1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rant: Delayed shipping on supply order

1. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

What's going on with HO? I placed a supply order on 11/2. It had been showing "Picking" for the last week. It finally went out on 11/9--Smart Post--with delivery expected 11/17. That's TWO WEEKS from the time I submitted the supply order. I remember not that long ago I would place a supply order and practically have it by return mail. Anybody else having this problem?

2. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

YIKES! I placed one Sunday night for bridal shower aprons that I need on Sunday. It's still showing picked, and I'm getting nervous. (more so now after reading your post!) But I needed to wait until payday to order!

Nov 10, 2009
  3. straitfan

YIKES! I placed one Sunday night for bridal shower aprons that I need on Sunday. It's still showing picked, and I'm getting nervous. (more so now after reading your post!) But I needed to wait until payday to order!

Nov 10, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I placed an order on the 2nd, it shipped on the 4th, and I had it on the 5th.

Nov 10, 2009
  5. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

Wow! I placed a supply order over the weekend and is expected to be here tomorrow(11/11).

Nov 10, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I would call about that. I too placed a supply order on the 3rd and received it very soon. Sounds like it may have been a small item, if they shipped it Smart Post it basically goes out regular mail which can take a while depending on where you are at from HO.

Nov 10, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I also had to wait a long time when it was something small or lightweight. That's when they seem to use SmartPost.

Nov 11, 2009
  8. straitfan

Rec'vd notification overnight that it had shipped and will be here tomorrow. THAT'S what I'm used to and expect!! : )

Nov 11, 2009
  9. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

My biggest annoyance was that they sat on it for over a week before it even went out. It's a good thing I wasn't waiting desperately for my items.

10. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

I would be very annoyed too! They should ship out supply orders fast big or small. Most of time it's things that we need right away.

Nov 11, 2009
  11. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Wrong. It is not "regular mail". It is fedex snail and then to your local PO for delivery. "Smart" Post takes over a week to get here but regular mail (USPS) from Milwaukee (north of Chicago) takes all of 2 days.

...can you tell I am not liking this? It is evidently the cheapest way for HO but it is by far not even close to fast. I've even gotten media mail quicker.

Nov 11, 2009
  12. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I don't like it either. I've tracked smart post shipments that have traveled all over the country (like shipped to MI via TX???) before making it to me or to a customer. I've also had them lost for days where they couldn't be tracked.

Nov 11, 2009
  13. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

Me too, I placed mine at the beginning of the month...thinking it would come in time for this weekend (vendor boutique). I hope it comes before saturday! :O It usually takes 6 days from HO to La Mesa.

Nov 11, 2009
  14. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

You'd think it would be cheaper and more efficient (time-wise) to just send the stuff USPS, and forget the Smart Post stuff.

Nov 11, 2009
  15. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I'm sure fedex is giving HO a deal for going through them.

My stuff goes up to WI before coming here and often takes wierd routes. lol

Nov 11, 2009
  16. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Try the 4-8 week wait!!! That's what we get to do overseas. :(

Nov 12, 2009
  17. Pedey

Pedey Member

I'm with ya - I placed an order on Nov 3, it didn't ship until Nov 9 and it's not expected for delivery until Nov 19th!!! SIXTEEN days!!?

Nov 12, 2009
Have something to add?