread, and tempting tuna casserole. There was also a recipe shared for ice cream bread using only two ingredients. Some adaptations and variations were mentioned, such as using different types of cheese and making a half-loaf of bread in the RCB.
ericadboone
Gold Member
I want to use my RCB at a party this week for a quick and easy dessert. This won't be the main show recipe. My host already has a DCB, as do many of the guests who plan to attend. I want to highlight the RCB, but don't really want to make a cake. Any ideas?

German chocolate lava cake comes to mind. But why not highlight something other than stoneware if the host and guests already have it?

How about highlighting a piece of cookware for new sales and February bookings?

We are going to make paninis in the grill pan. I just wanted to show the rcb as an extra. Thanks.

I went looking for a Round Covered Baker phamplet of recipes and couldn't find one. Does anyone have one they could post?

I saw a tuna noodle casserole in the rcb somewhere. I'll see if I can find it again.

Can the artisan bread be done as a half-loaf in the RCB?

Becca_in_MD said:
Can the artisan bread be done as a half-loaf in the RCB?

Yes and the recipe is posted around here somewhere.

Tempting Tuna Casserole

Ingredients:
4 oz (125 g) uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
1/2 can (10.7 oz/284 mL) condensed cream of celery soup (about 1/2 cup/125 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL) sour cream
2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
1 can (5 oz or 170 g) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced celery
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) finely chopped onion
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen peas, thawed
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
Directions:
1. Combine noodles and broth in Round Covered Baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7–9 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring once. Meanwhile, combine soup, sour cream, milk, tuna, 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cheddar cheese, celery, onion, parsley and black pepper in large mixing bowl; mix well.
2. Add soup mixture, peas and tomatoes to baker; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4–6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Top with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 3–5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings

I doubled this and made my own cream of celery soup using cornstarch, milk, celery seed and a chicken bullion cube. I also didn't have cheddar cheese so I used mozzarella and parmesan instead. I don't like tomatoes so those weren't even a thought.

It was delish! :chef:

from my Senior Director's Director's Loop (hahaha can YOU follow that bouncing ball?):

Just got this off my Director Group! WOW!!! I can't wawit to try it!

The director who posted said this: "I have to admit I was VERY skeptical when one of my newest consultants told me about this recipe. It just didn't make any sense....so I had to try it out before I shared it with you and let me tell you...... I will be making this at all of my brunch shows! This is amazing! 2 ingredients....30 minutes in your baker. It's sweet, but not sweet like cake. More like banana bread or zucchini bread or a pancake it's..........."
ICE CREAM BREAD!
2 cups softened ice cream (any flavor)
1 1/2 cups self rising flour

Preheat your oven to 350. Grease your Round Covered Baker or line it with parchment paper.

In Classic Batter bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.

Scoop into baker and and smooth out.

Bake covered for about 30 minutes. Take the lid off to continue to brown the top for about 10 minutes.

Remove from the baker and allow to cool (if you can wait that long)!

nikked said:
from my Senior Director's Director's Loop (hahaha can YOU follow that bouncing ball?):

Just got this off my Director Group! WOW!!! I can't wawit to try it!

The director who posted said this: "I have to admit I was VERY skeptical when one of my newest consultants told me about this recipe. It just didn't make any sense....so I had to try it out before I shared it with you and let me tell you...... I will be making this at all of my brunch shows! This is amazing! 2 ingredients....30 minutes in your baker. It's sweet, but not sweet like cake. More like banana bread or zucchini bread or a pancake it's..........."
ICE CREAM BREAD!
2 cups softened ice cream (any flavor)
1 1/2 cups self rising flour

Preheat your oven to 350. Grease your Round Covered Baker or line it with parchment paper.

In Classic Batter bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.

Scoop into baker and and smooth out.

Bake covered for about 30 minutes. Take the lid off to continue to brown the top for about 10 minutes.

Remove from the baker and allow to cool (if you can wait that long)!

Interesting concept. I assume you can double it and do it in the DCB? Any idea how long...same 30 min.?

I don't know anything about this recipe, other than it was posted on FB just after I saw this thread so I shared it... sorry!

