• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did the Return Policy Change Without Notice to Consultants?

In summary, PC has changed their policy so that customers are only refunded the product price and tax now, not the shipping cost.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
I have a customer that want to return her whole order.

I call Ho to arrange the return, I have been with pc for almost 9yrs. IN the past customers WERE refunded the shipping as well.
Tonight I call and they tell me NO...wtf?????
Its ALWAYS been refunded.
I ask when did this change? and WHY were consultants NOT notified??? Rep was like its always been that way and we are just NOW enforcing it.
again...WTF?????
DO you think you need to tell consultants? I have a call into a supervisor..do you think I'll get a call?

not liking the changing of policies. just like the fiasco of the cookware return.

Change the rules upset consultants and then try to justify it....NOT good CS

They changed it mid Sept I had the same complaint that they did not tell us. When questioned PC said, It is because the item was shipped so they paid shipping and are paying to pick up (within 30 days). It makes sense, But!they should have let us know!

Last edited:
So the out of the box calls, where we say the customer has 30 days from when they received the item... blah blah... free returns... isn't true any more? :(

magentablue said:
So the out of the box calls, where we say the customer has 30 days from when they received the item... blah blah... free returns... isn't true any more? :(

No, that still applies. What they are saying is that in the past, if the customer returned their entire order, they would be refunded their $4.50 shipping charge in addition to the amount of all the products. Apparently that is no longer the case.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

I didn't know that it used to be any different as I just started my business in the spring, but I know that in August I did a return and it was this way.
This was a customer that was ordering on a friend's show and accidently ordered and it was just sent to a random consultant. Pretty big order, but she was adament that she wanted her friend and me (as the consultant to get credit), not just someone random. Returned it and paid DS TWICE!!!!! Her shipping charges were WAY more than my comission and what her friend got out of it.... She wanted to do it though.

So if they return just one thing it's no change?

I'm pretty new, so please forgive me, but I have a question since we're on the topic of returns. If I make 20% commission on a $100 order... I've made $20. Now my customer returns the order. Do they now subtract $20 from the next available commission?

PC will pay to have the item shipped BACK to HO within 30 day as always.

MY gripe is that the customer paid 7.50 shipping ( well I paid the amount over 4.50- another story)

Every other return I have done when the customer is returning all the items on the order they were refunded the shipping.

Tonight when I called it was a different story.
So I'm a little peeved, because I told the customer that she would be getting the item cost, tax and the 4.50 she paid. ( and I would get the the 3.68 I paid refunded)

if HO does not honor this...I am out 3.68 PLUS the 4.50
for a stinkin grinder that was 21.50

I understand your frustration Nancy, but no company refunds shipping. They refund the product price and tax. Tell the customer that you misspoke and appologize. Sounds like it may be a difficult customer anyways if you are having to pay shipping and paying them to return it, so I would just count it their loss for returning the item, and go on with it. I don't think you are obligated, but I don't think that PC should have to refund shipping either.

thank Leslie- Have been doing this almost 9 yrs and PC did refund the s/h charges with out even asking for it. Now all of a sudden they stopped.
thats my problem

I am glad this was pointed out!
So I can say, you paid shipping to get the item, PC will pay to ship it back within 30 days if you're not satisfied.

Most catalog/internet shipping, you pay to get it and you also pay if you return it back, so PC is still ahead o fhte game there.

nancycookspc said:
thank Leslie- Have been doing this almost 9 yrs and PC did refund the s/h charges with out even asking for it. Now all of a sudden they stopped.
thats my problem

Sorry I offended you. I think we work for a great company. No one is perfect and they are in the business to make money. I understand your frunstration in not knowing, but I don't think I have ever seen in writing that this was the way things were done, so I am sorry that you assumed that way and are now upset about it.

magentablue said:
I'm pretty new, so please forgive me, but I have a question since we're on the topic of returns. If I make 20% commission on a $100 order... I've made $20. Now my customer returns the order. Do they now subtract $20 from the next available commission?

No, returns do not get deducted from your commission, unless the entire show is returned.

lesliec said:
Sorry I offended you. I think we work for a great company. No one is perfect and they are in the business to make money. I understand your frunstration in not knowing, but I don't think I have ever seen in writing that this was the way things were done, so I am sorry that you assumed that way and are now upset about it.

