• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Cooking Experience with a Double Oven Gas Range - Learn More!

In summary, the double ovens are a good option if you mostly cook on the stovetop or in the microwave. The upper oven isheating evenly, and the lower oven is low enough for tall people to reach.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
I'm starting to think about getting a new gas range. Some on the market have double ovens - a small upper oven and a regular lower oven and no storage drawer on the bottom. Each oven gets its own temp control. These days most of my cooking is stove top and microwave. I do love to bake, just don't do it too much b/c I'll eat everything I make. I'm tempted by the double oven 1) to just use the upper oven for baking a sheet of cookies, 2) using the upper oven and not having to heat the whole big oven, 3) using both ovens at the same time to speed up the baking by doing 2 things at once. Another wrinkle is that some have convection. My concerns are the heating evenness of the upper oven and, since I'm tall, having to bend way down to get in the lower oven.

Does anyone have one of these kinds of ranges in their house and have feedback? Or have you used one of these at your shows? I do 95% DCB recipes at my shows so haven't used a host's oven in quite a while.

Thank you!

My friend has one and loves it--we just had one installed in our new house, which we'll move into in 2 weeks--can't wait. With just my husband and I for dinner most of the time, the top, smaller oven will be much more economical for us. Mine is electric, though.

Becca - my SIL has one. She got it as a Christmas Present as they really needed a new stove. She is not that tall, about 5' 8" but she has no problems with it. I do not know if she has the convection feature though. She did note that by not having to heat the entire oven for things like cookies, pizza or anything one dish meal, she feels that she is saving money. Not only does the single top oven preheat so fast that you know it is making a difference but the fact that the heat stays more concentrated, she noted her bake times decreased. (She burnt her 13 minute cookies in 10 minutes!) So... To be honest, that is one oven/stove I would love to get my hands on too as I bake a lot.

Forgot to mention that I have a toaster oven that I use for the really little things that need to go in an oven. I mostly use it for toasting. Might be able to give up the toaster oven and just get a toaster, though DH does seem to broil steaks in there. I'll have to check if the upper oven broils or only the lower oven. I rarely broil so that would just be for him since he eats steak whenever I'm at a show. John - those burnt cookies are exactly my concern. Even though it would be on a stone, I'm still concerned about about uneven tops and bottoms. I'm 2" taller than your SIL and just am thinking about a big turkey but that would only be once a year. I don't have back problems or anything so I don't think getting something big out of the lower oven would really be an issue.I'll need to bring my large bar pan with me when shopping to make sure it fits. We do the bar pan bacon often enough.

I can't help with the range/oven combo you are looking at, but I would like to add my vote to 2 ovens!

Yes yes yes!

We have double wall ovens with a separate cooktop. It was quite an expense at the time (the cabinet to house the ovens was more expensive than the ovens themselves, I think). I was not going to do it, but DH talked me into it.

We entertain quite a bit, so I knew the double ovens would be great for those times - and they are!

But, for other times - we DO use them quite often. There are only 2 of us and we actually use the 2 ovens quite a bit more than I would have ever thought. We like to eat together, but often eat different things, so many nights we are using both ovens for things that take different temps.

So, if you are thinking you may not need the second oven, you may find you use it more often than you think!!

Good Luck!

I'm about 5'9" and I've only encountered these when out doing parties. I find that the bottom oven is way too low to the ground for me. . .I would not have one.

chefjeanine said:
I'm about 5'9" and I've only encountered these when out doing parties. I find that the bottom oven is way too low to the ground for me. . .I would not have one.

Same here. I just had a show a few days ago where I was baking the Artisan Bread, and the upper oven was too small for the DCB, so it went in the lower oven. I felt like the only safe way to get the bread out of the oven was to kneel on the floor. :( I didn't, but it wasn't something I'd like to have to do every time I want to put a large pan in the oven.

I am 5'5" and I LOVE MY DOUBLE OVEN!!!! Gas is the way to go if you get one.....the only problem that I find is that the flames are on the top of the top oven and it doesn't broil very well with garlic bread. Other than that I LOVE IT!!!!! It makes cooking in the oven very easy especially for cookies or pies....

I had one of these at my old house and REALLY REALLY miss it!!!:cry:
I used the smaller oven 95% of the time, like you, used my dcb in microwave most of hte time. I'm short but my hubby is tall and he had no problem getting things out of the oven. Remember, you're not going to be putting anything all the way on the bottom! When you pull the rack out to take out your food, it'll help for sure in getting your food out. Go for it!

My SIL was using the metal baking sheets for cookies and the cookies after she shortened the baking time, were evenly baked. She never had to rotate the pans at all like she did in her old oven. Of course that one was over 15 years old and the well, the door hinge was completely rusted through and fell off in her hand. My brother is 6'3" and I guess he grabbed our roaster with a 5 pound roast in it out of the bottom oven without any problem. And he is as much klutz as I am so...

I just bought a double oven range and LOVE IT. I haven't used my lower oven yet (which is convection), but use the top oven nightly (with my bar pan). Love it! Love it !

i have full sized double wall ovens and separate cooktop...i LOVE them and so does everyone who comes over :D
i have many friends who have "kitchen envy"....i recommend double ovens big time!!

What is a "Range With Double Oven"?

A "Range With Double Oven" is a kitchen appliance that contains two separate ovens in one unit. This allows for more cooking space and the ability to cook multiple dishes at different temperatures simultaneously.

What are the advantages of a "Range With Double Oven"?

The main advantage of a "Range With Double Oven" is the convenience and flexibility it offers in cooking. With two ovens, you can cook multiple dishes at once, saving time and effort. This type of range also allows for more precise cooking, as each oven can be set to a different temperature.

What are the differences between a "Range With Double Oven" and a regular oven?

The main difference is that a "Range With Double Oven" has two separate ovens in one unit, while a regular oven only has one. This means that a range with double oven offers more cooking space and the ability to cook multiple dishes at once. Additionally, some models may have additional features such as convection cooking or a warming drawer.

What types of dishes can I cook in a "Range With Double Oven"?

A "Range With Double Oven" can be used to cook a variety of dishes, including baked goods, casseroles, roasts, and more. The two separate ovens allow for different dishes to be cooked at different temperatures, making it ideal for those who love to entertain or for families with different dietary needs.

What are the maintenance requirements for a "Range With Double Oven"?

The maintenance requirements for a "Range With Double Oven" are similar to those of a regular oven. Regular cleaning and maintenance, such as wiping down the surfaces and cleaning the inside of the ovens, are important to ensure optimal performance. It is also recommended to have the range professionally serviced every few years to keep it in good working condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI