• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Thoughts: A Fun Thread for Sharing Your Musings

In summary, the conversation discusses both hate and love, random thoughts, how to avoid making mistakes while calling, and how to deal with aggressive drivers.
rennea said:
My thought this morning:

Why does everyone keep telling me that I can always "try again" or "are you going to try again". I just lost my baby, give me time to grieve please!!!

So to vent but people are so rude!!!

So sorry to hear that Rennea, it seems that people that have never experienced your situation seem to be the first to say stupid things. Everyone heals in their own time and grieves in their own way so you just gotta say "thanks" and walk away. Take your time to heal and ignore all the crappy advice and comments you get!

P.S. I say this because after I lost my Mom I hated and still to this day hate when people say "she is always with you, in your heart" that may be "SWELL" for some to believe, I however want her here with me in PERSON! I also feel like its hard for someone to understand what you are going thru if they have never experienced themselves so I didn't and don't want to hear how they "think" I should be doing!
The best thing someone said to me was "I didn't know your Mom personally, but I know how much you loved her and what a wonderful daughter she raised in you!" SO I try to remember that when I am giving my condolences to someone.

rennea said:
My thought this morning:

Why does everyone keep telling me that I can always "try again" or "are you going to try again". I just lost my baby, give me time to grieve please!!!

Some people are just so uncomfortable around someone that's sad and/or grieving that they just blurt out whatever comes to them. It's unfortunate because although they are trying to "look on the bright side" they are not helping, they are actually hindering.

Maybe when someone says something insensitive you could say in your head "they wouldn't ask if they didn't care." Something like that running through your head might be able to make a negative comment feel a little more positive?

That said I hope MY comment helps rather than hinders. I don't mean to minimize your feelings in any way. I wish you the strength to get through this very hard time. *HUGS*

sk8rgrrl99 said:
That said I hope MY comment helps rather than hinders. I don't mean to minimize your feelings in any way. I wish you the strength to get through this very hard time. *HUGS*

Oh no worries, thanks :)

I think it's peoples tone really. At the hospital the staff told me, not to worry it will happen one day. It didn't seem mean spirited from them.

My very evil cold stone hearted MIL told me yesterday "oh well you'll live, and try again" when I replied, no I couldn't go through this ever again. She replied "really, you've got to be joking, how selfish of you"

She also said that, it really wasn't a "real" baby. She is lucky that I didn't deck her. I really wanted to knock her teeth out of her ugly head:mad:

rennea said:

I think it's peoples tone really. At the hospital the staff told me, not to worry it will happen one day. It didn't seem mean spirited from them.

My very evil cold stone hearted MIL told me yesterday "oh well you'll live, and try again" when I replied, no I couldn't go through this ever again. She replied "really, you've got to be joking, how selfish of you"

She also said that, it really wasn't a "real" baby. She is lucky that I didn't deck her. I really wanted to knock her teeth out of her ugly head:mad:

Oh Rennea - what a horrible horrible mean thing to say! I can't believe it - as if you don't have enough grief - to add to it that way. Wow - and SHE called you selfish? Let's talk selfish here!

Your baby was very real - and that is why it is not comforting when people say "oh well, you'll try again."

Yes, that can happen - but it's a different baby when/if it happens. Take your time and grieve for the one who is gone. (((((HUGS))))) and lots of well wishes and prayers for you and DH.

rennea said:

Rennea,

Wow, I am proud of you that you didn't! I'm sure that everyone here would do it for you!!!! Maybe a good idea to stay away from her if possible for a little while.

You have proved you are a strong woman by restraining yourself from knocking her teeth out (of her UGLY HEAD) so keep it up, you are doing great in my book!

