• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant: Delayed shipping on supply order

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
What's going on with HO? I placed a supply order on 11/2. It had been showing "Picking" for the last week. It finally went out on 11/9--Smart Post--with delivery expected 11/17. That's TWO WEEKS from the time I submitted the supply order. I remember not that long ago I would place a supply order and practically have it by return mail. Anybody else having this problem?

straitfan

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2006
YIKES! I placed one Sunday night for bridal shower aprons that I need on Sunday. It's still showing picked, and I'm getting nervous. (more so now after reading your post!) But I needed to wait until payday to order!

straitfan

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2006
YIKES! I placed one Sunday night for bridal shower aprons that I need on Sunday. It's still showing picked, and I'm getting nervous. (more so now after reading your post!) But I needed to wait until payday to order!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I placed an order on the 2nd, it shipped on the 4th, and I had it on the 5th.

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I would call about that. I too placed a supply order on the 3rd and received it very soon. Sounds like it may have been a small item, if they shipped it Smart Post it basically goes out regular mail which can take a while depending on where you are at from HO.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I also had to wait a long time when it was something small or lightweight. That's when they seem to use SmartPost.

straitfan

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2006
Rec'vd notification overnight that it had shipped and will be here tomorrow. THAT'S what I'm used to and expect!! : )

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
My biggest annoyance was that they sat on it for over a week before it even went out. It's a good thing I wasn't waiting desperately for my items.

littlemaisyPC

Gold Member
Sep 14, 2008
I would be very annoyed too! They should ship out supply orders fast big or small. Most of time it's things that we need right away.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I would call about that. I too placed a supply order on the 3rd and received it very soon. Sounds like it may have been a small item, if they shipped it Smart Post it basically goes out regular mail which can take a while depending on where you are at from HO.

Wrong. It is not "regular mail". It is fedex snail and then to your local PO for delivery. "Smart" Post takes over a week to get here but regular mail (USPS) from Milwaukee (north of Chicago) takes all of 2 days.

...can you tell I am not liking this? It is evidently the cheapest way for HO but it is by far not even close to fast. I've even gotten media mail quicker.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Wrong. It is not "regular mail". It is fedex snail and then to your local PO for delivery. "Smart" Post takes over a week to get here but regular mail (USPS) from Milwaukee (north of Chicago) takes all of 2 days.

...can you tell I am not liking this? It is evidently the cheapest way for HO but it is by far not even close to fast. I've even gotten media mail quicker.

I don't like it either. I've tracked smart post shipments that have traveled all over the country (like shipped to MI via TX???) before making it to me or to a customer. I've also had them lost for days where they couldn't be tracked.

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
Me too, I placed mine at the beginning of the month...thinking it would come in time for this weekend (vendor boutique). I hope it comes before saturday! :O It usually takes 6 days from HO to La Mesa.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
You'd think it would be cheaper and more efficient (time-wise) to just send the stuff USPS, and forget the Smart Post stuff.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
You'd think it would be cheaper and more efficient (time-wise) to just send the stuff USPS, and forget the Smart Post stuff.

I'm sure fedex is giving HO a deal for going through them.

My stuff goes up to WI before coming here and often takes wierd routes. lol

Pedey

Jun 30, 2009
I'm with ya - I placed an order on Nov 3, it didn't ship until Nov 9 and it's not expected for delivery until Nov 19th!!! SIXTEEN days!!?