• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did Raspberry Sorbet Turn Brown in My Tropical Torte?

In summary, there are a few potential reasons why the raspberry sorbet may not be freezing properly in the Pampered Chef ice cream maker. These include not freezing the bowl for at least 24 hours, using a sorbet mixture that is not fully chilled, or the mixture being too watery. Fresh raspberries can be used instead of frozen, but may result in a longer freezing time and different texture. Sugar alternatives can also be used, but it is recommended to follow a specific recipe. The freezing time for the sorbet can vary, but on average it takes 20-30 minutes. Other fruits and flavors can be added, but it is important to use a tested recipe for best results.
Chefcouts
Hi All!
This weekend I made the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple for my husband's work cookout. I've made it before with great success, but this time I was unable to find Mango Sorbet. So I figured that raspberry sorbet would work. Boy was I wrong.

When the raspberry sorbet mixes with the vanilla pudding mix, it turns BROWN. I was adding so much cool whip and (gasp!) red food coloring to make it turn some shade of pink, and it turned an ugly peach color.

All I could do was laugh at it, as my husband called it a skin cake because that's the color that it turned out to be!

So all that to say that raspberry sorbet does NOT substitute for mango sorbet in this recipe. It tasted great, but was not too pleasing to the eye.

thanks for sharing!

Someone posted this a few weeks ago too...same results. It was kind of funny in a way...not for a show but just the results...

so we all now know the first time was not a fluke! :)

Next time, I'll make sure to get the right ingredients!Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple. It's always helpful to hear about different substitutions and how they turn out. I'm sorry to hear that the raspberry sorbet didn't work out as well as the mango sorbet usually does. It can be tricky finding the perfect substitute, but I'm glad to hear that it still tasted great. I'll make sure to keep this in mind when making this recipe in the future. Thank you for the heads up! Happy cooking!

1. Why is my raspberry sorbet not freezing in the Pampered Chef ice cream maker?

There could be a few reasons why your sorbet is not freezing properly. Make sure that the ice cream maker bowl has been completely frozen for at least 24 hours before use. Also, double check that the sorbet mixture is fully chilled before adding it to the machine. If these steps have been followed and the sorbet is still not freezing, the bowl may not be cold enough or the mixture may be too watery.

2. Can I use fresh raspberries instead of frozen in the sorbet recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh raspberries in the sorbet recipe. However, since they contain more water than frozen raspberries, the sorbet may take longer to freeze and may not have the same texture as using frozen raspberries. If using fresh raspberries, it is recommended to freeze them beforehand to help with the freezing process.

3. Can I substitute sugar with a sugar alternative in the raspberry sorbet recipe?

Yes, you can use a sugar alternative such as honey, agave, or a sugar substitute in the sorbet recipe. Keep in mind that the sweetness and texture of the sorbet may vary depending on the alternative used. It is recommended to follow a recipe specifically designed for sugar alternatives to ensure the best results.

4. How long does it take for the raspberry sorbet to freeze in the Pampered Chef ice cream maker?

The freezing time for the sorbet can vary depending on the temperature of the freezer and the consistency of the sorbet mixture. On average, it takes about 20-30 minutes for the sorbet to freeze in the Pampered Chef ice cream maker. It is recommended to check the sorbet every 5-10 minutes to ensure it is freezing properly.

5. Can I add other fruits or flavors to the raspberry sorbet recipe?

Yes, you can experiment and add other fruits or flavors to the sorbet recipe. However, keep in mind that certain fruits may affect the texture and freezing time of the sorbet. It is recommended to follow a recipe that has been tested and specifically designed for the fruit or flavor you want to add.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsCaleb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • pampchefrhondab