• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raspberry Sorbet DOES NOT WORK

Chefcouts

Novice Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi All!
This weekend I made the Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple for my husband's work cookout. I've made it before with great success, but this time I was unable to find Mango Sorbet. So I figured that raspberry sorbet would work. Boy was I wrong.

When the raspberry sorbet mixes with the vanilla pudding mix, it turns BROWN. I was adding so much cool whip and (gasp!) red food coloring to make it turn some shade of pink, and it turned an ugly peach color.

All I could do was laugh at it, as my husband called it a skin cake because that's the color that it turned out to be!

So all that to say that raspberry sorbet does NOT substitute for mango sorbet in this recipe. It tasted great, but was not too pleasing to the eye.

legacypc46

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2006
thanks for sharing!

janetupnorth

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2007
Someone posted this a few weeks ago too...same results. It was kind of funny in a way...not for a show but just the results...

colegrovet

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2008
so we all now know the first time was not a fluke! :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views