Take care of yourself!
Tammy

rennea said:
My thought this morning:

Rennea,You have to be ready and I personally had to go through some pretty crappy stuff to get my kids here. Take your time and scream out loud and punch pillows and then cry and then when you are ready...take more time. I think you should be allowed to go through the grief. I used to hate it when people asked if we where ever going to have kids. As if I had any say over it. A lot of that was private pain nobody saw and they didn't know our struggle. When you lose one, it's out there. I wish more people could just hug you and not try to "say the right thing". Just be there to listen. Big hugs to you from far away! The pain won't last forever, but it is still pain. God bless!

TammyStar said:
Rennea,

Wow, I am proud of you that you didn't! I'm sure that everyone here would do it for you!!!! Maybe a good idea to stay away from her if possible for a little while.

You have proved you are a strong woman by restraining yourself from knocking her teeth out (of her UGLY HEAD) so keep it up, you are doing great in my book!

Take care of yourself!
Tammy

I think a nooogie would have been okay for a big dum dummy head. I couldn't have restrained from at least a noogie.

TammyStar said:
So sorry to hear that Rennea, it seems that people that have never experienced your situation seem to be the first to say stupid things. Everyone heals in their own time and grieves in their own way so you just gotta say "thanks" and walk away. Take your time to heal and ignore all the crappy advice and comments you get!

P.S. I say this because after I lost my Mom I hated and still to this day hate when people say "she is always with you, in your heart" that may be "SWELL" for some to believe, I however want her here with me in PERSON! I also feel like its hard for someone to understand what you are going thru if they have never experienced themselves so I didn't and don't want to hear how they "think" I should be doing!
The best thing someone said to me was "I didn't know your Mom personally, but I know how much you loved her and what a wonderful daughter she raised in you!" SO I try to remember that when I am giving my condolences to someone.

AMEN to that!! Lost my Mom in March and, like you, want her here PHYSICALLY!! I know she's in my heart, she was there before she died too! (sorry for ranting....)

rennea said:

Who would say that to a woman who just lost her child? That is the most heartless thing I have ever heard. If she was here, I'd knock her teeth out FOR YOU! :grumpy:

Can past customers please return phone calls, otherwise how can I be of service to them????:cry:

Not sure this will help however I mentioned earlier that my friend also went thru the same thing as you did this weekend and everything was confirmed by her doctor Monday. She types up little devotionals every so often and she wrote this the day after she found out that she had a miscariage (she found out on her birthday). Again I have no clue if it will help but it made me say WOW and I thought I would send this to you and anyone having troubles now. Please know that I have also been praying for you too.

Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.
JOB 1:20-22 - NKJV

Disappointment is apart of life. Although the severity of disappointments vary with individuals and with situations, the fact remains that not one of us will escape it. In fact, some disappointments are so painful that they remain permantently etched into memory. The words "Blessed be the name of the LORD" ring out as a great exclammation of praise that is due to the great and awesome God. We find this remarkable statement of faith proclaimed from a man who suffered intensely, yet was able to praise the LORD through his pain. His response teaches us how we too should respond to God while going through tough times. You see, we readily offer praise to the God who gives, who opens doors, who heals and who delivers. But how naturally do we forget and how seldom do we praise at the fact that this same God also takes away. Our God is Sovereign, and for reasons beyond our understanding, He makes decisions. We must not develop erroneous thoughts of who He is and how He acts. We must not come up with a bad theology when we find that we cannot figure Him out. Instead, when we come face to face with unexplainable affliction, we should praise the LORD in spite of, and accept whatever He allows to come upon us. We must declare at all times, "Blessed Be The Name Of The LORD!"

rennea said:

She is someone you may have to close the door on for the time being. She has had many experances, although this is not for her to comment on. the best thing she could have done is hug you and love you for who you are.
My paryers are with you.

Why does everyone take their time when you are in a hurry?

alatour said:
Why does everyone take their time when you are in a hurry?

LOL!

That reminds me I saw on TV one time that people will take twice as long to pull out of a parking spot if they see somebody waiting for it. The crew had set up cameras for weeks and watched people and took data.

rennea said:
LOL!

