• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ranger Cookie Recipe: Share Yours & Enjoy!

In summary, these are cookies with butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda, rice krispies, rolled oats, and shredded coconut. They are usually round and golden in color.
itsjustCarla
Anyone have a good Ranger Cookie Recipe they'd like to share!?!??

Oh man...these are a weakness of mine too! I worked in the Kroger deli/bakery when I was in college...I LOVED Making that kind of cookie! I always check the table when I walk by in the delis, but they don't make them very often anymore....course I worked there 15 yrs ago!!I think I have a variety of ranger cookie- but it might take me a day to find it...I have a large collection of recipes.

what are ranger cookies?

susanr613 said:
what are ranger cookies?

I don't know either.. but anything ending in 'cookie' has to be good!!

susanr613 said:
what are ranger cookies?

I was going to ask the same thing.

I wonder if they are like the cowboy cookies that I had when I was younger? They had choc chips, walnuts, and coconut in them.

Okay now I need breakfast.:eek:

My mom's recipe always called for black walnut flavoring . . ick . . I remember them having rice krispies and coconut and nuts in them. They weren't my favorite.

I've never heard of them but just did a google search and most of the recipes that I looked at had oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chips, some kind of nut (most had pecans) and whole wheat cereal (like total or Wheaties)... doesn't sound like the best think I've ever heard of, but sometimes things don't sound good but taste great...

I've never had any with chocolate chips in them. And I've seen a ton of recipes out there, but I was hoping to find a recipe that someone has actually made - taste tested, ya know?? LOL

Here is my sister's recipe.

Ranger Cookies

1/2 C. butter (softened)
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 C. flour
1 C. Rice Krispies
1 C. rolled oats
1 1/3 C. sweetened shredded coconut

Beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda til combined. Add in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour. Stir in cereal, oats and coconut.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 about 8-10 minutes or till egdes are golden.

These sound great, the right ingredients too.
Deb

Maragib said:
Here is my sister's recipe.

Ranger Cookies

1/2 C. butter (softened)
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 C. flour
1 C. Rice Krispies
1 C. rolled oats
1 1/3 C. sweetened shredded coconut

Beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda til combined. Add in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour. Stir in cereal, oats and coconut.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 about 8-10 minutes or till egdes are golden.

WOOO HOOO!!!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :balloon:Thank you!

Hmmm, I've never made ranger cookies - but these sound good! I'm going to have to give them a try!

1. What are the ingredients needed for the Ranger Cookie recipe?

The ingredients needed for the Ranger Cookie recipe are all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, rolled oats, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Ranger Cookie recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for some of the ingredients in the Ranger Cookie recipe. For example, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, or use honey instead of brown sugar. However, note that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the cookies.

3. How long does it take to make Ranger Cookies?

The total time to make Ranger Cookies is approximately 30 minutes. This includes 10 minutes for prep and 20 minutes for baking. However, this may vary depending on your oven and baking experience.

4. Can I freeze the Ranger Cookies?

Yes, you can freeze the Ranger Cookies. After baking, allow the cookies to cool completely and then store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw the cookies at room temperature or reheat in the microwave or oven.

5. Can I make the Ranger Cookies ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Ranger Cookies ahead of time. You can prepare the dough and refrigerate it for up to 2 days before baking. You can also freeze the dough for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, allow the dough to thaw in the refrigerator before shaping and baking the cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • crystalscookingnow