I love this recipe - I have done it with and without the puff pastry
Hot & Cheesy Bruschetta DipIngredients:
8 oz (250 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese
8 oz (250 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Herbs de Provence Seasoning Mix
3 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 egg, beaten
1 frozen puff pastry sheet (from 17.3-oz/397-g pkg), thawed (see Cook’s Tip)
Toasted Baguette Slices (see Cook’s Tip), assorted vegetables or crackers
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grate mozzarella using Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater.
Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, seasoning mix, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and pepper in Classic Batter Bowl; stir in mozzarella.
Pump half of the tomatoes in Manual Food Processor 7–10 times or until coarsely chopped; add them to cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining tomatoes and stir them gently into cheese mixture.
Scrape cheese mixture into Round Covered Baker and microwave it, uncovered, on HIGH 1–2 minutes or just until cheese starts to melt; stir halfway through cooking.
Unfold pastry onto lightly floured Large Grooved Cutting Board and lightly roll seams using Baker's Roller®.
Place lid of baker over pastry. Using Pizza Cutter, cut around the lid to form a circle. Using Creative Cutters, cut out and reserve two shapes from center of pastry circle.
Place pastry circle over dip, lightly brush it with some of the egg and top it with cutouts; lightly brush cutouts with egg. (Discard the rest of the egg.)
Bake, uncovered, 16–18 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove baker from oven. Serve dip with Toasted Baguette Slices, assorted vegetables or crackers.
Yield: 24Nutrients per serving: (about 3 tbsp/45 mL dip): Calories 100, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 130 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 gCook's Tips: Puff pastry is easiest to work with when it's cold. Thaw it in the refrigerator, and keep it chilled until you're ready to use it. Soft cheeses like mozzarella are easiest to shred when they're very cold. Freeze it for 15 minutes before shredding. To make Toasted Baguette Slices, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place 24 thin slices of French bread on Large Round Stone with Handles. Lightly brush or spray the bread slices with olive oil. Bake 8–10 minutes or until the bread is lightly browned.

I would do a chocolate lava cake, to have a dessert since you are doing paninis. But talk about using for it for small portions of chicken, for a lovely loaf of bread (I have the DCB quick white bread recipe all the time!), smaller dessert....be it cake, or fruit cobbler.

And that ice cream cake sounds very interesting!! I will have to try it!

Someone has to try the Ice Cream Bread recipe and tell us about it.
What an amazing concept- who doesn't like ice cream or bread!

If you arelike me and rarely have self-rising flour, you can try this:

For 1-cup Self-rising flour:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix together and use in place of self rising flour.

The ice cream cake just came out of the oven. It's pretty horrible. As in I doubt my kids will eat it. I used Breyers chocolate ice cream and a fresh package of self-rising flour. I wasn't sure about how much ice cream to use. It said 2 cups, but once the ice cream softened it was less than 2 cups so I added more. The batter was very thick. There is no sweetness to the cake. Maybe it would work better with vanilla ice cream. I'll stick with other cake recipes for the RCB.

bummer! I was hoping someone I "knew" would try it and love it!

I was wrong. The kids love it. I still think it tastes like flour. Waiting for DH to get home and see what he thinks. At least the ice cream was free (had a coupon) and the flour didn't cost much.

Eww, I wouldn't think chocolate would be very good. ;) don't get me wrong--I'm a chocolate addict! Maybe just vanilla to start with or Butter Pecan? :) I need to try this sometime. I asked the person who posted this on FB what they used, but I can't remember what favors they said. I'll have to see if I can find it again and let you know.

1. What is a RCB Party and how does it relate to dessert ideas?

A RCB Party stands for Recipe Challenge Bowl Party, where guests can gather and compete in a friendly cooking competition using Pampered Chef's Recipe Challenge Bowl. Dessert ideas can be incorporated into the competition or served as a sweet treat to enjoy after the competition is over.

2. What does DCB stand for and how can it be used in dessert ideas?

DCB stands for Deep Covered Baker, a versatile stoneware piece from Pampered Chef that can be used for cooking and baking. It is great for making desserts such as cakes, cobblers, and even brownies. Dessert ideas can incorporate the use of the DCB for delicious and easy-to-make treats.

3. Are there any specific recipes for using the DCB in dessert ideas?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes specifically designed for the DCB, including desserts like Chocolate Lava Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Lemon Pound Cake. These recipes can be found on our website or in our recipe booklets.

4. Can the DCB be used for making healthier dessert options?

Yes, the DCB can be used for making healthier dessert options such as fruit crisps and baked oatmeal. Using the stoneware piece helps to reduce the amount of added fats and oils in the dessert, making it a healthier option for those watching their diet.

5. Are there any tips for using the DCB in dessert ideas?

Yes, some tips for using the DCB in dessert ideas include preheating the stoneware in the oven before adding the dessert mixture, using parchment paper or non-stick spray to prevent sticking, and allowing the dessert to cool in the DCB for a few minutes before serving. These tips will help ensure a successful and delicious dessert using the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kchef
Replies
Views
sburnside
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies