• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions on Chamber of Commerce, Business Brochures & Pampered Chef Business Cards?

In summary, Andrea is considering whether to start up her business again or not. She has business cards and a quote on the back, but no brochure. She is inactive and can't find anyone to host her catalog show. She is considering small-scale catering as an option.
pchefinski
A few random questions for y'all....

1) Is it worth me getting a membership ($75) in my local Chamber of Commerce? Have any of you done this, and what kind of business increase have you seen from the membership? Advertising through it reaches nearly 350 businesses, so I'd think I would find some success with it, but I was just interested in others' experiences with this.

2) Also, do any of you lovely PCers have a brochure that you give/mail out or set out at businesses? I've been working on a flyer, but I think that a brochure might seem a little more professional and organized in ideas. I have the Microsoft Publisher program on my computer and I've been working on one, but wonder if it's worth my time to do so. (Yea, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this.) I'm thinking I can leave a stack at local businesses -- florists, bridal shops, photography studios, hairdressers, attorneys, doctors, etc -- if they'll let me. (Maybe offer them a 10% discount on an order if they place one or something.) Also, with the Chamber of Commerce, I believe they let you put some brochures at certain places in the area for free.. so I could do that (right?) if I had a brochure made up.

3) Another question. (I told you I had more than one! LOL) I am getting together my business cards, and wanted to highlight the main things about PC.. what I have so far:
- cooking shows
- catalog shows
- fundraisers
- wedding registries
- gift certificates
- income opportunities
Are there any other things I should be highlighting? I thought small-scale catering (I was in the culinary field before I got married, so i have some experience with that).. too much?

I'm inactive right now and unable to find anyone that is wanting to host.. my catalog show that I had going is doing terrible, despite the best efforts of the host (this is her 3rd show for me in the past 6 months!). I'm weighing my pros and cons, deciding whether I'm going to start back up or not. It's hard, I'm out in the middle of nowhere, with no vehicle and I know absolutely no one here (I'm a SAHM just moved here three years ago from everything & everyone I ever knew.) It's just extremely hard -- a lot harder than I thought it was ever going to be.

I think that's it for now. I thought I had another question or two, but I can't remember them anymore. Thanks for all your help and advice/suggestions beforehand.. I really do appreciate it -- it takes time to post replies to all of the posts on here.. and time shows that y'all care! Be blessed!

If I were you, being the situation that you are in (no vehicle and all, I assume your family only has one car?) I would start calling businesses first and see what type of response you get before signing up the Chamber.

On my business cards I just have the basic info and on the back a quote that I love. You could do the standard info on the front and then put the types of shows/services we offer.

Sorry, I don't have a brochure as I have not yet tackled businesses.

Good luck with your decision, I am sure being a SAHM in the middle of nowhere can be tough and lonely. I don't blame you for wanting something extra!

Andrea - thanks. I've tried to call local businesses before to see if they'd be interested in seeing a catalog, but maybe I approached it wrong. That was months ago -- before I joined this forum. Anyway, I got all extremely negative replies.. But I thought maybe through the Chamber, they wouldn't see my advertising so much as an intrusion, but as another business that's included in the monthly newsletters and the like. I've thought about going to some businesses in person and talking to them, but my husband uses our only car for work, so I don't even have a vehicle to get into town, much less to go from place to place! I understand making a ton of excuses isn't going to get me very far (if anything, it'll get me two steps back), but everywhere I turn, there seems to be an obstacle. I try to keep my eye on the prize -- "An obstacle is what you see when you take your eyes off your goal." (my senior quote! lol) but discouragement sometimes creeps in. It isn't that I want to give up PC, because I definately don't. I have visions of grandeur, getting out of my house (the walls are closing in!) and having actual intelligible (and possibly intelligent) conversation with other adults. But there are many things that could use my attention, and if I'm pouring myself into my PC business only to have no return, I can't stomach continuing it. You know what I mean? How many times do you fail before you accept that it just can't work and move on, content in what you did have at one point?

Have you tried pampering a local business? Choose a business to call up and thank them for how much of a difference they make in the community. Then tell them you would like to pamper their business. Ask if you can bring in some yummy goodies for their staff and customers to enjoy. Who will say no to that? When you bring in the goodies, see if you can leave some catalogs or flyers or some kind of information there with the goodies. Come the next day to pick up your empty dishes and gage the response to your information.

Here's another suggestion: Help a friend of neighbor make dinner! Mary Kay consultants look at the biz as how many faces did you do this month, not how many shows. We could benefit by trying the personalized service as well. Ask your friend or neighbor what they are having for dinner, then offer to come bring some wonderful tools to help them make it. You'll likely promote interest in a purchase or hosting a show!

Try the local schools, the teachers might want to do a catalog show. They can post it in the teachers lounge. Also if you are able to get one from a teacher, try to do a fundraiser for one of the sports, like the cheerleaders or wrestling team, etc. Its worth a try!!

Amanda I know exactly how you feel. I hear in what you type that you are absolutely in a funk right now. I have been there time and again over the last year, I decided to give it one last go....and low and behold this last push is working. But, it's working because my attitude is different, I won't let myself or anyone else for that matter tell me that I can't make this work. I made it work (very well) before I moved and I can do it here too. Gosh, I just soooo know how you feel, afraid of failing, afraid of making a mistake, and afraid that making one decision over another could change your life, the fear of the unknown. Hang in there and give it a go, what do you have to loose? You can do this! There is a niche out there that when you find it your business will explode. I would start calling schools and churches as well to find fundraisers or you could do a family night event demo that shows some of the fast family favorites.