That reminds me I saw on TV one time that people will take twice as long to pull out of a parking spot if they see somebody waiting for it. The crew had set up cameras for weeks and watched people and took data.

I believe it. Everyone in my house is in a hurry when they want to go somewhere, but when I need to get soemwhere it is different.

If there are other spots nearby and I see someone waiting for mine, I purposely take longer to pull out. I've also been known to get back out of the car as if I've forgotten something and go back into the store.

I want chocolate.

have you ever laid a fot and it made you gag?

Laura420 said:
have you ever laid a fot and it made you gag?
What does that mean? Isn't there a different thread for these kinds of questions? :) (The "have you ever..." thread.)

not sue if there is a different thread or not, its just what i was thinking at the moment... I thought that was the idea?

Why do kids have so much energy when they don't have anything to accomplish in a day (my 3 yr old) and I have a whole house to clean and people to feed and no energy? I miss it...where's that energizer bunny when you need one?

Laura420 said:
not sue if there is a different thread or not, its just what i was thinking at the moment... I thought that was the idea?
There is another thread, but I was just teasing you.

chefann said:
If there are other spots nearby and I see someone waiting for mine, I purposely take longer to pull out. I've also been known to get back out of the car as if I've forgotten something and go back into the store.

ANN that's terrible:eek:

chefann said:

LOL!! That's funny....I should try that someday....before I get PC advertised on my car!! ;)

My random thought for today....wore sandals today and just wondering if I'll get weird looks because my nails are painted in 5 different colours...compliments of my 4 YO DD!! :) She did do a really nice job!

rennea said:
ANN that's terrible:eek:

I only do that when there are other spots nearby. If it's that much of a hardship to park 2 spaces away from the store and walk, then maybe that person needs to get a handicapped placard so they can park even closer to the door.

What I WILL do (all the time), is walk up the aisle next to the one where I'm parked, so that anyone who follows me, hoping to get my spot, is stumped when I cut through to the next aisle.

Random thought: did you know concierge is both plural and singular?

Okay so this a little personal, but what the heck.

I had a random thought last night during a "marital moment":blushing: Out fothe blue a weird thought popped in my head & I blurted it out....

"I really like waffles.":blushing:

Poor DH was like "What the..." Of course then I had to explain that the image of a beautiful waffle wit hwhipped cream and maple syrup popped into my head, which led me to start reminiscing about a restaurant we loved in Montreal. Of course, I spent the next several minutes trying to remember the name of the restaurant. I finally did, thank goodness.

Poor DH was not amused. He was a good sport about it, though.

ROFLOL!! Charity, you crack me up!!! That is too funny. Now, does DH know you told all your Cheffer friends about this wonderful moment?? haha

BTW, I did a show last night for a lady whose sister you did a show for a couple years ago. She spoke very highly of you! :)

chefann said:

That's hilarious! On some days I could see myself doing that! People get mad when you come out of the mall with some bags, put them in your trunk and then go back in not even on purpose, just not to carry so many bags!

chefmoseley said:
Why do kids have so much energy when they don't have anything to accomplish in a day (my 3 yr old) and I have a whole house to clean and people to feed and no energy? I miss it...where's that energizer bunny when you need one?

If you find it, please pass it on!!

PChefPEI said:
ROFLOL!! Charity, you crack me up!!! That is too funny. Now, does DH know you told all your Cheffer friends about this wonderful moment?? haha

BTW, I did a show last night for a lady whose sister you did a show for a couple years ago. She spoke very highly of you! :)

DH has no idea that detail. Who was the show host (& her sister). Hopefully I didn't screw things up too badly at that show.

Uggghhh my fundraiser had to cancel.... :-(

peichef said:
DH has no idea that detail. Who was the show host (& her sister). Hopefully I didn't screw things up too badly at that show.

Your host was Jannet MacDonald. I think you may have made a cake in the large micro cooker, 'cause they were talking about that and I assumed it was from that show. Funny thing, she didn't leave me her phone number on her order form and doesn't want to have another show (for now, anyway).

