• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Party Planner Seeks Advice

In summary, a consultant is frustrated about a party she did for a repeat host who only had 4 people show up, one of whom placed an order. The host promised to get outside orders before the party, but the consultant never received them. She has tried to contact the host multiple times with no response. The consultant is considering submitting the order as an individual order, but it would cost the guest more in shipping and she would miss out on the free gift. The host is also a consultant for another direct sales company. Suggestions are given to either ship the order directly or have the guest collect outside orders to qualify for host benefits. It is advised to not do a show with this host again in the future.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
I'm just so frustrated--I did a party for a repeat host--November 1 because she really wanted that free turkey and the 12" executive skillet. She had 4 people show up, and one person placed an order for $73. The other ladies "didn't have any money to spend." I told my host that we needed $150 for a show, and she said she would take the catalog to work. (She did this the last time, so this time when I host coached her I told her to get her outside orders BEFORE the party.) While I was there she said she had an order from someone, and texted it to my phone. I never got the text (I think she sent it to my landline instead). Anyway, the day of the party was the last contact I've had with her.

I have called her 12 times, both on her cell and home phone, leaving messages about the order I didn't receive, the turkey deadline, everything. I've texted her numerous times. I even Facebooked her son (a former consultant of mine) and told him to have his mom call me ASAP. He said he would, and didn't indicate anything was wrong.

I called the lady who gave me the order to apologize for the delay. She said "I was wondering about that so I asked (host) and she told me you were closing on Sunday." Huh? I explained I can't close until I speak with the host and I can't reach her.

I really don't know what to do about this party, and especially about the order. I could just submit it as an individual order, but the shipping would be $14.75 and she would lose the free gift. I won't have another show until December 1, so there is nothing I could tack it to.

The joke is, she is a consultant for another DS company. She should know better.

Any thoughts?

I understand your frustration.

I have had a very similar thing happen, and I ended up just sucking up the $ loss and shipping it directly. The guest will have to understand about the gift, although can't you still include the guest special if you put the order in? I don't know that I have ever had this situation before.
Another option would be to collect a few outside orders yourself, call folks who like the pantry products, etc adn enter it as your own show. You would still lose the $ on the direct shipping to that person, but you would earn some free product in exchange.
Lastly perhaps the woman who ordered would like to collect a few outside orders to put the show in herself and earn some free stuff. If she placed an order that large she clearly likes the products and may know a few others who do too.
So sorry this happened, it is terribly frustrating! I would serioulsy NEVER do a show with her again. I have show coming up where it is likely the host who did this to me will be in attendance, and I am debating what to say if she wants to book again.... some people jsut don't get it.... OH! And she was not only a past DS consultant, but a past PC consultant!

I agree with above poster, I'd offer the option to the gal that placed the order to collect a few orders herself to take advantage of the host benefits. You can use her $73 order so she only needs another $77 in orders, then she can get something 60% off. Offer her an incentive if she does that for you. Otherwise, let her know how sorry you are the host wasn't able to work out the show and yo'll pay the dif. to have her order shipped to her. Only problem with that is she then does not get the guest special so you'd have to figure out what to do about that! After you've helped this one guest, cross this host off your hosting list. If she asks again, tell her she needs to have a catalog show only, or if she has $150 in orders, then you'll do a book in close show for her. But you need the money for those $150 in orders up front!

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you're experiencing with this party. It sounds like you have made multiple attempts to contact your host, and it's unfortunate that she hasn't been responding. Sometimes things come up and people get busy, so it's possible that she may have forgotten or had something unexpected come up. Have you tried reaching out to her through a different method, such as email or social media? It's possible that she may be more responsive through those channels. In terms of the order, I understand your dilemma with submitting it as an individual order and losing the free gift. Have you considered reaching out to your host's guests directly to see if they would be interested in placing an order to help reach the $150 minimum? You could offer them a special discount or free gift as an incentive. Alternatively, you could also offer to combine their orders with other orders from your upcoming December party to reach the minimum. I know it can be frustrating when things don't go as planned, but try to stay positive and think of creative solutions to make the best of the situation. Remember, your host and her guests are also your customers and it's important to maintain good relationships with them. I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck!

1. How can I increase attendance at my Pampered Chef parties?

To increase attendance at your parties, try reaching out to your friends and family personally and inviting them to attend. Utilize social media to spread the word and create a buzz around your party. You can also offer incentives or rewards for guests who bring a friend along.

2. What can I do to make my parties more engaging and fun for guests?

Consider incorporating interactive elements into your parties, such as cooking demonstrations or hands-on activities. You can also offer games or raffles with prizes to keep guests engaged and excited. Lastly, make sure to provide delicious food and drinks for your guests to enjoy!

3. How can I increase sales at my parties?

One way to increase sales is to offer special deals or promotions for party attendees. You can also showcase the versatility and usefulness of Pampered Chef products by demonstrating different recipes and meal ideas. Additionally, make sure to follow up with guests after the party to see if they have any additional questions or are interested in making a purchase.

4. I'm feeling overwhelmed with hosting Pampered Chef parties. Any tips for managing my time and tasks?

It's important to plan ahead and stay organized when hosting parties. Create a schedule for tasks leading up to the party, such as sending invitations and preparing food. Consider delegating tasks to other party guests to help lighten your workload. And don't forget to take breaks and make time for self-care to avoid burnout.

5. How can I grow my Pampered Chef business beyond just hosting parties?

Consider branching out and offering virtual parties or online sales through social media. You can also reach out to local businesses or organizations to offer corporate or fundraising events. Additionally, consider becoming a Pampered Chef consultant to expand your reach and earn additional income.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • ccmahaffey