I don't remember if it ever was in writing, but that's the way it was. I've also made returns for customers who have received back their shipping charge as well. Nancy didn't assume anything, that's the way it was. And there are plenty of other consultants who will tell you the same, without having to say the company isn't great. It just gets very annoying when things change without notice. Especially something that affects what we tell our customers.

And she did mark her post as a rant, so it is expected to read a post in which the author is upset. That's the beauty of this forum, we can come here to vent our feelings to others who understand where we are coming from, so that we don't let that frustration out in the wrong place or situation. If you'd rather not read such a topic, you can skip a post titled "rant."

NooraK said:
I don't remember if it ever was in writing, but that's the way it was. I've also made returns for customers who have received back their shipping charge as well. Nancy didn't assume anything, that's the way it was. And there are plenty of other consultants who will tell you the same, without having to say the company isn't great. It just gets very annoying when things change without notice. Especially something that affects what we tell our customers.

THANK YOU NORA!!!

I will contact PC this am again- on this matter they SHOULD refund shipping. If they are changing/enforcing they NEED to let consultants know for future reference....

Nancy I am afraid it will do no good I even talked to a supervisor she said they were given the notice the week before I called in Sept and that there was nothing they can do because PC had already shipped the item so shipping would not be returned now.

If the policy was in effect but they never inforced it I guess they really don't have to tell us that it "changed" because it didn't. Guess I never even knew that was an option but then again I've never had someone return their entire order.

OK game OVER-

Spoke to HO this am-
told them it was unfair they used to do this and then one day decided not too. Rep spoke to supervisor on my behalf and they granted 1 time exception. AS THEY SHOULD.
I know their policy NOW until they decide to change it again.
Hopefully next time they will publicize it.

So take this as a learning experience especially for the seasoned consultants so you do not wind up in a pickle like I did.

I would hope they STILL publicize this change. How many seasoned consultants are out there that are not on CS and don't know? And are still telling their customers they'll get a refund on shipping if they return their whole order?

In 8 years of selling, I've never had a customer return a whole order. I had no idea refunding the shipping was even the policy, and would have assumed it wasn't if this had come up.

6 years and I too learned something new today.

nancycookspc said:
thats my problem

Thanks for the heads up!!! I too have had customers return things in the past and get the FULL shipping price returned. Had NO idea this had changed.

I've been in 7 years and had two customers return their entire order. Both times their entire cost was refunded. The "policy" does make sense, but I agree with Nancy; if they had been doing it one way for years a notice should be given for a change. Entire order returns do not happen often, but it does happen.

I returned and entire order 3 years ago from a customer who wrote me a bad check (thankfully it was a show I had shipped to myself). HO did NOT refund the SH charges at that time.

Maybe they didn't feel they needed to give notice because they already had it spelled out...even though they weren't following it. They just started following their own policy. The majority of consultants would NOT have even known they "switched" since most of us probably have never had a customer return the entire order.Just a thought.....I've got no feeling about it either way.

1. What is your return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Our return policy for Pampered Chef products states that customers have 30 days from the date of purchase to return any unused or defective items for a full refund. Returns must be accompanied by the original receipt or packing slip.

2. Can I return a Pampered Chef product if I no longer have the original packaging?

Yes, as long as you have the original receipt or packing slip, you can still return the product even if you no longer have the packaging. However, please note that returning a product without the original packaging may result in a restocking fee.

3. How long does it take to process a return for a Pampered Chef product?

Once we receive your return, it typically takes 7-10 business days for us to process the return and issue a refund. Please note that it may take an additional 2-3 business days for the refund to reflect on your original form of payment.

4. Do I have to pay for return shipping for a Pampered Chef product?

If you are returning a product due to a defect or error on our part, we will cover the cost of return shipping. However, if you are returning a product for any other reason, the customer is responsible for the cost of return shipping.

5. Can I exchange a Pampered Chef product for a different item?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for Pampered Chef products. If you would like a different item, you will need to return the original item and place a new order for the desired item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefCat
  • Jenn822