1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Random question...

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Ok, so I had a show for my mom Friday and one of her guests (someone I know from our church) was interested in the Season's Best that I had brought for people to look through. I didn't realize what she was asking when she asked if I could just add it to her order when I was checking her out so when she walked out with it I was a little surprised! I guess she figured I had them there to sell immediately! It doesn't hurt me because I put it on her order form so she paid full price and I'll just keep the one that comes in the shipment, but I wondered if anyone else keeps little items like that at shows and works it the way my sale ended up? I know for booths at fairs and stuff consultants sometimes do Cash and Carry but I wondered if anyone ever does it for their cooking shows?

Apr 13, 2009
  2. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

No, I just 'add' it to their order. I don't carry 'cash n carry' at shows and then just replace on their order. I wouldn't want to get stuck at the end of the season with any.

Apr 13, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

A couple times I've had someone buy a SB from me but that's all they wanted to order.

Apr 13, 2009
  4. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

I try to have extras with me at fairs/booths b/c people will ask to buy just the seasons best. I don't offer to sell them at shows.

Apr 13, 2009
  5. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

It happens to me all the time. I make a practice of having a few on hand to sell at the show or simply giove away

Apr 13, 2009
  6. aka1908

aka1908 Novice Member

I give mine away as hostess gifts and have the guest sign them. It is kind of a remember type cook book. They r so inexpensive and the host really appreciates it.

Apr 14, 2009
  7. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I've actually had this happen with a bottle of the Sweet Sprinkles. I had a jewlery consultant expect that she just took the display one. Since that is how she runs her business. I had a spare, so I just did it that way for her. Oh and she didn't want to order anything else. Good thing the one I had on display wasn't opened.

Have something to add?