If you want something badly enough you can make it happen, just set your mind to it and go!

Amanda, i totally feel your pain. i moved back here to mississippi a year ago and know alot of people who have helped me but they are getting wore out. I have so many things going right now that i just dont know if i will be able to pick up again even though i really want to. i feel like i have to make a choice between my commitment to god and my commitment to my job. not a hard decision but i just dont want to give up my other passion!! i love to cook, meet people and talk. i love helping others and this is my way of doing that. its a hard decision to make. we also only have one car so i cant do anything throughout the day unless i do it at my house. i guess my best piece of advice is to do what i am doing. dont rush into a decison. you have to do what is best for you and your family. good luck....we will get through this together!!!

I am in the same boat as most of you. I had a great start back in October and January wasn't bad but now I'm running out of hostesses. I have taken stacks of flyers to 5 different schools out here for them to put in the Teacher's boxes. I have mailed maybe 30 letters to business telling them about our Express lunches. I have called around 10-15 past customers to see if they want to book a show and nothing!

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know! I don't want to sound desperate but all my checks from PC are going towards our move in June. So that only gives me 2 1/2 months!

I do have 2 shows the last week of this month and 2 for next month so far. I need some creative ideas to get people to book at those shows. Do you guys have any?

April

Sending out flyers won't get you anywhere unless you follow up with them. After sending the flyers to businesses, call them and find a contact to ask if they received your flyer, then speak with this contact about the express lunches. She will receive the benefits.

Also, changing your attitude like was quoted above helped me tremendously. I did a very expensive booth as my last effort before giving it up three years ago, and also changed my attitude. Before, I had kept track of every penny and minute, always computing in my head how much money per hour I was making. When I changed my attitude and solely went after helping the host get as much as she possibly could, my business boomed! Here I am, three years later with a very successful business, being the sole provider for my three young children.

Okay...so when I call these businesses what do I say...I'm sorry to sound so childish but I've never been any good with phone calls. Thats why I've never tried telemarketing..LOL!

How do I go about asking for the contact person etc. And I try and make a point to spoil my hostesses and tell them that its all about them but like I said I can't get hostesses to start with. I dont' know very many people here and the ones that I do know I've already worn them out with PC.

And the few that I've talked to give me reasons why they can't have a show...

My sister just had one
A lot of ladies where I work sell it
My friend just had a show

What are some responses to these? I really think that they are just excuses that they give so they don't have to say 'no'

April

kitchenshowchef said:
What are some responses to these? I really think that they are just excuses that they give so they don't have to say 'no'

April

How about...

"So, let me make sure I understand. You are okay with all of your friends and family getting free stuff when you have gone to their shows and paid full price? Isn't it your turn to get your wish list completed for free?"

I am a rather blunt person so that is what I would say! If they say no at least you have tried everything, this might make them stop to think.

You might really benefit from a teleclass or audio CD on Responding to Objections. There is also info about it in the Step Up to Director workbook, if you can get a copy of that.

They teach to use the Feel, Felt, Found method (I think that's right). Here's an example, "My sister just had one." Your response: "Oh, your sister recently had a Pampered Chef show? That's great! I understand that you FEEL that everyone has already been to a show and won't be interested in yours. I know a hostess who FELT the same way when her whole crowd of friends recently did the party circuit. What we FOUND was when we offered a Chocolate and Champagne party showing the new Spring products, her friends were quite enthusiastic to attend, and surprisingly, even found lots of products that they still needed! She had a great show!"

I'm also not big on phone calls, although my past job was practically the same sort of thing with PC. Start off small, mail out what the few things and then followup with a phone call. Do a phone call or two a day.

One big thing that I learned with objections... don't take it personal. The people are usually saying no to the situation, not to you. And most importantly, don't be afraid to go outside your comfort zone. While it is a huge challenge for most people (including myself) you honestly never know what will happen.

What is the Chamber of Commerce and why is it important for my business?

The Chamber of Commerce is a local organization that promotes and supports businesses within a specific region. Being a member of the Chamber of Commerce can provide your business with networking opportunities, resources, and advocacy within the community.

How can I get my business brochure to stand out and effectively represent my Pampered Chef business?

To make your business brochure stand out, use high-quality images and design, include clear and concise information about your business and products, and make sure to highlight the unique benefits of Pampered Chef. You can also consider using special finishes or paper to make your brochure more visually appealing.

Are business cards still relevant in today's digital age?

Yes, business cards are still a valuable tool in networking and promoting your business. They provide a tangible and professional representation of your brand and can easily be shared with potential customers or partners.

Can I include my Pampered Chef website or social media handles on my business cards and brochures?

Yes, it is recommended to include your website and social media handles on your business cards and brochures. This allows potential customers to easily find and connect with your business online.

Are there any specific design guidelines I should follow when creating my Pampered Chef business cards and brochures?

While there are no specific guidelines, it is important to make sure your designs are visually appealing, professional, and accurately represent your brand. You can also incorporate your Pampered Chef logo and colors to create a cohesive and recognizable brand image.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • utopianaurora
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • Saturday Gourmet