I remember her show. Yes, we did the micro-cake. I think the sauce overflowed off the plate.She had a good show. I want to say $800-ish. She probably doesn't have room in her kitchen for much more stuff.

I really need to be getting ready for nite-nite time!!!

Wait, why did I just get an e-mail shipment confirmation on something that was delivered on August 21st???? LOL I just got the e-mail from PC tonight at 10:12 pm???? LOL

Why is my in-box always filled with penis enlargement emails?????

Why did the girl in line at the gas station today hand the clerk a $20 bill and say "20 on pump 5" then she walked out to her car, got in and drove away?? We laughed so hard and waited for her to come back but she never did! Must of been embarassed??

TammyStar said:
Why did the girl in line at the gas station today hand the clerk a $20 bill and say "20 on pump 5" then she walked out to her car, got in and drove away?? We laughed so hard and waited for her to come back but she never did! Must of been embarassed??

So, do you mean to say she never got her gas?? We don't have to pay before we get our gas here, that's why I ask. That is funny, though!

That's as bad as me driving away from the window at Burger King WITHOUT my $14 in change and then calling them to see if they had it. They did and I went back to get it! :D

I bought a few groceries and needed mayo.... Well in NC there is only one REAL mayo and that is Duke's mayo (THE BEST). Well I get home and I glance over the receipt and it cost $4.39!!!! When did MAYO go up in price like that????

PamperedCaniac said:
I bought a few groceries and needed mayo.... Well in NC there is only one REAL mayo and that is Duke's mayo (THE BEST). Well I get home and I glance over the receipt and it cost $4.39!!!! When did MAYO go up in price like that????

My SIL is from SC, and she has Dukes Mayo shipped up here to her. I tasted it one day, and it tasted pretty much like the Mrs. Clarks Mayo that I buy...only the kind I buy only has 4 ingredients. Just thought that was funny, because she spends so much money to have hers shipped up, and then labels it in the fridge so no one else can have it.:rolleyes:

PChefPEI said:
So, do you mean to say she never got her gas?? We don't have to pay before we get our gas here, that's why I ask. That is funny, though!

That's as bad as me driving away from the window at Burger King WITHOUT my $14 in change and then calling them to see if they had it. They did and I went back to get it! :D

Yes, I know Cali, Nev, Colo. Connecticut, you pay before you pump I don't know if all states are like this. Otherwise people would get their gas and drive away.

So YES she paid for her gas and didn't pump, just drove away! It was hysterical because the lady behind me said out loud "did she forget to get her gas" and I started laughing cuz I was watching her too and I was thinking the same thing!

Your lucky you went to an honest Burger King. I once gave a girl a $20 at McDonalds, she gave me change for a $10. I immediately asked for a manager and he said if her drawer was over $10 he would call me and give me my money back, he then called me and told me she wasn't short so I must have been mistaken. So I was out my $10!

My random deep thought for the day: Why, if the booty is the "hot" body part right now, do manufacturers NOT make jeans that are cut for women who HAVE booty? I was out shopping for jeans this morning, trying to find them cheaper than at Lane Bryant, and every single pair that I tried on at another department store either had an elastic waistband (yuk! old lady pants!) or had a gap of several inches in the back. So I ended up at Lane Bryant anyway (their Right Fit jeans ROCK!).

I can NEVER find jeans that fit right. I have a couple pr of Levi's that I live in. Otherwide it's running pants, etc.

Why do I have to repeat myself several times before my DS wil listen. He is 9 and if he keeps it up he may not see 10!!!!

My DH and I were having trouble with our DS, DD, DS, DD listening to us. We ended up having them put their right index finger in their right ear in hopes what we would say would stay inside their heads. It was funny looking when I think about it now.

why do i feel like I need at leat another 10 hours in the day!

Why do I drink coffee at 10:00 at night?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hathery
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies